Open Beta vs. Trophies

Salvidrim

Hi all, so we know that progress in the open beta will carry over to the full game.

There was also a comment from a Ubi dev that said trophies for things you've already done in the Beta will not "unlock automatically, you'll need to redo what is needed". (source)

Does it look any Trophies might be permanently locked out? Stuff like "Meet Scurlock" or "Reach Ste-Anne", where maybe re-talking or re-landing might not "trigger" it properly since the "first instance" was already done in the beta%

5 hours ago, Salvidrim said:

Hi all, so we know that progress in the open beta will carry over to the full game.

There was also a comment from a Ubi dev that said trophies for things you've already done in the Beta will not "unlock automatically, you'll need to redo what is needed". (source)

Does it look any Trophies might be permanently locked out? Stuff like "Meet Scurlock" or "Reach Ste-Anne", where maybe re-talking or re-landing might not "trigger" it properly since the "first instance" was already done in the beta%

It's best to always start fresh whenever possible and not transfer anything over from Betas.

If there's an option to start fresh on the final released game, then do that.

• Like 2

Played Beta and reached level 4. Just started full game.

Trophy for reaching Saint-Anne still popped after entering town, and trophy for meeting Scurlock popped after doing the next quest and visiting him.

I don't think anything is missable after playing the beta.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DarkJayk said:

Played Beta and reached level 4. Just started full game.

Trophy for reaching Saint-Anne still popped after entering town, and trophy for meeting Scurlock popped after doing the next quest and visiting him.

I don't think anything is missable after playing the beta.

That's good i wonder if this is the case for people who played beta on PC/XBOX. I know some cross-progression/save games do some auto pops, full auto pops, no auto pops and from what i can tell there is no option to reset progress/account.

I ask because i played the beta on Xbox but want to platinum it.

No issues so far, you just have to "redo" everything even though some of those trophies will unlock very quickly.

One of them requires you to equip your ship with armor; if you already have a ship with armor from the open beta, you'll unlock it in seconds when you go to the menu to manage your ship.

But the counters are all reset to zero essentially; I activated multiple pirate bonfires in the open beta and none of those count here. You'll have to manually go back to three different outposts and light them again.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JoaLoft said:

No issues so far, you just have to "redo" everything even though some of those trophies will unlock very quickly.

One of them requires you to equip your ship with armor; if you already have a ship with armor from the open beta, you'll unlock it in seconds when you go to the menu to manage your ship.

But the counters are all reset to zero essentially; I activated multiple pirate bonfires in the open beta and none of those count here. You'll have to manually go back to three different outposts and light them again.

same for me... and the discovery of the map is also zero... it could be difficult to redo every location, when the map is fully discovered, to search the last location :)

So nobody has had problems earning trophies from all the stuff they've done? It's weird they don't let you just wipe your progress/make a new character.

I want to buy on PS5 but i really don't want to be locked out of 6-7 trophies because i played the beta on another platform.

7 hours ago, Hydraham said:

So nobody has had problems earning trophies from all the stuff they've done? It's weird they don't let you just wipe your progress/make a new character.

I want to buy on PS5 but i really don't want to be locked out of 6-7 trophies because i played the beta on another platform.

Based on what I already did in the beta? Nope, no problems whatsoever.

Edit: about the Lunar Effect trophy, I got it, it's slightly tricky but it can be done legitimately, I'll make a separate thread

Edited by JoaLoft

Do trophies not pop in trials? I downloaded the 8 hour trial on PS5 to see if i could get the trophies to pop from my beta save from PC and i can't get any of them to pop. I put armor on, fast traveled away from Sainte-Anne and back, left Sainte-Anne and sailed back, went to smugglers outfit absolutely nothing is popping.

On 2/14/2024 at 4:11 PM, JoaLoft said:

Based on what I already did in the beta? Nope, no problems whatsoever.

Edit: about the Lunar Effect trophy, I got it, it's slightly tricky but it can be done legitimately, I'll make a separate thread

How did you unlock Reach Sainte-Anne? I got the armor, i got the meet the guy in Sainte-Anne but i can't get Sainte-Anne to pop. I tried fast traveling away, fast traveling back, getting on ship and then docking but it won't pop.

EDIT- Also, finish an enemy by crew boarding is that just boarding a ship and destroying it? because ive done that 10 times both against ships aggro to me and random ships

Edited by Hydraham

7 hours ago, Hydraham said:

How did you unlock Reach Sainte-Anne? I got the armor, i got the meet the guy in Sainte-Anne but i can't get Sainte-Anne to pop. I tried fast traveling away, fast traveling back, getting on ship and then docking but it won't pop.

EDIT- Also, finish an enemy by crew boarding is that just boarding a ship and destroying it? because ive done that 10 times both against ships aggro to me and random ships

That's funny. I think the "Sainte-Anne" one is the very first one I got. Simply docked and it popped.

Same for the crew boarding: it's what you described. Didn't have any problems with it.

Are those glitched on your end?

35 minutes ago, JoaLoft said:

That's funny. I think the "Sainte-Anne" one is the very first one I got. Simply docked and it popped.

Same for the crew boarding: it's what you described. Didn't have any problems with it.

Are those glitched on your end?

Neither will pop for me

Edited by Hydraham

The Sainte-Anne trophy popped for me as soon as I loaded the game because that is where I left off in the beta. Meeting Shurlock was just walking to his room, boarding popped as soon as I boarded just some ship, I haven't had any issue with trophies yet using my beta save.

EDIT for a third time

I finally got them to pop i don't know if it was because i disabled crossplay or deleted both local+cloud save maybe there was an issue there but the second i did that and re-loaded the game the anne trophy immediately popped and the first boat i boarded popped. That was a nightmare i spend hours last night doing everything i could to try to get them to pop lol. At least now i can enjoy the game.

Edited by Hydraham
  • Like 1

On 2/17/2024 at 5:16 AM, Hydraham said:

EDIT for a third time

I finally got them to pop i don't know if it was because i disabled crossplay or deleted both local+cloud save maybe there was an issue there but the second i did that and re-loaded the game the anne trophy immediately popped and the first boat i boarded popped. That was a nightmare i spend hours last night doing everything i could to try to get them to pop lol. At least now i can enjoy the game.

Legend! Your solution to delete the save data just helped me fix my trophy issue I was having! Thanks a ton.

3 hours ago, AlonMercer said:

Legend! Your solution to delete the save data just helped me fix my trophy issue I was having! Thanks a ton.

Is it saved to the server then? Because you deleted all save files? I dont want to start over

14 hours ago, AlonMercer said:

I have no idea why it worked but i am glad it did because it was my last ditch effort after spending 48 hours trying everything lol.

11 hours ago, LucienNL said:

Is it saved to the server then? Because you deleted all save files? I dont want to start over

It is saved server side i don't know why it works maybe it has something to do with console-side caching or something but your save is completely fine.

I only wish it reversed the fog of war because i have been trying to find these dang final 3 east indies locations for 2 days now.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Hydraham said:

I have no idea why it worked but i am glad it did because it was my last ditch effort after spending 48 hours trying everything lol.

It is saved server side i don't know why it works maybe it has something to do with console-side caching or something but your save is completely fine.

I only wish it reversed the fog of war because i have been trying to find these dang final 3 east indies locations for 2 days now.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

All the trophies worked fine for me in the live game, even after completing the objectives for several trophies during the beta.

In order for specific ones to trigger you need to do some actions again, but this is easy. You need to build another ship if you upgraded from the dhow during the beta, your first real ship created before doesn't trigger the trophy. Just build another better ship, which you will do anyway as you progress. The 'turtle up' trophy can be earned by re-equipping armor, etc.