Yuffie and Sonon vs. top secrets

I just literally tanked them pretty much by just keep spamming attack.

So put HP Up x 2 on them both, MP Up x 2 on them both. Have Yuffie absorb Fire (optional) and a Magnify Manawall. Then have Sonon magnify Healing and have the accessory which boosts healing.

Now for Bahamut, synergise to boost their attacks and just keep spamming the square attack button. Once they start bouncing up and down, Bahamuts pressure will build up MEGA fast (their synergy is OP). Keep manawall active and heal when neccessary and just repeat until defeated.

2nd boss do the same, but you will have to avoid the lightning more as it will stun you.

3rd boss the same, but try to stay behind and if it grabs your mate, go to town on the hand so it release them. You NEED both members alive.

Just try the synergy square and you will see how OP it is in building up stagger once they start bouncing around, its actually pretty nuts how fats it builds. And then you just work around that!!

I did all Hard bosses by just tanking and spamming that single attack!!

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

Going by your list - you still need to complete Hard mode anyways so getting the elemental materia during that playthrough should not be a problem; plus, you arguably already got the hardest trophy in the game, Materia Maven :bronze:.  Just do a bit of backtracking through the game again on Hard and retackle everything to get that out of the way; I mean, you may as well. 

As to answer your question: to absorb Fire damage <=> to restore HP, you have to equip the Elemental Materia, then attach any Fire Materia to an armor slot. Honestly, the Secret Battle VR mission during Intergrade is....a joke compared to the main game; hell, I would say Fort Condor and the Materia mini-game was harder than the VR battles.

Ramuh can be cheesed with Wind magic and Pride and Joy with Thunder-based magic on its legs over and over again.

1 hour ago, sealightbreeze said:

How do you absorb fire? I can’t seem to get them to continue bouncing. What equipment and what healing item do you mean?

You just spam attack the basic attack, think its square and they must be synergised. If they get attacked it will interrupt you, but once you get going you will build up pressure mega quick and its usually quick to resume the attacks.

2 hours ago, x410xDragon said:

Going by your list - you still need to complete Hard mode anyways so getting the elemental materia during that playthrough should not be a problem; plus, you arguably already got the hardest trophy in the game, Materia Maven :bronze:.  Just do a bit of backtracking through the game again on Hard and retackle everything to get that out of the way; I mean, you may as well. 

As to answer your question: to absorb Fire damage <=> to restore HP, you have to equip the Elemental Materia, then attach any Fire Materia to an armor slot. Honestly, the Secret Battle VR mission during Intergrade is....a joke compared to the main game; hell, I would say Fort Condor and the Materia mini-game was harder than the VR battles.

Ramuh can be cheesed with Wind magic and Pride and Joy with Thunder-based magic on its legs over and over again.

I already passed a section in the game where you can get that though in the factory

17 hours ago, x410xDragon said:

I already passed a section in the game where you can get that though in the factory

Ok I went back for the elemental materia. Any other advice please? 

6 hours ago, sealightbreeze said:

Ok I went back for the elemental materia. Any other advice please? 

Pretty sure @Optinooby covered it in the two posts here in this thread: 

On 1/29/2024 at 1:05 PM, Optinooby said:

So put HP Up x 2 on them both, MP Up x 2 on them both. Have Yuffie absorb Fire (optional) and a Magnify Manawall. Then have Sonon magnify Healing and have the accessory which boosts healing.

Now for Bahamut, synergise to boost their attacks and just keep spamming the square attack button. Once they start bouncing up and down, Bahamuts pressure will build up MEGA fast (their synergy is OP). Keep manawall active and heal when neccessary and just repeat until defeated.

2nd boss do the same, but you will have to avoid the lightning more as it will stun you.

3rd boss the same, but try to stay behind and if it grabs your mate, go to town on the hand so it release them. You NEED both members alive.

Just try the synergy square and you will see how OP it is in building up stagger once they start bouncing around, its actually pretty nuts how fats it builds. And then you just work around that!!

22 hours ago, Optinooby said:

You just spam attack the basic attack, think its square and they must be synergised. If they get attacked it will interrupt you, but once you get going you will build up pressure mega quick and its usually quick to resume the attacks.

The only thing I may add is you can cast Aero with Yuffie's Ninjutsu ability and spam it over and over again. Tbh, Yuffie is pretty busted at least compared to the main game's characters' as she can do this on a whim rather than actually having the Materia equipped on her person.

14 hours ago, x410xDragon said:

The only thing I may add is you can cast Aero with Yuffie's Ninjutsu ability and spam it over and over again. Tbh, Yuffie is pretty busted at least compared to the main game's characters' as she can do this on a whim rather than actually having the Materia equipped on her person.

Yeah that didn’t work 

15 hours ago, x410xDragon said:

Yeah that didn’t work . I need specifics on how to get past the lightning guy and then hie to defeat pride and joy. I got Past the lightning guy once  and can’t seem to do it again since.

18 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

Yeah that didn’t work . I need specifics on how to get past the lightning guy and then hie to defeat pride and joy. I got Past the lightning guy once  and can’t seem to do it again since.

Ain't it the easiest part? There are a lot of strategies on youtube though.

14 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

Ain't it the easiest part? There are a lot of strategies on youtube though.

It might be the easiest part for you, but it definitely is not for me

I need exact equipment and step by step please. Have watched numerous videos on youtube . I am having issues with the lightning dude 

7 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

I need exact equipment and step by step please.

There is a equipment section at the end of video I posted. That person even forgot to take off AP Up. I remember to have used the similar setup and strategy. 

Can't provide a step for step, sorry. Synergised Windstorm and Wind Ninjutsu is a key for Ramuh fight. Also a bit of luck to not die on him. 

5 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

There is a equipment section at the end of video I posted. That person even forgot to take off AP Up. I remember to have used the similar setup and strategy. 

Can't provide a step for step, sorry. Synergised Windstorm and Wind Ninjutsu is a key for Ramuh fight. Also a bit of luck to not die on him. 

Thank you 🙏🏻 

19 hours ago, Akrioz said:

Thank you 🙏🏻 

I finally did it. For those of you that are struggling this is what I used.

yuffie weapon: magnify- healing-HP UP- HP UP-MP UP- Lightning- Ramuh

yuffie accessory: elemental- fire-first strike

weapon: steel reaper, supreme bracer, supernatural, whisk guards

sonon weapon: magnify-healing-HP UP- MP UP-first strike –lightning-chocobo chick

Sonon accessory: MP UP- HP UP-barrier

weapon:indurate staff, supreme, bracer, supernatural wrist, guards

everything was max stats 

Well, I figured out that for some reason Parry wasn’t registering this whole time, now that I’ve got that sorted this is so much easier omg. Parry makes most of Pride & Joy’s attacks negligible.

Edited by Rated-G

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2024 at 6:09 AM, WisdomRain_ said:

I still can’t seem to do this, definitely harder than the one in the base game. Any tips? 

I used this videos strategy if you're still struggling.  It does require specific timing, mostly just being on top of what to do next, and only the Bahamut strategy worked mostly as it did in the video for me.  You can use the command menu to get the timing, but it's still tricky.  If Bahamut doesn't fall to the ground when pressured the first time then you didn't time the magic attacks right.  Basically command the next spell/character as the previous one hits.  That's the key to the timing.

The Ramuh strategy didn't work as well as in the video, but the opening moves did up through the second sync windstorm.  My dodging and blocking were horrible so it was touch and go after that 2nd one.  I ended up just using Aeroga once he was at low health because I couldn't pull off another windstorm without someone dying on me.  I may have hit with a 3rd one before the Aeroga, but without a proper healing method it's the trickiest part of the entire VR imop.

Pride and Joy 0.5 didn't go as well as the video either, but was really the easiest part of the whole thing.  I screwed up the Lightning spam timing so I had to wing it using lightning ninjitsu and brumel dodging the beam canon, not very well though sinxe I died to it, but still managed to keep rising Sonon whenever he sacrificed himself to res Yuffie.  I finally ended it with the lightning banishment 1, which could theoretically be spammed after tossing her weapon with triangle.

It was on par with or maybe even slightly easier than the vanilla Top Secrets imop.  Weiss was ridiculously easy for me compared to this though.  Beat him first try using Optinoobs video.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2024 at 1:05 PM, Optinooby said:

Man, I spent hours trying different approaches for this and then got it on my 2nd attempt with this approach! Thanks

• Like 1