Any way to save this playthrough?

I3ioman

Hey all,

I've been following the guide but I must've messed up somewhere. I'm at the end of step 4, where I shoulkd technically have pure white character tendency, but I didn't - I killed the remaining 2 red phantom NPCs and my character tendency definitely went up as the icon has changed, but it hasn't reached pure white yet. IDK where I messed up, i might've used a blue sign to help someone in the world where I appeared as the Old Monk, but I'm pretty sure I rolled back that save...

Anyway, now I'm in a situation where I'm approx 80% towards pure white, have killed every boss up until that stage of the game, have all the NPCs alive, and next step of the guide wants me to go pure black. Is there a way for me to get my PWCT without starting a NG+?

Do you have a gold coin and sunlight sword? If you can get the luck exploit to work, a single run of an area would only take a few minutes. Did you also make sure to check places like 1-1 for Executioner Miranda's red phantom? She will spawn in her normal form but it won't count towards PWCT and it has to be her red phantom.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio

36 minutes ago, I3ioman said:

Is there a way for me to get my PWCT without starting a NG+?

• Defeat invading Black Phantoms online
    • In 3-3 Defeat another player invading as the Old Monk - counts as Black Phantom kill. Offline mode doesn't count.
    • As a Host: Defeat invading Black Phantoms in any world where the Boss is still alive.
    • As a Blue Phantom in another world: Strike the fatal blow against a Black Phantom - in addition, the host Character Tendency will also go towards White.

Defeating any of these will shift the Character Tendency 20% from Neutral towards White. Defeating all five will move the Character Tendency from Neutral to Pure White (it takes two playthroughs, or 10 kills, to go from pure black to pure white offline). Killing these will also move the World Tendency +3 towards white.

If the killing blow towards a named NPC black phantom is dealt by means of Soulsucker or any source of poison/plague damage, there will be no change in Character Tendency. If a Black Phantom falls to their death it will also prevent any change to character tendency.

Source: http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/character-tendency

1 hour ago, I3ioman said:

Hey all,

I've been following the guide but I must've messed up somewhere. I'm at the end of step 4, where I shoulkd technically have pure white character tendency, but I didn't - I killed the remaining 2 red phantom NPCs and my character tendency definitely went up as the icon has changed, but it hasn't reached pure white yet. IDK where I messed up, i might've used a blue sign to help someone in the world where I appeared as the Old Monk, but I'm pretty sure I rolled back that save...

Anyway, now I'm in a situation where I'm approx 80% towards pure white, have killed every boss up until that stage of the game, have all the NPCs alive, and next step of the guide wants me to go pure black. Is there a way for me to get my PWCT without starting a NG+?

You can always look for online players. Let them invade you, and kill them and you shift to pure white eventually.

You can do this infinitely. If you find a boosting partner you can shift all worlds and your own tendency to pure white later, even if you are pure black in everything. 

The more black you are, the more kills you have to do, but it’s never impossible.

Posted (edited)

Seeing as I'm really close and technically haven't beaten the boss in 1-4, it might be doable if I get myself invaded. Thanks guys, I created a session and will hopefully find someone willing to help me out with this one.

@Edit 

Yeah I must've killed the phantom in 2-2 by knocking him off the platform, which hasn't affected character tendency. Just killed a phantom online and went right to PWCT. Thanks guys!

Edited by I3ioman

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2024 at 12:58 PM, xIRockyRock said:

You can always look for online players. Let them invade you, and kill them and you shift to pure white eventually.

You can do this infinitely. If you find a boosting partner you can shift all worlds and your own tendency to pure white later, even if you are pure black in everything. 

The more black you are, the more kills you have to do, but it’s never impossible.

So like am I still be able to be invaded if I set up a PW for a friend to invade me? I have kill almost al the bosses with the exception of False King Allant in Boletaria.

9 hours ago, wackt1 said:

So like am I still be able to be invaded if I set up a PW for a friend to invade me? I have kill almost al the bosses with the exception of False King Allant in Boletaria.

You can fully change your tendencies from white to black or from black to white after you finished the game if you boost with a friend. But there are some level restrictions so your friend and you have to be in the same level range for being invaded. You can find more info about the level range on google.

Just don’t enter NG+ yet.

17 hours ago, xIRockyRock said:

You can fully change your tendencies from white to black or from black to white after you finished the game if you boost with a friend. But there are some level restrictions so your friend and you have to be in the same level range for being invaded. You can find more info about the level range on google.

Just don’t enter NG+ yet.

Can't we just use passwords?

18 hours ago, wackt1 said:

Can't we just use passwords?

18 hours ago, Helyx said:

I'm pretty sure using a PW removes level requirements. 

I tried with my partner but it didn’t work… I grinded into level range and it suddenly worked… either just bad luck or it doesn’t work with password… can’t 100% confirm on this one.