Cozy Trophies for Cozy Gamers

On 1/11/2024 at 8:11 PM, esstee11 said:

I'm trying to think of a cosy game that has ultra rare trophies, but I can't think of any. Do any of you guys have any suggestions?

I'm doing Disco Elysium right now. It's quite a long platinum but I think it actually counts because there is quite famously no combat. Every violent action you take, and there are very few of these, is just a percentage chance via text (that you can save scum, if you wish). So in effect it is like reading a really long visual novel, or perhaps playing a point and click with more customisation and dialogue options.

If you have a PS3, both Sims 3 and Sims 3: Pets are ultra rare. I own the games but haven't done the platinums...I used to love the Sims but the plats seem like they might be kind of boring haha.

I find the Tropico games to be cozy. Great sound tracks and having fun building a nation on a tropical island, what's not to like? Tropico 5 is UR but Tropico 6 is only UR on the PS5 North America stack.

The Amnesia Collection is ultra rare and features fail states, but no combat (I think, I've read that the new game is the first to feature actual combat). Of course, not everyone is going to find being chased by monsters to be cozy 😅But I think there's a case for its inclusion as a puzzle/atmospheric game.

If Amnesia qualifies then perhaps the Outlast games would too? I don't know much about them but do have them on my list for this year. As far as I know they also feature no combat. At the same time I feel like permadeath + no or limited save runs is really not that cozy!

Also @graphic_violins8 I didn't get credit for the UR plat bonus points for Hunting Sim :)

Edited by VersusCA
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, VersusCA said:

I'm doing Disco Elysium right now. It's quite a long platinum but I think it actually counts because there is quite famously no combat. Every violent action you take, and there are very few of these, is just a percentage chance via text (that you can save scum, if you wish). So in effect it is like reading a really long visual novel, or perhaps playing a point and click with more customisation and dialogue options.

If you have a PS3, both Sims 3 and Sims 3: Pets are ultra rare. I own the games but haven't done the platinums...I used to love the Sims but the plats seem like they might be kind of boring haha.

I find the Tropico games to be cozy. Great sound tracks and having fun building a nation on a tropical island, what's not to like? Tropico 5 is UR but Tropico 6 is only UR on the PS5 North America stack.

The Amnesia Collection is ultra rare and features fail states, but no combat (I think, I've read that the new game is the first to feature actual combat). Of course, not everyone is going to find being chased by monsters to be cozy 😅But I think there's a case for its inclusion as a puzzle/atmospheric game.

If Amnesia qualifies then perhaps the Outlast games would too? I don't know much about them but do have them on my list for this year. As far as I know they also feature no combat. At the same time I feel like permadeath + no or limited save runs is really not that cozy!

Also @graphic_violins8 I didn't get credit for the UR plat bonus points for Hunting Sim :)

Nice, I will think about blowing the dust off my PS3 🙂 

About Amnesia Collection, I got that plat few years ago iirc it was a bit hard, and tense and dangerous where you can die anywhere, why it's a UR plat (aswell as being on + ) . It's a common horror mechanic that you don't have a weapon and can't fight/combat however anything can still kill you if it gets you so still very far removed from easy or cosy, your heart is constantly pounding in fear lol Alien Isolation for example like this too, brilliant game, one of my favourites of all time, but by no means easy or cosy!

Now Outlast, my 2 cents is this title you mention is a polar opposite of cosy haha I have 100% all Outlast games, and they are insanely difficult, extremely stressful, and wholeheartedly horrifying lol I do love them, cuz i'm a indie horror nut, think they should be played, just not for this event 😂

The only horror types I can think of like this that would qualify are the few that have a 'safe mode' or 'ghost mode' you can select from the start, which removes all enemies from the game so you can't die, so you can peacefully stroll around getting all trophies hassle-free, a few have done this, the first example off top of my head is, a classic and a great too,  SOMA 🙂

Edited by esstee11
  • Like 2

I would like to be in! Also, would my platinum in Echoshift that I've done 2 days ago, count towards this challenge already or the games count only after joining the event? Because I think I didn't find anything about it in the rules. I would gladly share my experience with the game too, since it was an interesting experience.

• Like 4

Game: My Brother Rabbit.

Points +1

(Total points = 5).

This PS4 game came out 2018 and is a very very chill sweet game with sweet music, a point and click adventure with mild puzzles, no guide needed as there is chapter select, no way to die, easy and relaxing to complete. My favourite thing about these P&C games is that the art style and direction often remind me of a surrealist painting, bizarre but beautiful. Like one level there are melting clocks ofc reminiscent of the great genius Salvador Dali well known masterpiece 'The Persistence of Memory'. Anyway, it was a nice sweet game, albeit with a slightly unsatisfying abrupt ending.
Trailer:

• Like 4

On 1/11/2024 at 1:51 PM, esstee11 said:

@graphic_violins8 ok great cheers, it is definately like that, just like watching a true crime documentary to me 😁

@Mokkajunior oh I certainly will be playing whatever I want outside of this event too, i have to get my horror fixes or I'll implode 😆 this year I'll be playing horror games like (if they come out) Outlast Trials, Killer Klowns From Outer Space, Silent Hill Remake, Alone In The Dark, The Last of Us Part 2 Remake, etc. Stuff like that 👍

...And I am also still addicted to Texas Chain Saw Massacre game and still play a couple hours of it every night for fun if I'm in, I'm playing it right now 😂👍

I'm that way with Dead by Daylight, I want to earn all of the trophies in the game, so i still play it when I only have a 30 minute or so break, just enough time for two games in an even matched game.

• Like 1

Possiblly suspicous pick but would you all see Overcooked as a Cozy game? With two people it a hundred percent isn't but as a single player experience there is a level of zen I fall into that's quite cozy. I own the all you can eat edition and was curious if i was just Insane *badum tss* for finding it cozy or if it would qualify. Like watching Chopped/Great british bake off on the food network to zen out

• Like 1

Got my third point with Viewfinder!  Such a fantastic game with a kind of meh final level.  I'm still deciding if I enjoyed the final level or not.  The game has a very important mechanic that allows you to rewind whatever you've done to try again, and the final puzzle introduces something that kind of negates that mechanic.  Like I like the idea they were going for, but the execution was kind of weak.  Otherwise, I absolutely adored this game.  It's kind of Superliminal, in that a lot of it is about perspective, but the focus is on using photos to generate new items in the environment.  Definitely recommend overall.

Title: Viewfinder

System: PS5

Current Points: 3

@insainraven lol my gut is like Oh my no!  But by the rules, yeah I believe it counts as cozy.  So go for it!

• Like 2

Posting an earlier update because I finally completed a game I didn't intend to:  it was a pain, and if anyone is playing it, the final trophy is glitched.  

The Suicide of Rachel Foster

Let me start by saying that I genuinely hated this game, not just for the glitched final trophy, gameplay aspects, but for what felt like a huge minimization of possible triggers that include suicide, grooming, and child sexual abuse.  I initially started this one for the vibes: a woman alone, stuck in a hotel in the middle of a winter snow storm (could't be more perfect for the winter storms crossing the US this week).  

For a quick synopsis, this is a first person walkthrough where Nicole (you) returns to her family hotel with the intent of selling it.  What's supposed to be a quick trip to inspect the place turns into a 9 day stay that connects her with her childhood and a moment she can't quite remember.  With the help of Irving, a FEMA agent, you navigate eerie corridors, locate long-forgotten hidden doors, and start to discover the truth about Rachel Foster.  

My problem with the game, besides the triggers, are the following:

1)  Even for a walking simulator, it is sooo slow and tedious at times.  You will be locked into certain narrative events that do not allow you to do anything else until done.  In addition there are days that don't really add anything narratively and just drag the game out

2) So much back tracking 

3) The final trophy glitch, and the long dialogue you have to go through should you need to try it again (no dialogue is skippable in this game)

Spoiler

This is based on a decision you have to make: leave the car running in the garage and die, or turn it off and choose to live.  After the dialogue, I selected the gear and then Nicole died immediately when there should be some dialogue leading up to that along with some decision making.  I never saw anything labeled for the "ignition" in the car to save myself.  On my 3rd attempt I let the game go without her doing anything with the gear and she decides happens be warned that the trophy still does not pop; in fact if you wait until the end of the credits expecting it to pop for the "correct" ending, you'd be mistaken and now have to play the game all over again to try for the trophy again.  

When I chose the gear, I made sure to look around with the analog stick, then moved the hand over the gear and was able to turn it on and then off after selected.  This led to the trophy finally populating for me                              

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MissShake said:

Got my first game done for this event!

Game: Coffee Talk Episode 2: Hibiscus & Butterfly

System: PS5

+1 Points

Coffee Talk 2 is a game where you brew hot drinks and listen to the stories of your patrons. It basically functions as a visual novel where instead of making choices your drinks influence the story! I love how Coffee Talk blends modern day Seattle with fantastical creatures such as elves and vampires. It's been cold here, so this was a great way to relax before bed.

https://cdn2.steamgriddb.com/hero_thumb/e5ecd35edda806743600022c9908213a.jpg

Point Total: 1

Btw it looks like I was never added to the spreadsheet @graphic_violins8 :)

Nice!  And my bad, got you added to the spreadsheet and I’ll update your points later.  Also this sounds great!

• Like 1

So, in a hunt for a UR, for the special bonus points task:

Cozy but Deadly - Complete an ultra rare achievement or trophy in a cozy game(photo evidence required) - 10 points

Today I got this trophy, ultra rare 3.63% just for holding a funny 'proud hero' pose while falling off a ramp!

Link (my photo's won't work): https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2546-trials-fusion/12-leaving-a-fine-lookin-fossil

It is in Trials Fusion, yes a hard game, but i think it's fun just trying to balance around BMX tracks. I like those kind of games even if I'm not good at them lol. I was initially gonna go for the 'find 20 squirrels' Bright-Eyed & Bushy Tailed trophy 0.97% in same game, but then saw this and decided that might do. It certainly wasn't hard in the slightest but it's up to you if you think it qualifies. or if I need to find a cosier game in general. I don't know if it should count so anyone let me know what they think 🙂

If not then I found some trophies I haven't done yet in Angry Birds! Which must count surely, and there is plenty of UR trophies in Angry Birds Star Wars PS4 game.

Edited by esstee11
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, esstee11 said:

Cozy but Deadly - Complete an ultra rare achievement or trophy in a cozy game(photo evidence required) - 10 points

Today I got this trophy, ultra rare 3.63% just for holding a funny 'proud hero' pose while falling off a ramp!

Link (my photo's won't work): https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2546-trials-fusion/12-leaving-a-fine-lookin-fossil

It is in Trials Fusion, yes a hard game, but i think it's fun just trying to balance around BMX tracks. I like those kind of games even if I'm not good at them lol. I was initially gonna go for the 'find 20 squirrels' Bright-Eyed & Bushy Tailed trophy 0.97% in same game, but then saw this and decided that might do. It certainly wasn't hard in the slightest but it's up to you if you think it qualifies. or if I need to find a cosier game in general. I don't know if it should count so anyone let me know what they think 🙂

If not then I found some trophies I haven't done yet in Angry Birds! Which must count surely, and there is plenty of UR trophies in Angry Birds Star Wars PS4 game.

I have watched @graphic_violins8 play that one and that game looks incredibly difficult, with the stunts and levels it looks like you need a ton of patience to try.  I applaud you for venturing out and even trying that game, and offer a huge congrats on getting that ultra rare!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, esstee11 said:

So thats my bad. That was supposed to say ultra rare platinum or 100%.  I’ll totally count it since I messed it up ( Trials counts as far as I’m concerned, it is really hard but I think, given the way the game is laid out it fits more of a puzzle genre than sports, so I’ll count it.  

in the future it’ll require an ultra rare platinum or 100%. Sorry about that. OP is fixed.

Edited by graphic_violins8
  • Like 1

Weekly update on games played:

Outside of The Suicide of Rachel Foster, I managed to platinum 2 more games for a total of 3 more

The Artful Escape:

If a game could make me swoon... this is the one.  If there was a game I could crawl into and feel comfortable and safe... this is that game.  It's so vibrant, I loved everything from the music, eccentric characters, and the themes.  It's centered around a teen looking to make his breakthrough in music, but he can't seem to escape the pressures and expectations that come with him following his famous uncle's footsteps.  The evening before his performance he is swept across the galaxies where he performs for a variety of characters, forming his own stage persona, all while realizing himself and actualizing his dreams.

It's a very simple game as far as play through goes, there are some missable trophies but luckily the game uses chapters so it's really easy to go back and get them.  I loved sliding through areas while pressing the buttons for him to perform and watching everything illuminate.  The performances can be a little easy to mess up, but nothing bad happens if you do.  I would say that the part scene I got stuck on was during a chase where you have to do the double jump and then the glide to make it over a closing wall, but it was ultimately easy to overcome.

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

I posted about this one earlier this month and how I completed the story.  But I FINALLY platinumed it.  

Games I'm Focusing on this week:

Lemon Cake

Road 96

Dear Esther

Abzu

• Like 3

Alright.  Weekly updates are done.  @Alex_Hedgehog you're on the board!

I did have one more game this week, in the form of Thomas Was Alone.  This was one of the original indie darlings way back when.  When everyone was gushing over the brutality of Super Meat Boy or the brain twistingness of Braid and Fez, Thomas Was alone was just wholesome.  It holds up remarkably well all these years later but the PS4 version is a tad buggy.  I did find some jumps not working properly on the PS5 and it was frustrating to try to jump on a platform only to stick to the side of it like a booger.  I'd still recommend this though.  It's a simple puzzle platformer with some brilliant voice over work.  Get it before it leaves PS Plus next month.  It only takes a couple hours!

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, graphic_violins8 said:

So thats my bad. That was supposed to say ultra rare platinum or 100%.  I’ll totally count it since I messed it up ( Trials counts as far as I’m concerned, it is really hard but I think, given the way the game is laid out it fits more of a puzzle genre than sports, so I’ll count it.  

in the future it’ll require an ultra rare platinum or 100%. Sorry about that. OP is fixed.

No no don't count it then otherwise I've cheated the system getting one trophy when its harder for others after needing a plat/100% 😂

Thats totally fine its only January ill find something else in the year 😁👍

Sea giraffe yea I'll never complete it I cant get past the hard levels lol but it is fun to play, but crazy hard to master

• Like 1

Happy Tuesday!  Anyone else worried January is the month they will peak?  I still have loads of games to play, but this just feels like the month where I'm on a roll.  

Game: Lake

Point: 1 

Total: 9

Lake has been on my radar for a while as far as watching YouTubers talk about it as a must-play cozy game.  In fact, I started it last year but got side tracked by life.  Returning to a small cozy town off the lake felt like the right thing to do for two days.  

The game is about Meredith, a woman returning to her quiet hometown to help her dad out at work while her parents are vacationing in Florida.  His job, and subsequently Meredith's job for 2 weeks: deliver mail to a town and a few outlying locations all centered around... you guessed it... a Lake!  So Meredith reconnects with old friends and neighbors, and meets some new people who have since moved to the small town while she has been working in the city (does some of this sound like a Hallmark movie to you?).  After the 2 weeks Meredith must make the tough decision: stay, leave... or the third option if you do all your talking right: escape the confines of traditional living and leave in an RV.

Overall the game is meh.  You spend 11-12 days traveling the same circle to deliver mail, there are two romanceable characters but they don't have any bearings on your trophies, they just have reactions when it comes time to make your decision in the end.  None of the dialogue is skippable, and there is a lot of it so there are times where you might want to, it is glitchy sometimes - for instance when delivering a large package to the diner, Meredith ended up on the roof while trying to squeeze through the door; another moment is when you pick a picture you took to submit to a contest, I couldn't see the photos or which I was selecting but the screen was set up to show me my options.  There are 3 different endings, and they each have their own trophy, and speaking of trophies, outside of the first day trophy and the one you earn for your original play through are the only two guaranteed, everything else is missable.  And speaking of them already being missable: the Workaholic trophy is set to occur after agreeing to help your boss on certain days when he calls you, I did not get the prompt on the night the guide said I would and I thought I had actually missed it completely.   What actually happens though is if you do another activity that night (I think it's the movie outing with Angie) you will not get the prompt on how to spend your evening.  Luckily, your boss calls you the next night to remind you and you can take care of it that night instead and still get the trophy. 

• Like 4

You are right you are on a roll @Sea_Giraffe007 congrats! I've bee  meaning to play Lake for ever! But hearing you say it is generally meh well I'll put it back on the back shelf then lol.

I on the other hand, I uninstalled TCM to stop myself playing that, but now I feel an addiction to trials fusion it is all I've played for 3 days 😂 getting some juicy UR's from it got 2 more today, a 0.73% and a 0.81% wow I might 100% this after all! 😆

10 hours ago, esstee11 said:

You are right you are on a roll @Sea_Giraffe007 congrats! I've bee  meaning to play Lake for ever! But hearing you say it is generally meh well I'll put it back on the back shelf then lol.

I on the other hand, I uninstalled TCM to stop myself playing that, but now I feel an addiction to trials fusion it is all I've played for 3 days 😂 getting some juicy UR's from it got 2 more today, a 0.73% and a 0.81% wow I might 100% this after all! 😆

Thank you!  Yeah, save Lake for later, it might be more of a mood game, I really went with it because I’m trying to do some trophy cleanup for a completion rate challenge.  

Ride that addiction, Trials Fusion might be good for an ultra rare challenge too if you’re doing any this year.

• Like 2

Got my next one in the form of Call of the Sea.  A gorgeous game that I ultimately felt was a let down overall.  The story was fine but it was ultimately rushed.  I did like the puzzles for the most part, but one chapter in particular was just bad beginning to end.  I would recommend it still, but only cause the overall package is just suitable enough.  The trophy list definitely warrants a walkthrough, but fortunately even the "missable" trophies can be followed up on via chapter select. 

Also, got the updates on the main post.  

• Like 2

Weekly Update

(Additional) Games this week: 2

Total games: 11

Happy Sunday!  This was the week where I kind of wanted to play anything but cozy games, but I did get some in this week. 

Abzu - I LOVED this game.  I'll admit I am not a fan of swimming as a function in video games, so to make that the entire basis of the game was frustrating for me.  However, I did finally get (kind of) used to it.  But I enjoyed this game immensely: the story was beautiful, the color choices for the different areas of the ocean were amazing, I enjoyed the interactions with the fish you could swim with, and I even liked the meditation option that just let you observe the fish around you.  There are a lot of missable trophies, but if you didn't catch them in the game itself, you can revisit areas by chapters.  

Fractured Minds - I enjoyed this game for its representation of mental health.  The puzzles were easy to do in this one, there are two missable trophies, but given how short the game is, they're easy to go back and get.   

• Like 3