Quick advice dump from 2024 100% on PS3

ThirtyTwoMewtwos

I got the plat over a decade ago and no longer have access to that save file, could I start a new game and access the DLC immediately upon exiting the vault to do the 100%? Would this presumably make my save file smaller and the DLC more tolerable?

Also, Is there a good, early game XP glitch to boost me straight to level 29 so I don't have to do that naturally again?

These tips seem super helpful, thanks!

Just now, TheJimmonator said:

I got the plat over a decade ago and no longer have access to that save file, could I start a new game and access the DLC immediately upon exiting the vault to do the 100%? Would this presumably make my save file smaller and the DLC more tolerable?

Also, Is there a good, early game XP glitch to boost me straight to level 29 so I don't have to do that naturally again?

Definitely! You can immediately bee line to all DLC and the main quest is very short. You have to complete it to play broken steel but that story is only 3-5 Quests. 

The order I recommend is Anchorage - Mothership - The Pitt - Point Lookout - Main Quest - Broken Steel. Skip most of the side content and only go directly to objectives and you should be just fine. You will get freezes so save often!

also yes there is a great xp glitch. As soon as you start collect as much scrap metal as you can. This video here shows how to do the glitch easily. I did this for the main game karma + xp level trophies. The more scrap metal you get the better. Super easy to get started this way!

)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RedDevil757 said:

I started this on PS3 and decided to cut my losses and give up with it. I played it in 4k on series X instead. Which was nice as I didn't have to worry about glitches breaking it

I definitely plan on giving it a modded run on PC soon. Just so I can give the game its fair chance to not be a bad memory. Last time I played it was on Xbox 360 and I don't remember ever having any of the issues there that I had here on PS3. I will say though, I'm very happy to have it on my list.

12 minutes ago, ThirtyTwoMewtwos said:

I definitely plan on giving it a modded run on PC soon. Just so I can give the game its fair chance to not be a bad memory. Last time I played it was on Xbox 360 and I don't remember ever having any of the issues there that I had here on PS3. I will say though, I'm very happy to have it on my list.

Yeah it's an awesome platinum to have 

• 1 month later...

I started the game for the first time this Friday for the dlcs I follow the guide of the site. Unfortunately I did 13 save files if I delete a few will be an issue? I'm really nervous last year I played vanilla New Vegas from the ps plus subscription and I made around 150 saves I didn't had an issue playing it and I had the streaming to worry while playing with an internet of 24 Mbps which was a miracle.

24 minutes ago, thomaspantrias said:

I started the game for the first time this Friday for the dlcs I follow the guide of the site. Unfortunately I did 13 save files if I delete a few will be an issue? I'm really nervous last year I played vanilla New Vegas from the ps plus subscription and I made around 150 saves I didn't had an issue playing it and I had the streaming to worry while playing with an internet of 24 Mbps which was a miracle.

I make a new save every time and delete the old ones once I start to get to ~20 - I read it helped with the stability of the game and IMO it does make a difference. I haven't had any issues when I have deleted old saves, just make sure you don't accidentally delete your most recent save 😅

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone pls tell me, what is the fastest way to lv 30 without playing the game normal?

I have Platinium since 2009 and wanna get 100%. Unfortunaly i lost my save due an HDD Crash.

I googled a little bit, but i only found the scraps/Walther Glitch, which only works on Pc. :(

6 minutes ago, sven100 said:

Can someone pls tell me, what is the fastest way to lv 30 without playing the game normal?

I have Platinium since 2009 and wanna get 100%. Unfortunaly i lost my save due an HDD Crash.

I googled a little bit, but i only found the scraps/Walther Glitch, which only works on Pc. :(

The Scrap Metal exploit listed above is the fastest way to cheat your way to max rank.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The Scrap Metal exploit listed above is the fastest way to cheat your way to max rank.

Oh damned, thx. I overread it. :D

That's nice to hear. I think i will play this game before the PS5 Version of Fallout 4 comes out. :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2024 at 5:08 PM, black__bunny said:

I make a new save every time and delete the old ones once I start to get to ~20 - I read it helped with the stability of the game and IMO it does make a difference. I haven't had any issues when I have deleted old saves, just make sure you don't accidentally delete your most recent save 😅

I have been using ps plus cloud saving to keep my older saves on the cloud and off my ps3 console.