Computer parts dvice for a Newbie

ParanoidTelex

Hi! guys, , I really need some advice (this is probably the wrong place for this)

Long story short, I am building my first PC, Fully intended for drawing/painting, modeling/sculpting, 3D/2D animation and finally Rendering 

So i will need a computer that is very capable, and i am willing to dig deep for it, but not very deep (yh i know )

I have looked around and have chosen a CPU, Intel Core i7 4930K Extreme, I am absolutely sure about it.

now what would you guys recommend for a mother board, Ram, grapihcs card etc etc for this particular processor 

the processor sets me back by about £400, so am looking to spend about another 600-700 at best, I hope i can get some idea of what i need 

Also I have bought a MacBook Pro with

2.4 GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor with Turbo Boost up to 3.4GHz
256 GB Flash Storage, 8 GB 1600MHz DDR3L RAM
15.4 inch LED-backlit Retina display, 2880-by-1800 resolution
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB GDDR5 .....is this any good for light "on the go" 3D modeling, animation but mainly PS/Painter drawing? 

I hope you guys will get back this, and am really excited about learning computer specs and art techniques on this forum, thank you smile.gif 

PS: excuse my pathetic use of the English language, its not my mothers tongue, I plan on improving it

May I suggest you send a PM to ant1th3s1s? I believe he is pretty knowledgeable on the subject, especially with what you want to do with your PC and I'm sure he would have some very valuable advice. 

Unfortunately I'm about as helpful as a potato when it comes to this stuff, sorry. 

Parker

Motherboard - GIGABYTE GA-H81M-DS2V 

RAM - 8GB Corsair

GPU - GTX 750ti (whatever you choose don't go with ATI cards since it doesn't have cuda for rendering/modelling)

PSU - CX600W Corsair 

Assuming you already have a case and the other peripherals  all the above plus cpu would cost £650-700 depending where you buy it from.

• Like 1

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?groupid=43&catid=2473

I find this page to be very good for all this, they kind of give you an idea of what you want it for, you don't need to go through it with them but it'll give you an idea on the exact parts you require.  You can also just get them to build you a PC (which will be able to be fully customizable by you).  I say what you need it for about £500-700ish is a good budget to have.. maybe even less.  Depends where you get all the parts from.

Also, your Macbook Pro has pretty good specs for what you want to do.

• Like 1