Galaxy Nexus!

ille1234

Google's latest flagship phone has been out for some time in the UK and the US but it just recently released over here. This is both a good and a bad thing. The good being that root has already been achieved and the bad being the unbearable wait for it to hit the shelves...

The thing is though that it seems just a bit less powerfull than it could've been, a little bit of a dissapointment in other words.

So right now i'm torn, the phone is gorgeous in every way but i know that both htc and Samsung soon will announce a couple of new phones that, possibly, will blow this one out of the water (they always do). My problem is though that i don't want either one of them to defile the phones with their respective UI's (Touchwiz and htc Sense). I know that those can be removed by simply flashing a new rom but it could take months for the developers to make a fully-featured vanilla rom that's just as stable and just as fast as the ones based upon the official releases.

I need help making this decision, i've tried myself but i'm getting nowhere.

What would you do?

What the hell are you people doing with all those phones anyway???

You can't really be talking THAT much ... are you???

The only viable reason i could see for me to even remotely think even touch those would be to call a garage if my cars burns up in the middle of the highway ...

Otherwise, my girlfriend would probably drive me crazy, calling anywhere 24/7 ??? o_O

Seriously drop the phone and go buy a donut lol .... hummmmmm dooo-nut :holy:

What the hell are you people doing with all those phones anyway???

You can't really be talking THAT much ... are you???

The only viable reason i could see for me to even remotely think even touch those would be to call a garage if my cars burns up in the middle of the highway ...

Otherwise, my girlfriend would probably drive me crazy, calling anywhere 24/7 ??? o_O

Seriously drop the phone and go buy a donut lol .... hummmmmm dooo-nut :holy:

Talking with phones? Hah, you amateur.

It's a toy god damn it! :D

ya talking on the ... o_O wait what !!! i knew something was wrong in sweden ... you evil creature !!!

lol

anyway like you said it's a toy if you want it ... buy it

Seems like i've spilled the evil Swedish beans. Well, now you know...

Indeed, it is a toy. Correction; a very expensive toy. I really need to spend my money in the best possible way, me being a poor ass student.

I have the Galaxy S and its a dang good phone... er... um... gadget rather... i make calls on it sometimes...

nest time im in the market for a new phone i can see myself getting another version of the Galaxy

Yea, my friend has that and it seems really good :-)

I myself have always been more of an htc guy. That's complicating this a bit as i've never owned a samsung phone and have no idea how they suit me. I guess sometime has to be the first right? :)

Yea, my friend has that and it seems really good :-)

I myself have always been more of an htc guy. That's complicating this a bit as i've never owned a samsung phone and have no idea how they suit me. I guess sometime has to be the first right? :)

I had the first Android G1... the original "google" phone and its hardware was htc and i thought it was great (at the time, lol)

Im easy to please though :)

Wait for HTC.

Samsung does not know what a phone is, and never will.

I beg to differ, the Galaxy Nexus is dang delicious.

But i agree, htc make more quality products... Usually. Lately htc have been spitting out new mediocre devices each and evey week, which has resulted in the average quality being lowered, a lot.

Unless htc manages to make a newflag with the same standards as the htc Desire had when it was first released, I'm probably not going for them...

• 2 weeks later...

I hear Galaxy Nexus has Issues with very slow browser (when flash is enable) and Battery shouldn't could take more than 8 hours.

Consider getting either this Phone or Galaxy S2

Rumor has it that Samsung has something in store for february. I'm holding my breath until then ;)

God i hope not! I've only had my S2 for 5 months:P

Don't you worry, the S2 is in no way outdated nor will it be anytime soon :)

As for me though, I'm still rocking my Desire HD which, really doesn't need to be replaced but I've had it for almost a year and a half and I'm getting quite bored with it :P

Don't you worry, the S2 is in no way outdated nor will it be anytime soon :)

As for me though, I'm still rocking my Desire HD which, really doesn't need to be replaced but I've had it for almost a year and a half and I'm getting quite bored with it :P

Had Desire HD since it was released, but wish HTC would hurry the fuck up and get ICS out to it.

Had Desire HD since it was released, but wish HTC would hurry the fuck up and get ICS out to it.

It's a glorious phone no doubt about it, not a fan of HTC sense though, and I'm pretty sure that it will completely ruin ICS. That's why i run CM :)

Also, btw, ICS is available for the DHD, just not officially. It's the vanilla version and it's very close to being stable. The devs are att build version 0.9.9 and for me, it's working really well, apart from the camera :P

It's a glorious phone no doubt about it, not a fan of HTC sense though, and I'm pretty sure that it will completely ruin ICS. That's why i run CM :)

Also, btw, ICS is available for the DHD, just not officially. It's the vanilla version and it's very close to being stable. The devs are att build version 0.9.9 and for me, it's working really well, apart from the camera :P

I consider rooting my phone, when ICS stable come out.

I consider rooting my phone, when ICS stable come out.

If you want the best possible experience you should wait until CM9 gets released, I'm convinced it will be far better than the current one.

Not that the current one is bad or anything, it's just not as blazingly fast as ICS actually is and I'm convinced that CM9 will fix that. Also when a lot of custom roms starts to emerge based upon CM9, that's when shit gets real ;)

If you want the best possible experience you should wait until CM9 gets released, I'm convinced it will be far better than the current one.

Not that the current one is bad or anything, it's just not as blazingly fast as ICS actually is and I'm convinced that CM9 will fix that. Also when a lot of custom roms starts to emerge based upon CM9, that's when shit gets real ;)

Just tell when that happen