One Piece(Anime/Manga) discussion, announcements, and Fan Page thread

DarknessKey92

Chapter 785 was everything I wanted & More:

1. Burgess appearing, and seaming like he wants to take out Luffy.

2. The sight of Dressrosa losing faith in surviving(due to the cage getting closer).

3. I also see them building the once Luffy beats Flamingo gets carried by the Citizens angle(I really hope it happens) by having Riku announce the reality of the situation, and embed faith to survive as Luffy frees them(I also loved how he mentioned the Birdcage as a reflection of their lives ruled by Flamingo).

4. I liked how Franky sees Zoro running towards the strings, and tells him he was running the wrong way(adding a bit of humor, due to Zoro's signature terrible sense of direction).

5. Luffy realizing the significance of the Side effects to finish of Mingo fast, which I am fucken hoping the "Leo Bazooka" will be enough(since Bazooka has been Luffy's finishing blow for various fights, and it launched him through the buildings into the Pica modified Flower Field)...I really hope he's done for(I want him Blank eyed so bad), and that's what this chapter leaves me with.

6. I saved this for last, since IMO it's the most important thing in the Chapter:

Flamingo talked about how his Devil fruit powers along with all of them, are able to undergo as he puts it "Awakening"; which it can not only further affect his body but the objects around him(examples being Strings coming from the ground, to the buildings becoming strings controlled by him).

So here are my 2 things to expect from the future progression of the Series:

1. Luffy and the other Devil Fruit users(Robin, Chopper, Brock) will in future arcs undergo a sense of Devil Fruit Power "Awakening", as for what they can be:

My only current guess is for Robin, which I believe might be complete body clone giant...or maybe she's already in "Awakening", due to how her powers affect objects?

2.After Luffy is exhausted by finishing off Mingo, Burgess will appear to take advantage; but Sabo steps in to defend Luffy stating how he'll need to go through him first...once Burgess accepts the challenge wanting to finishing the Corrida Colosseum fight, Fujitora steps in (backing Sabo up) saying how he won't let Burgess cause havoc to the Civilians(While standing right next to Sabo).

This will cause Burgess to retreat/back down, due to impossible odds of beating them.

This was a nice chapter(785) for me, so what are your thoughts?

Edited by DarknessKey92
  • Like 1

SUUUUUUKEEEEEEEE!!!!!! Zoro as always is so badass!!!! While everyone was running from it he was the one that thought of making slower the progression of string cage. The speech for the devil fruits got me excited as well but i'm more hyped about the fight. I've read some really good theories about Doflamingo and most of them support that Doflamingo still has something up his sleeve, like a demonic power. Just like his brother said only the executives know his real power and he also said something about 'he was born like this'. This makes me believe that he posses some evil aura just like Zoro posses Asura, so imagine Doflamingo in the next chapter releasing it. Oh God Usopp, there are so much possibilities! 

Also Law said that Luffy is using too much of his haki and luffy stated that there is no more time to waste so after gear 4 disables i don't think he will be able to use 100% of the other gears as well.

That damn Burgess! I won't be surprise if at the end Blackbeard makes his appearance as well. But just as you said i'm sure if anything happens at the end of the fight Sabo will protect Luffy

I was wondering why the chapter(786) was titled "Gatz", but as I had feared -_- Mingo has survived the Gear 4th Leo Bazooka; and despite knowing the angle...I honestly was like "FUCK!! he survived!!?".

I really wanted it to be the end there, but we're going the angle I mentioned in my earlier post(Stall to re-use the Gear 4th & finish the job).

Anyway it seams Gear 4th's side-effects were "extreme exhaustion", but with an added 10 min cool-down period to "Haki" usage.

But it seams Gatz' influence will help Luffy have time to create that opportunity, by convincing the Gladiators & Imprisoned Toys who were blinded by the Berries after; to stall @ the cost of their own lives for Freedom. 

To be honest what I find odd is how the Gladiators & people who turned on God-Ussop(for the Bellies) are gonna be able to stall for 10 min, since Mingo's powers are built to eliminate waves of enemies in seconds(from his ability @ puppeteering others to just using his incredibly long strings that've cut through pillars of iron).

His Pirate Warriors 3 gameplay is a good example of what he can easily do to them.

But I think that Fujitora or Cavendish might try to stall for the time after hope seams lost(again). Although it feels odd to see an "Admiral" stall for time(when he is more then capable of beating Mingo, especially a nearly beat one)...unless he just toys with Mingo then gives some "This isn't my fight to finish" line, which is why a Cavendish/w the rest of the warriors(who help beat the Family) will try to stall as much as possible.

Jesus!! Mingo seaming more of a tank then Burgess himself, seriously there's just no fucken putting this guy down!!.

Speaking of Jesus! as I had thought, Burgess did decide to take advantage he instant Luffy became vulnerable; but obviously Sabo wouldn't let him do such a thing.

So now it's set as Sabo Vs. Burgess, Mingo massacring half the Gladiators, and Luffy on Gatz' back briefly fleeing the scene...but yeah! based on how things are going...Zoro just might end up cutting the Birdcage after all, and to have the Dressrosa nation/w a close up of King Riku's face praising Zoro for his Slash again(this is just my prediction..lol).

Edited by DarknessKey92
  • Like 1

This 787 Chapter really set the stage for the Grand Finally.

1. Mostly "Bird Cage":

A ) You have Zoro use his Haki to embed the Armament on his Swords to try to Push the Cage to restrain its movement.

B ) On Fanky's side by the Smile factory that's made out of Sea Prism Stone, he has the Tontatta's Dwarves trying to put their ridiculous strength to the test; by pushing the Strings as much as possible using the Factory.

2. Sabo states to Burgess that he's got Luffy's back as he rapes him(wish he'd stop letting people hit him, to show off his Logia powers though..lol), and let's everyone know they're brothers along with Ace...while Luffy explains to Gatz the whole Lucy switch.

3. Flamingo just as I thought went Pirate Warriors 3 on the Warriors, and is now intelligently making Luffy have to reveal himself by increasing the speed of the Cage's strings. 

4. Princess Mansherry healed all the guys who helped take out the Executives, which now they're once again lending their assistance eliminating Mingo's Small Fries to let the people reach the safe zone.

5. This is my favorite part for an ending, since Mingo has now decided to increase the Speed of the Cage...Time limit before everyone gets killed by it, now is 3 min; while Luffy still needs 4 min to recover.

So I really like that ending because it makes you wonder how things will go, and it opens up 3 possibilities:

1. Zoro & Franky manage to Break the Cage.

2. Zoro & Franky @ least stall enough for a few extra Minutes, to let Luffy swiftly finish Mingo off.

3. I feel like Gatz is gonna run across Princess Mansherry and she'll heal Luffy, to automatically reset his cool-down period; then he swiftly beats Mingo(with Gear 4th) while having enough time to do a brief speech about Mingo's cruel tyranny in Dressrosa coming to an end now.

• Like 1

The end is near! I thought that Doflamingo was gonna show us a hidden transformation but who knows? We still have some chapters until the end. So Burgess is a devil fruit hunter? Due to some theories i've read i thought that

Blackbeard can have up to 3 devil fruits only but due to this statement something more crazy is hiding behind Blackbeard's ability. I think most of the members of his crew already have a devil fruit, they just haven't shown their abilities yet. Another mystery to get revealed in One Piece ^_^

Now that Dressrosa arc is getting to an end i can't stop of thinking some other major future battles like:

big mama vs sanji and the rest of the crew on sunny

what's the rest of the worst generation doing

kaido vs luffy

shanks vs blackbeard

blackbeard vs luffy

I think that shanks will first face blackbeard(that scene on the marineford battle where all members of shanks and blackbeard where shown together makes this more convincing)Shanks will loose and then luffy will face blackbeard revealing gear 5 as well . . . if this happens my heart will explode ^__^

• 1 month later...

WOW!! this week's chapter 793 was fucken crazy!

It was the chapter that shows the aftermath of Doflamingo's defeat & the news going public.

I don't really know where to start with this chapter, but OMG it has a lot of content:

1. The people of Dressrosa who have lost their homes along with The Strawhats/w Colosseum soldiers will stay @ the palace for now to recover from the battle. 

2. @ Mariejois we see a infuriated Akainu questioning the Gorosei's protection of Doflamingo, without realizing what has happened @ Dressrosa yet; while they mention how it's not a Navy matter...but instead an entrusted Cipher Pol matter to protect the World Government's public image.

3. The Gorosei retaliate Akainu by asking him how the situation is about Aokiji working with Blackbeard, saying how it brings shame & the possibility of Blackbeard's forces growing stronger having a man like Aokiji working with them.

4. Once that conversation ends, we see a Marine rush in & explain how the Dressrosa incident has become public news...emphasizing how the Luffy & Law alliance took down Doflamingo.

5. As expected the incident has all of Flamingo's buyers infuriated, with a couple possibly wishing to target Luffy & Law for what has happened(due to them being infuriated that their payed supplies aren't and will be discontinued)...some even seam like they'll be going to Dressrosa to pick up any left remains. 

So this is how certain characters are taking the news & are doing:

1. Vice admiral Tsuru just says how the "Donquixote Pirates" were the pirates they were chasing so much during Flamingo's non-Warlord time, possibly in her way expressing joy of Flamingo finally being brought into custody.
  2. Jewelry Bonney seams happy & proud of them over the news.
  3. Urouge on another possible Sky island is just recovering his wounds.
  4. Capone Bege on his Ship @ sea comments about how having Caesar will or could cause trouble for Luffy & Law in the future fast.
  5. X Drake looks @ the news paper and seams emotionally unchanged over the news saying "This is an old story, I can't be bitter about it", despite knowing how Doflamingo killed his dad(Diez Barrels) during Law's Devil Fruit incident that lead to Rosinante's death.
  6. Kaido as expected shows great frustration over the news, and with a possible teaser image of his body type?

one-piece-5787769.jpg

7. Smoker & Tashigi are pleased to know that Fujitora allowed the news to go public, since Fujitora's flashback shows how frustrated smoker was about the government covering up the Strawhats liberating Alabasta from Crocodile.
  8. Eustass KidBasil Hawkins, and Eustass Kid assume Luffy & Law are purposely targeting Yonkos just like them...and are pleased to hear that Kaido's forces are taking a big hit from this.
  9. Killer announces the Yonko(this honestly shocked me) who their tri-alliance is going to target...and it's fucken Shanks!!

What can be more shocking then that U might say? welp the last fucken pages of the chapter show Akainu's frustration over Fujitora allowing the news to go public(instead of reporting it to HQ first, so it can be covered up as Fujitora being the country's hero), where the raging exchange of words between Fujitora & Akainu lead to this line that literally made me WTF!!!?

Akainu: So you're willing to shame us all, over something like this!!!?

Fujitora: If you were to be troubled over something trivial as losing face, then it's better to not have it at all!!! In the end it's the same thing, even if we were to admit our mistakes and have the trust placed on us lost all at once!!!

Akainu: Then finish up and I'll deal with you myself, Fujitora!!! Straw hat Luffy and Law, bring their heads back!!! I'll wait for you!!

Fujitora: Just what I wanted to hear.

This ending leaves you completely hyped for the next chapter, simply for that exchange alone; and it leaves us completely questioning what is about to happen including Fujitora's character a bit.

I am wondering if he's responding to Akainu expecting him back, or if he is really going to follow through with Akainu's mission; since if we remember...the real reason Fujitora is in Dressrosa was because Akainu had sent him to deal with Luffy & Law(not Doflamingo). From previous times we have seen the Marine officers that the Strawhat pirates have befriended do the whole "oh I'm gonna pretend I have a duty as a Marine to capture U pirates, but it seams I'm unable to capture you" or @ least pretend to try lto chase them a bit.

That page @ least has me wondering what Fujitora is going to do, now that this much pressure is placed on him; and if he does try to fulfill his duty...I guess Sabo will have to finish his match?

Anyway: 1 things for sure, I'm very intrigued to read the next chapter. 

Edited by DarknessKey92
  • Like 1

It seams that chapter 794 released a day early, and there will not be a chapter 795 next week.

Anyway this week's chapter didn't go the way I thought it would, but in summary it's mainly about Sabo:

Instead of the palace Luffy, Law, Zoro, Usopp, Franky, Robin, Kyros, and Bellamy are found resting @ Kyros' house located in the flower field.

Sabo has come to say his early farewell to them(since he says CP0 is going to return soon for the Revolutionary Army...IDK why but yeah), despite Luffy still recovering/sleeping(from his Gear 4th effects?).

Zoro, Franky, and Robin(being the only 3 awake in the room) talk about how shocked(except Robin) they are to know Luffy had another brother aside from Ace, and Sabo replies about how he let Luffy believe he had died all these years while reflecting on their childhood together.

-This leads to a flashback

Sabo talks about how after his ship was shoot down by the Celestial Dragons he was rescued by Dragon, and had suffered severe head injury that had not only scared his face but also gave him memory loss(of being with Luffy, Ace, and his parents...even his own name).

Sabo was able to retain his name all these years, due to Dragon also taking Sabo's belongings(that had his name written on them) with him too. 

We learn that Dragon was actually going to return Sabo to his parents after he woke from injury, but Sabo despite his memory loss had retained his strong urge to not be with his parents(who he disliked being with); so Sabo had actually spent all those years suffering from his memory loss, and what had actually made Sabo trigger(remember/recover) his lost memories as a child before his accident...was actually seeing Ace's face on the News paper talking about his death.

The same trauma that hit Luffy actually hit Sabo harder causing him to get a coma along with a fever that lasted 3 days, but once he woke had completely recovered all his lost memories.

Once it passed Koala & Hack ask Sabo if his memories coming back means he'll leave the Revolutionary Army, and Sabo tells them "No, of course not!"(but wishes to talk with Dragon over it).

We skip to 2 years later(@ the Colosseum where he meets Luffy) were Sabo asks the Revolutionary Army for a favor to be able to win Ace's fruit...which leads us to the Luffy & Sabo reunion we all saw already.

Apart from what we already saw, the only new things is how Luffy had tried to pretend he was Lucy @ first and dropped the act once Sabo took off his hat and talked to Luffy about how they stole Dadan's Sake; which lead to Luffy overjoying in tears seeing him again.

Sabo told Luffy that he is glad to see him alive after all these years, while Luffy tells him how he saw Ace die in front of him...where Sabo replies that what matters now is that he survived, since he would have almost lost both his brothers and not been able to do anything about it(due to his memory loss @ the time).

Once that's done Sabo asks Luffy if he could have Ace's Mera Mera Fruit, and Luffy says it's okay if he takes it.

-This ends the Flashback

Sabo gives Zoro a Vivre Card and takes 1 corner off it(to keep), and says his farewell to them; then we see Hack talking to Sabo(through Den Den Mushi) over his return to the ship, where Sabo says he's on his way and puts down the Mushi for a sec as soon as Hack asks about Luffy(resulting in a comedic reaction from hack).

The last page has Sabo riding back to his Ship on a oversized crow's back along with the flock of crows.

To me this chapter I guess tried to mostly fill the question we had about "Why didn't Sabo try to stop Ace's death?", and it makes me want to see what Fujitora will do more; since Sabo(The 1 guy who took care of Luffy's big issues like Fujitora & Burgess) is about to leave. 

Honestly it kinda sucks he can't say bye to Luffy directly, but oh well I guess.

Feel free to give your thoughts as we wait for the break to pass...lol

I'm waiting to be Translates into Spanish (maybe tomorrow is ready in the fansub I read), perhaps leave an impression . Although I am not good at making reviews and that sort of thing xD

794:

Good point: Sabo flashback.

Bad point; another week without Manga.

Edited by AlexisAguirrez

• 2 weeks later...

Holy fucken shit!! this chapter is a must read:

Honestly this chapter 795 was a little bit of a troll, because it was hyping up some random person who jumped off of Sorajima crashing into the island that Kid, Basil, and Apoo's crews are @ right now...having me literally say "Ok why the fuck should i care about this guy, and why are we hyping him up here?"

Anyway here's some things that we learn from this chapter

1. The other half of the Strawhats escaped the Big Mom pirates(still not sure how, but meh), and are being chased by these other pirates now.

2. Fujitora decides to not fight Luffy & Law(for now) despite what he said to Akainu.

Okay this chapter can have total shit, and it could actually be titled a great chapter FOR 1 FUCKEN PAGE ALONE!!!

I recommend U go read the chapter yourself to feel the shock, and then come back to see the spoiler I'm gonna leave here:

Let me tell U about that 1 guy I said @ first I didn't give a fuck for:

He has been captured by the Marines & his enemies a combined total of 18 times.

Endured over 10,000 tortures of many types.

Survived 40 death sentences (where in various occasions: Ropes snap off his neck as he was hung, Guillotine blades break to pieces when they fall on him, Spears breaking as they attempt to penetrate his body).

Has only been legitimately defeated 7 times in his life(1 of those loses being to Whitebeard).

Now this man has decided to jump off of Sorajima into a Island below.

AND HAS YET AGAIN SURVIVED IT!

WOW! after reading all that it makes u think this guy is both "indestructible" & a fucken "Beast" doesn't it?...welp

one-piece-5842897.jpg

Edited by DarknessKey92

• 4 weeks later...

So Chapter 798 doesn't release(translated) till maybe tomorrow, but I heard today a rumor that seams highly possible; that clears up the reason Sengoku would be @ Dressrosa.

I don't know why I never thought about it immediately, but rumor is that Sengoku will talk with Law about Marine Commander Rosinante(Corazon)...since it was Sengoku who found him as a child after Flamingo killed/shoot their dad in cold blood.

So Sengoku will close the chapter on Law's wish to avenge Corazon, and start a new with Luffy.

• 4 weeks later...

OMG this chapter 801 is personally the chapter I have been waiting all year 4!!

1. It seams CP0(as many expected) has returned to confiscate Flamingo's underground broker goods...but everything has been taken by the Revolutionary Army.

To add to this, we get to see 3 familiar faces: Spandam, Rob Lucci, and his pigeon Hatorri...and it seams that unlike last time Rob Lucci is now Spandam's superior in rank/position.

2. Dressrosa is celebrating it's freedom, and it seams the Dwarves along with a few of the people of Dressrosa have decided to build in the center of the country 3 huge statues of Kyros, Usopp, and Luffy first before rebuilding the actual country's damaged structures to show their admiration to the people who freed them.

3. At Sea on their way to Impeal Down we see 4 Navy Ships, in which 1 of them Fujitora & Sengoku are casually eating; then Fujitora tells Sengoku he will be going after Luffy & Law after they're done escorting Doflamingo....where Sengoku just replies saying he should just apologize to Akainu over their argument, and Fujitora says he has his pride to uphold over what he said.

4. On that same ship we see Otsuro directly keeping watch of a detained Flamingo, and hearing what he has to say over the aftermath of his defeat. 

He says that all could have been prevented if only Fujitora had decided to work with him, and that the possibility of a great war happening is assured 4 the absolute control of the seas or as he put it "Throne"(that he even said Roger left available, and Whitebeard choose to decline).

He says that now that his influence as a underground broker is done, the war to take control of the seas will start where the candidates range from: Yonko, Shichibukai, Supernova, Navy, and Revolutionary Army.

He also wonders when the legendary family of "D" will show up while ultimately saying that the Celestial Dragons @ Mariejois should be prepared 4 all this soon to happen great change.

Soon after that we see a ship stalking the 4 Navy ships who appears to have loyalty to Kaido with a captain named Jack who has no intention to back down.

5. We see Bartolomeo's ship who's design is hugely influenced by Luffy, and on board we have The Strawhats/ Law & Bartolomeo relaxing as they head 4 Zou...where apparently Luffy moments before boarding the ship shared his Vivre card made by Sabo with all the captains of his newly established Fleet Army.

6. Finally the new Bounties are up, and everyone got a boost with new portraits added to the posters:

1. Brock having his concert poster added

2. Nami in the same pose as the last 1

3. Franky's having the shogun's picture instead

4. Usopp having the look he had when he was being lifted by the Giant

5. Nico Robin as an adult

6. Zoro when he gets serious adding his bandanna

7. Luffy with a friendly expression

8. Chopper admiring cotton candy

9. Sanji's expression when he sees women...with an exceptional "Only Alive" added to it

Ok Now here's the most important part...the actual bounties:

1. Luffy 500 mill(Honestly I expected it to be more then this or @ least 550 mil @ the very least to commemorate Ace)

2. Law 500 mill

3. Zoro 320mill(I really like this increase, it enforces Zoro's roll as the 1st mate)

4. Usopp 200 mill(we all chuckled @ this possibility, but it honestly also opens up a window for Usopp to become a greater/stronger character in the future just like his dad)

5. Sanji 177 mill

6. Robin 130 mill

7. Franky 94 mill

8. Brock 83 mill

9. Nami 66 mill

10. Chopper 100 berries(clearly this 1's 4 comedy, which I'm ok with me)

So the Strawhat Crew(not counting Law) is now worth: 23iwfaa.png1,570,000,100 

Edited by DarknessKey92

• 2 months later...

Jesus Christ!!! this Chapter 809 is literally mind fucking in soo many ways.

This chapter has 3 very important things to highlight:

1. Jack ain't a bitch, this fucker ended up being Kaido's right hand man....*takes deep breath* with a fucken Bounty of FUCKEN! ONE BILLION!!!(That is Law & Luffy's put together).

2. This means all the Yonko have Bounties above 1 billion 4 sure(with a possible exception on Blackbeard...or who knows).

3. The Minks are no bitch either, they have some seriously strong individuals on their side who are lead by 2 incredibly powerful masters:

Duke Inuarashi:

Leads "The Musketeer Squad" and "The 3 Inurashi Musketeers"

Nekomamushi:

Leads the merciless "Guardians"

Luffy has no idea the 3 guys(Jack, Duke, and Nekomamushi) are very strong, so he really shouldn't pick a fight with them.

Edited by DarknessKey92