Broken PS3 Slim, how to fix?

servus99

Hi there, 

I am having issues with my 2nd ps3 at the moment. Whenever I turn it on, it turns off after 2-3 seconds. I have to unplug the power cable, then turn it on again, the same thing happens. Each time I turn it on again, it stays on for longer.

After doing this ~20 times, it stays on for as long as I want to play (tested, more than 24h with no problem).

Is there any easy fix for this? It is only my 2nd console (I bought it 12 years ago), but it would still be cool to fix this! Like doing a reboot of the system or some specific setting?
Maybe someone else has had similar issues with ps3s in the past...?

Thanks in advance, servus

One of my PS3 have something like this. It can turn off during game,sometimes can run few hours. Some indie games can be played all day without shutting console. Probably big games do this to mother board, but it also sometimes can shutdown when you in main ps3 menu or check game saves/videos/photos on console

• Confused 1

Definitely sounds like a PSU problem that two others have mentioned. You also said this was your 2nd PS3, by chance do you still have the 1st PS3?

If both are the same model and the 1st PS3's PSU still works you can swap the PSU from the 1st PS3 to the 2nd.

Issue disappears, great it was a bad PSU which can be easily replaced. If not then you're looking at the motherboard.

• Like 1