Official 2014 National Basketball Association Playoffs Discussion Thread

DanielVT

playoffs.jpgnba-debate-heat-three.jpg

As titled, this is the official NBA playoffs discussion thread. Everyone in the whole world knows that King James and his crew are vying for a historic three-peat. Can anyone dethrone the back-back-defending champs? Will the Spurs get the rematch they so desperately want? Will the Nets' "win this year" plan succeed? Only time will tell. As always, keep it friendly! :)

Edited by DanielVT

definitely worthy of 3 threads...  :ninja:

Three different threads three completely different sports, one completely separate regular season, two completely separate playoffs. I did this every year if you'll remember. ;)

The officiating is a disgrace to the sport. It's completely rigged.

I agree the NBA seems to be rigged and I've been saying that for years. The refs decide games. Still this week was an awesome one for the sport. Epic upsets and finishes.

• Like 1

The officiating is a disgrace to the sport. It's completely rigged.

That's what I've been thinking for a while.. 5/8 series have Game 7s.....

As per logic.. more games = more money = more ratings (because of suspense)

On topic, I support the Clippers, not because of the Donald Sterling sh*t that happened, because I'm mostly entertained when I watch their games.. LOB CITY BABY.

Brooklyn vs Miami... Brooklyn defeated the Heat 4 times in the regular season... regular season stats aside, can Brooklyn win against the Heat 4 times again.. this time this playoffs. Really watching that series...... 

As a Celtics fan, I'd love to see KG and "The Truth" (Pierce) advance, but the Heat seem unstoppable in the playoffs.

I'm quite surprised at some teams who gave a damn good fight. But let's face it, those who manage to upset don't get past the next round, lol. It's called winning by luck.

If the Pacers are not up to the task of upsetting the Heat, not even the avenging Spurs can stop them. As much as I want to see Thunder vs. Heat again, they can only match with age and speed. But basketball wise, give it to the Heat. The Spurs have that (minus the age), but I'd prefer a younger, better and wiser KDurant than an aging Duncan any day against the Heat.

Don't hate me. But I'm all for Miami Heat 3-peat. No I'm not a bandwagon fan or something. I'm a fan of Lebron since the Cavalier days. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do: And (to quote John Cena) "Rise above hate" . B)

Thunder vs. Spurs in the Western Conference Finals and Heat vs Pacers in the Eastern Conference Finals. 3 out of the 4 teams were present at last year's conference finals (the Thunder lost against the Grizzlies last year in the Western Semis)...

Man..... I'll keep an eye more in the Western Conference Finals though, because that was also the Western Conference Finals in 2012 and the Thunder won 4-2. But the way the Spurs have been playing (despite Tony Parker's not-that-serious injury) in the past few games, they can defeat the Thunder this time.

As for the East, that will really be a close one like last year... but the homecourt advantage this year goes to the Pacers, who had ups and downs with Roy Hibbert in their first few games in the playoffs but I'm seeing the Hibbert I know in the past few games against the Wizars=ds..

Really looking forward to these two series.. all of the 4 teams are deserving to get into the big stage but there can only be two, one from the east and one from the west, to be able to get there.

Edited by bigbirdisHOT

• 4 weeks later...

Kawhi Leonard has been fantastic these past two games. Don't think the Heat will win three straight against the Spurs, so I'm going to confidently say the Spurs have this one in the bag.

Also, I do think the Heat need to spare some minutes for James Jones. While it was garbage time, he went 4/4 (including 3/3 from beyond the arc) in less than five minutes; that's fairly efficient and could help add to some much needed offense. 

Just my thoughts on the series and tonight's game.