Cozy Trophies for Cozy Gamers

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, esstee11 said:

When you said a simpler change I thought you would just make any/all cosy games completed like 5 points each or something which would make it real easy lol

But any way is fine, i am happy with whatever points system you like 🙂  We are all just playing for fun enjoying cosy games so it's all good 💜

So actually I like that.  Let’s switch the points to a universal 1 point per game.  We’ll leave the extra points for the special stuff that is listed in the OP but we’ll remove the categories and stick to 1 point for all trophies/achievements or for consoles without achievements, story completed. I’ll make this retroactive and just have all completed games worth one point.  I’ll update the OP in a bit to reflect that. 

EDIT
Okay, the original post has been edited to reflect the change.  However, one thing I want to mention is that if anyone would like to be removed from points or point tracking all together, and jut focus n the games themselves, I'm totally cool with that.  All I ask is a short little blurb on what you thought about the game after you finish it either way.  If the points are needlessly confusing for you, I totally get that.

Edited by graphic_violins8
  • Like 2

Sounds marvellous 🙂

I wont be having to question anything now or trying to decide which genre my hybrid game is lol.

Oh def the bonus goals are cool and awesome we love those 😁

Only been couple games completed so far so easy to amend, Sea 3, Mokk 2, Seto 1, Graph 1, Ess 1, something like that, lovely stuff on with the show have fun everyone 😁🎉

• Like 2

After a very rough year in 2023 I love this idea. Count me in! Hoping this will get me back into playing some games without the stress (says the person that started the year with a stressful game)

Can't wait to see all the recommendations people have, already noted a couple here :)

• Like 2

Welcome new people!

Game: Submerged: Hidden Depths.

Platform: PS5.

(Total points = 2).

Submerged: Hidden Depths.

1/10 difficulty.

~7 hours platinum completion time.

Wow. honestly, THAT is how you make a sequel. If my enjoyment of the first Submerged which i like very much, is say an 8/10, then this gorgeous 2022 sequel is a solid 10/10. They have improved the game to maximum in every possible way, everything is bigger and better and even more beautiful, the story, the graphics, the environmental/level design, the cutscenes, music is still lovely, even the map and mechanics have better functionality, and this time we even get a proper big satisfying ending. I will go as far as to say Submerged Hidden Depths is now my number 1 favourite chill collectathon exploration game, totally recommend it to any cosy game lover. It shouldn't be missed. The fact 5 thousand people played first game but only 500 people have played this better sequel needs to be amended immediately!

There is more story and cutscenes, this time focusing on the sister, what happened to her, and her connection to nature with some form of magic power as given to her at the end of the first game.. This time you are planting seeds around, to bring green flourishing nature back, to combat the strange black plant taking over the half submerged lost city.

The trophies are even easier here than the first game, no need for a guide at all, just pick up and play, again this game is completely combat-free and you cannot die, just enjoy the peaceful beautiful scenery and discover the collectables. It really was fantastic so happy I played it, I love it, it put me in a great mood 🙂

Edited by esstee11
  • Like 4

@graphic_violins8@Sea_Giraffe007 I think I'm done with eligible games for a little while, here's what I have so far:

What Remains of Edith Finch - This was really cool, I liked that it experimented with so many different narrative styles as you trace the main character's family history. I'm not a huge walking sim fan but this is probably the strongest one I've played.

Artful Escape - A+ Art style, voice work, music, story but I feel like it was a little long for how simple the game play is. I think it took me 3 hours and the gameplay is just SUPER simple 2D platforming, followed by easy "simon-says" style rhythm gaming. I felt a little bored by the end which is kind of a shame because of how excellent most of the game's elements were. I'd give it like a 7/10.

Chicken Police - Delightfully weird game where all the characters are different types of animals. It's a point-and-click style puzzle/adventure game with a 1930s noir/detective coat of paint. It's short enough that it certainly doesn't wear out its welcome, either!

Donut County - You play as a raccoon who creates holes to swallow up an entire town. It's a fairly simple puzzle game, but I found it satisfying to grow the hole and drop ever-larger objects into it. The art style is quite cute as well, and like Chicken Police most of the cast are different types of animals.

The Gardens Between - A puzzle game where the main mechanic is manipulating time back and forward. The story is quite light on this one but the puzzles were interesting enough and I enjoyed the music.

Call of the Sea - A puzzle/walking sim game with a 1930s pulp adventure aesthetic (think Indiana Jones) that also includes cthulhu mythology. Honestly that premise is more interesting than I found the game itself to be. The pace at which your character walks is so slow that it artificially inflates the run time, and I found the writing to be a bit poorly conveyed. I quite enjoyed the visuals though, especially the first couple chapters.

Hunting Simulator - Unlike other hunting games I've played (Cabela's, Big Buck Arcade) this game actually tries to replicate the placid experience of stalking prey and being patient to get the kill. Also unlike those games, there's not what I would call combat - every animal, even the largest bears and wolves, will run away from you, and you cannot be hurt or killed. At first this slow-paced approach had me disliking the game but as I played more I grew to appreciate it as a truer depiction of why people might want to hunt for sport. You are penalised for killing more animals than required, while gaining extra points for being more precise in your shots, and running amok through the landscape generally just scares off your targets. I found this to be a very relaxing game where I could turn on some music and wander around some reasonably decent looking worlds until I found the animals I was looking for. Best of all, it's not the kind of game where you need a guide to track collectibles so I was not switching my attention to another screen every couple of minutes like I was with some of these other titles!

Hunting Simulator also had an ultra rare platinum. spacer.png

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Got one more done for the first week (and probably the month of Jan.) with Hue.  It's a puzzle platformer where you swap background colors to make things come into existence and out of existence to solve puzzles.  It's fine, but honestly, when you go back through to collect the collectibles (some of which require finishing the game first) you notice how weird the puzzle difficulty actually is.  I think ultimately it works though, and its a gorgeous minimalistic game.

That brings me to 2 points.  I'll be going through and updating the leaderboard (including adding new folks) after I eat dinner.  Love how well everyone is doing.

EDIT:  All updated.  I also added @G_J270216, @BeesTrophies and @insainraven to the leaderboard.

Edited by graphic_violins8
  • Like 4

Alright time to earn a point :)

Game: Venba 

This was a wonderful little game I saw someone else in this event mention. And as a Canadian it was a bonus it was set in Toronto. Man I wish I could cook like that in real life...

Points earned to date: 1

• Like 4

3rd point in :)

spacer.png

Really enjoyed both Submerged games. The graphics are vastly better in Hidden Depths, but I thought the first game was overall better. The 2nd game gave me more of a repetitive feeling. Could be that playing both games back to back made it seem that way, but had to work during the weekend and on Monday, so there was some time between the 2 games (also explains the 3 days btw, this game doesn't take that long at all :)).

Overall, I would recommend these games to anyone willing to do some collecting, but if you dread it like I do, then look away :P.

• Like 2

I won’t be joining this event but I would just like to say one thing. I did not find farm simulator “cozy” whatsoever. I wasn’t an angry person until I played that game.

Best of luck to everyone participating!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mina said:

I won’t be joining this event but I would just like to say one thing. I did not find farm simulator “cozy” whatsoever. I wasn’t an angry person until I played that game.

Best of luck to everyone participating!

I feel the same way about power wash simulator lol!

• Haha 2

Game: Papetura.

Platform: PS5.

(Total points = 3).

Papetura.

1/10 difficulty.

1.5 hours completion time to 100%.

"Enter the unique hand-crafted paper world in this atmospheric puzzle adventure game."
I often just peruse the new games in PSN store and with knowing nothing about the game if I like the look of the trailer I'll just buy it (or put it in my wishlist till it goes on sale). The main pull that made me think hell yeah I'm buying this, is that they lovingly hand made the sets in this game as it says out of paper, as shown in the trailer you see the guy's hand with tweezers putting the little paper vase on the little paper shelf etc and I admire and respect that artistic level that labour of love / passion project, so had to check it out. Trailer:

It was a very chill, slow gentle paced game, I didn't realise until after I played it quite how easy and very short the game was. No guide needed (unless you feel stuck) as all trophies are simply story related for completing the game. I don't think you can even die in this game, if I did it had no consequence. It was a strange little game, it kinda didn't make any sense, but I'm still glad I played it, even though if I'm honest it wasn't as good as I thought it would be. I feel cruel saying that but there you go!

Edited by esstee11
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Mokkajunior said:

EDIT: OK, going to post it as edit. Missed @esstee11's post, so this is hilarious, we both stumbled upon the same game and enjoyed it. Sometimes you wonder if someone is watching 😂.

Are you kidding me! 😂 We have again played the exact same game near exact same time, also a kinda unknown random indie, out of the gazillions of game options in the world to play.. That is mental and hilarious you are right, we must have the same brain kindred spirits 😂

I know exactly what I am gonna play next and they are big known titles.. Don't telepathically copy me haha 😝 no you can all these games are great lol 😁

Edit: Oh PS welcome @DrBloodmoney 🙂

2nd edit: And Mokk saying not sure if kinda short completion time around an hour should be valid, well Papetura is still a lovingly crafted proper game, I kinda get that it's short because of the time it would take to hand make more paper sets for more levels, so I think it's ok. What I probably wouldnt count is real nasty shovelware like 5 minute garbage plats. But something full of heart like Papetura feels earns cosy legitimacy to me. 😊 of course decisions are down to the event creators!

Edited by esstee11
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, esstee11 said:

Are you kidding me! 😂 We have again played the exact same game near exact same time, also a kinda unknown random indie, out of the gazillions of game options in the world to play.. That is mental and hilarious you are right, we must have the same brain kindred spirits 😂

I know exactly what I am gonna play next and they are big known titles.. Don't telepathically copy me haha 😝

Edit: Oh PS welcome @DrBloodmoney 🙂

2nd edit: And Mokk saying not sure if kinda short completion time around an hour should be valid, well Papetura is still a lovingly crafted proper game, I kinda get that it's short because of the time it would take to hand make more paper sets for more levels, so I think it's ok. What I probably wouldnt count is real nasty shovelware like 5 minute garbage plats. But something full of heart like Papetura feels earns cosy legitimacy to me. 😊 of course decisions are down to the event creators!

I won't be copying you this time @esstee11 :) Unless you are playing Relicta or Scorn next 😂.

Papetura is indeed not a shovelware game, but still I feel games should have at least some time range to be counted as a points game, but yeah than same goes for Venba or other games listed, so just ignore my remark :P. Nonetheless, the game is a work of art and should be played even if not counted :).

So I'm at 5 points total atm 🤣

Also, a big welcome to @DrBloodmoney from my side!

• Like 2

It did take us both one and a half hours to complete though, a lot of ones in OP are only around 2 hour completions I think arnt they, like dear Esther and What Remains of Edith Finch (what I'm playing next 🙂) so not much time difference really

• Like 2

Time For This bird to get some Points.

I Have Completed Unpacking, The First Platinum of the year!

Please check my account for verfication as i can't Take a Picture😅

Edited by insainraven
  • Like 3

@DrBloodmoney  I'll get you added to the leaderboard and I'll get your points updated this Sunday.  Welcome!  Super stoked to have ya here!  Also, I'm glad to see Inked.  I wanted to play it when it came out then I went and forgot about it.  Think I'll be picking it up now.

Everyone is killing it (in the most relaxed way possible, of course) and we're not even half way through January.  Love it.  Also, @esstee11 and @Mokkajunior I'm gonna have to try this Papetura game.  I love stuff like that.  And I agree with you both, it doesn't matter how long it takes for a game to be finished.

• Like 3

I wanted to give a quick shout out to  game series that some folks might not immediately think of when thinking about "cozy" games, but I really think imbue some of the "cosiest" feelings, (but I won't get a chance to talk about otherwise, as I finished the last one on the 31st of December, like 7 hours too early 😂)

...the Voice of Cards series.

header_586x192.jpg?t=1679587201

I'm not sure how they land on the technical side of the rules for this event, as they are technically RPGs, and therefore, a huge amount of time is spent in "battles" in those games...

...but there is something incredibly cosy about them, just because of the way they are presented.

you have a "Dungeon Master" who introduces themselves, and welcomes you, and who talks you through the whole story, narrating it, and with you playing on what looks like a "physical" table, with "physical" dice and "physical" cards - they feel like you are settling down in the firelight, to enjoy a little D&D style game than someone has crafted for you, and is talking you through in a soothing voice...

...feels about as cosy as gaming can get to me!

• Like 3