Where’s does GTAVC rank

Shmeefly

I gotta say, this is probably the worst of all the GTA games, I’m not enjoying it as much as I enjoyed playing 3 or SA.

My order goes

5,4,SA,3,VC

Also, after 6, which I’m quite eager for, I hope they go for GTA and GTA2 remakes, but proper ones, to play these iconic gaming titles again in the modern cities they can create now would be great, at the very least, I’d take having GTA and GTA2 platinums in some form, if Rockstar wanted to go OG with them, it would be so cool if while playing GTA6 you could go into an arcade in the city, and interact with an arcade machine that played the first 2 GTAs, which had their own saves and trophy lists, obviously with plats as trophy sets with no plat are stupid, or have a machine at your mansion or whatever, but as cool as that sounds, fully made remakes would be better.

Vice city is honestly either my favorite, or tied with San Andreas, and it's mainly the vibes.  Like the first area you start in, with that stretch of neon at night listening to music...  Just so good.  I like just going around and soaking it all in, but can definitely see why people would rather have a bigger, more fleshed out game (think vice city was originally a dlc).  Just my personal preference. 

Haven't given GTA V a fair try yet, played an hour or two years ago iirc.  Meant to get it when the ps5 version was really cheap, but forgot and now whenever it's on sale so is another game I want. 

Haven't tried the remaster yet either, though I haven't heard great things 

• Like 3

Vice city is my least favorite gta. I’m not a fan of most of the characters, the missions can be pretty infuriating and the map just doesn’t do it for me. I much prefer vice city stories over vice city. I thought they handled the business empire better in that game and made it more fun. Both games do have stellar soundtracks though can’t fault them for that. 

• Like 1

Vice city is better then 3 in every way I can think, and it was a huge improvement over 3 at the time. 

-The map is bigger then gta 3

-The graphics are improved

-The music is better

-It has more weapons

-It has motorcycles

-Famous voice actors

-Ability to own properties

Edited by Mr_Fluffy_Pants_
  • Like 3

Vice City is a great game, I don't think it tops the franchise, but it's a classic. It depends on if you like that kind of setting and story.

My order: 

1 - San Andreas

2 - Liberty City Stories

3 - V

4 - Vice City

5 - III

6 - Vice City Stories

I haven't played IV or the old ones.

• 3 weeks later...

GTA 3 is definitely the worst for me with the lousy controls, terrible soundtrack and lack of an in-game map to name but a few but I still think it is a good game regardless.

My order:

1. San Andreas

2. GTA 5

3. GTA Vice City

4. GTA 4

5. GTA Liberty City Stories

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA 3

First!  No really, VC is my favorite by a mile.  I'm not saying it's the best, or biggest, or longest.... wait, what was I talking about... anyway, VC is my favorite, and always has been.  It's never going to be ranked as a better game than SA or V, and the upcoming VI will probably eclipse it in it's own setting, but there's something about VC that makes it more special for me than any of the others.  Maybe its the setting, the music, the story, the voice talent, or all of the above, I'm not really sure.  But I have always loved it, and I loved replaying it recently.  I'd love for it to get a proper remaster, and I'd play it yet again.  I must have played through it from start to finish at least a half dozen times on PS2.  I started this series with GTA 2, and have played almost every iteration since.  VC is and probably always will be my favorite.  For some reason I hated 4.  I don't know why.  I really, really wanted to love it.  I got the 1000G on 360 before I switched back to gaming entirely on PS consoles, but I just never enjoyed it as much as every other game in the series.  And for a long time I didn't think anything could displace SA as 2nd on that list, but V did.  Not at first, I had to platinum it twice (and SA twice) before I finally moved V up on my list.  Both great games.

So my order:

1. VC

2. V

3. SA

4. 2

5. 3

6. VC Stories

7. LC Stories

8. 4

(As much as I wanted to enjoy both 'stories' games, especially VC, they just didn't have the same feel as the original games they were based on, so they fell way down on my list, but maybe I just need to replay them, cause its been a very long time, and I still have the PS2 ports)

On 12/11/2023 at 7:05 PM, Shmeefly said:

I gotta say, this is probably the worst of all the GTA games, I’m not enjoying it as much as I enjoyed playing 3 or SA.

My order goes

5,4,SA,3,VC

Also, after 6, which I’m quite eager for, I hope they go for GTA and GTA2 remakes, but proper ones, to play these iconic gaming titles again in the modern cities they can create now would be great, at the very least, I’d take having GTA and GTA2 platinums in some form, if Rockstar wanted to go OG with them, it would be so cool if while playing GTA6 you could go into an arcade in the city, and interact with an arcade machine that played the first 2 GTAs, which had their own saves and trophy lists, obviously with plats as trophy sets with no plat are stupid, or have a machine at your mansion or whatever, but as cool as that sounds, fully made remakes would be better.

I could be wrong, since its been 20 years since I played it, but I vividly remember areas of 2 that looked identical in 3 (only in 3D, of course).  Not saying its the same place or map, just that I think when going from 2D to 3D, R* must have used some of the same designs.  For instance, in 3 there's a university across the street from one of the hospitals on the 2nd island, and I remember this same location in 2.  But I do agree that getting a proper remake of 2 would be exciting.  I never played 1, so I can't comment on that.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Vice City is great and was my very first GTA but my top favorite remains VCS. Id say

V/Online 

VCS

VC

SA

LCS

III

IV

They all have awesome radio stations, the only ones i never really enjoyed or have few tracks i like are the ones from LCS and IV.

Vice City (the original, not the "Definitive") is my favorite GTA game ever. My list goes like this:

1. GTA:VC

2. GTAIV

3. GTAV

4. GTA:SA

5. GTA:VCS

6. GTA:EfLS

7. GTA:LCS

8. GTAIII

9. GTA2

10. GTA:L1969

11. GTA

Like I said in one other comment, VC is the most appealing to me because of the setting (1986 WAS the height of western civilization), music, story & characters. The whole game is oozing mid-late 1980s. All characters are colorful & very over-the-top. Some characters are even parodies of real world characters (Donald Love=Donald Trump, for example). Tommy Vercetti is in my top spot as the best GTA protagonist (Niko Belić is close second). Tommy is charismatic, smart, loyal, hard-driven & sarcastic. If he's pushed too far, he'll unleash his inner psycho. You can't help but love the damned guy. The story is taken straight outta Scarface (1983) & there are a quite a few references scattered through out the game regarding the movie.

The only thing I don't like about the game is even tho the game is set in Florida & there's a lot of water, our Tommy-Boy CAN'T swim. What was R* thinking? I know Tommy grew up in LS where the ocean is polluted, but c'mon R*, really?

When I played VC for the 1st time in October 2002 (I was 12) & at the beginning I entered that white Admiral & Billie Jean started blasting on the radio, right there & then I knew I was in for a hella ride. & I was.

EDIT: Typos.

Edited by kenseizenkai