Banishers All Trophies in One Playthrough (Spoilers)

29 minutes ago, wolker4 said:

As I mentioned to the previous person, I wrote to choose The Jericho path first because that's the path I took when playing. Also, I thought that The Jericho path might take longer to complete, potentially saving time on the second run, but I could be wrong there. Also, the decisions you make might be different if you choose The Harrows path first so you have to figure out yourself how to get both endings then as I didnt try it that way.

Great, thank you for your answer.
I decided not to try obtain everything in 1 playthrough - the second time, I'll do a trophy with sacrificing people for Antea.

For now I would like to find all collectibles and do highly missable trophies. That's why I asked about these pathways - I was concerned that this choice had a bad impact on the other option. I believe this will not happen.

Thanks for the videos about highly missable trophies - they will be very useful.

On 2/18/2024 at 9:32 PM, Argandalf said:

FYI: I entered the breach and foughy Dannieal Keayne, from the Twins case, so apparently, you can find any Banished spirit randomly. I will continue testing it. 

@wolker4 I am working on a trophy guide for this, if you want to join, send me a DM. 

I have problem, lucy is not dead in my game… what i can doing ? In that hunted quest parry is a ghost. What i can doing ? Need for second death trophy

17 hours ago, wolker4 said:

To save some time, it's probably best to do it at the end when you got both ending trophies, as you need to banish two people for this. However, if you want to get it earlier, you can make a manual save before making those decisions and then just reload your save after getting the trophy.

One last question before I start my playthrough. Are there any collectibles I've got to worry about or everything will be accessible other than the 2 you mentioned that are in the Prolouge.

1 hour ago, Kremleenm said:

Une dernière question avant de commencer mon playthrough. Y a-t-il des objets de collection dont je dois m'inquiéter ou tout sera accessible à part les 2 que vous avez mentionnés et qui se trouvent dans le Prolouge.

Hi, you have 2 to recover during chapter 1 that can be potentially missing. We don't have the answer yet. I advise you to pick them up!

8 hours ago, klosio93 said:

I have problem, lucy is not dead in my game… what i can doing ? In that hunted quest parry is a ghost. What i can doing ? Need for second death trophy

You don't need to worry about. I did it in different way. I think there are so many possibilities. 

I killed Fortune Heayton (the blacksmith from the beginning of the game) in the first portal from the left (in the Dark Wood). I didn't even enter The Jericho or The Harrow. 

I think any angry/rancorous spirit banished in this game can appear in the portal - just a matter of trying.  You have to repeat different portals and hope that you get there any ghost (miniboss).

Edited by Swampast

On 2/17/2024 at 12:41 PM, wolker4 said:

This is how I managed to get both ending trophies in one playthrough, so you only need to replay around 2 hours to get the second ending trophy instead of replaying the entire game. Please do not ask me if you can get both ending trophies if you have chosen to play differently, as I won't be able to give you a 100% guaranteed answer. I can only share the method I used to get it.

General Info:

- Make sure to collect the first 2 collectibles in the Prologue as I don't know If you can collect those at the end of the game. (Will delete this If someone can confirm that you can collect all 4 New Eden Town collectibles in the final Main Quest) 

- Choose the „Blame“ option in all encounters until the "Grief and Rancor (Rest at Island's shelter)" Main Quest Objective.

Step 1: Choose to resurrect Antea as your promise („A Promise made“ trophy). This can be done during the "Hungry The Hunters (Rest up at Jacob's hovel)" Main Quest Objective, which you will get after completing the "The Flesh is Weak" haunting case. – Minute 1:44:15 of my Full Game Walkthrough video

Step 2: Choose to Sacrifice Thickskin after The Beast boss fight.

Step 3: In the "The Swamp Witch" Main Quest, choose the "Fort Jericho" path first. 

Step 4: Make a manual save once you reach the "Grief and Rancor (Rest at Island's shelter)" Main Quest Objective, which you will get after beating the Aul' Saul boss. Then choose to ascent Antea (Final Promise trophy) - Minute 7:06:33 of my Full Game Walkthrough video

Step 5: In the "A Hellbound Heart" haunting case (story-related) choose to banish Alexander.

Step 6: At the end of the "The Inkwell" Main Quest choose to spare Governor Fairefax Haskell.

Step 7: Finish the game and you will get the "Farewell my love (Successfully give Antea her ascent)" trophy.

I followed these steps exactly but at the end Red couldn't let go of Antea and says he can't live without her. She did not ascend and the game ends in a negative way. Did not get the ascent trophy. I did all availabe haunting cases (always blamed) until step 4, after that I stopped doing them.

I guess I need to do more haunting cases? But should I start ascending ghosts instead of blaming after step 4?

Edited by HAILtoSTARSCREAM

3 hours ago, HAILtoSTARSCREAM said:

I followed these steps exactly but at the end Red couldn't let go of Antea and says he can't live without her. She did not ascend and the game ends in a negative way. Did not get the ascent trophy. I did all availabe haunting cases (always blamed) until step 4, after that I stopped doing them.

I guess I need to do more haunting cases? But should I start ascending ghosts instead of blaming after step 4?

It most likely didn't work for you because you did all available haunting cases. You should only do the main story related ones (Should be 3 in total) If you go for one of the Ascend endings. If you would go for the "Successfully bring Antea back to life" ending, it wouldnt matter how many cases you complete as long as you blame everyone and have completed at least 13 haunting cases.

If you complete more cases now and choose to ascend this time, you might get one of the ascend endings, depending on how many haunting cases you have already completed, how many you have chosen to blame, and the final promise you made.

Edit: Reworked the main post and added every single decision that I made during my run. 

Edited by wolker4

Here's what the Steam Achievement guide says:

To get both achievements efficiently:

• Only bring closure to the story-related haunting cases.
  • Spare exactly five living settlers at the end of the story-related haunting cases.
  • Haunting cases with two living settlers and one ghost count as one spare.
  • Make a save before reaffirming your oath, the first oath does not influence the ending.

Now, you can achieve the 'Farewell my love' ending by completing the game without bringing closure any additional haunting cases. Then, load the save and complete all remaining haunting cases while sacrificing all living settlers to unlock the 'Death is a journey' ending.

Edited by HAILtoSTARSCREAM
  • Like 1

sounds like i have a 2nd full playthrough in store for me. been going full steam ahead everything for the resurrection and blaming ALL the settlers. Also I already had the reaffirming the oath moment and it didnt seem like I was close to the end anyway (could just be my perception idk).

i kinda want to give the settlers a better ending anyway so not the end of the world

Hello,

I followed to the letter the line of conduct left to get the ascent.
Despite this, I had an alternative end without saving and mounting Antea.

To get the ascent with certainty, how many haunting cases do I have to do before starting the point of no return of the game? Thank you.

PS: Sorry for my English, I'm French and I use a translator

On 2/20/2024 at 2:47 PM, wolker4 said:

It most likely didn't work for you because you did all available haunting cases. You should only do the main story related ones (Should be 3 in total) If you go for one of the Ascend endings. If you would go for the "Successfully bring Antea back to life" ending, it wouldnt matter how many cases you complete as long as you blame everyone and have completed at least 13 haunting cases.

If you complete more cases now and choose to ascend this time, you might get one of the ascend endings, depending on how many haunting cases you have already completed, how many you have chosen to blame, and the final promise you made.

Edit: Reworked the main post and added every single decision that I made during my run. 

I have not killed a single person yet. do we only need 13 human deaths to get the Death is a journey Trophy? 

hi I have a problem with the trophy of banishing a ghost, with the second death trophy, following a video on youtube you just need to banish a girl in a specific mission and then go into the void and fight her, the problem is that by going to that mission I find her in good shape human while the other person is man and ghost, and even trying to banish him does not appear in the void, how can I solve it?

3 hours ago, OpsCreeD1 said:

I have not killed a single person yet. do we only need 13 human deaths to get the Death is a journey Trophy? 

Choose to resurrect Antea as your final promise and choose to blame at least 13 settlers. The number will change depending on how many settlers you have already ascended or banished before. There are a total of 23 haunting cases in the game, and you must blame a specific number of settlers. I've read somewhere that it's 80%. So, if you do all 23 haunting cases, then you must have chosen to blame 19 settlers.

2 hours ago, SanguisAeternus said:

hi I have a problem with the trophy of banishing a ghost, with the second death trophy, following a video on youtube you just need to banish a girl in a specific mission and then go into the void and fight her, the problem is that by going to that mission I find her in good shape human while the other person is man and ghost, and even trying to banish him does not appear in the void, how can I solve it?

Argandalf was in the same situation as you, and he posted this:

"FYI: I entered the breach and foughy Dannieal Keayne, from the Twins case, so apparently, you can find any Banished spirit randomly. I will continue testing it." 

Maybe that will help you.

• Like 1

While working my way up to the point of no return, while following steps 1-15, are there any missable trophies I should be aware of ? Besides the 2 ending trophies of course. I read all the comments here, but still feel unsure.

On 2/17/2024 at 7:41 PM, wolker4 said:

Step 3: In the "Hammer and Tongs" haunting case (story-related) choose to blame Nellie Heayton.

If we blame Nellie Hayton won't we be locked out of her wares and then cannot buy the armor for the trophy?

12 hours ago, Farlov said:

While working my way up to the point of no return, while following steps 1-15, are there any missable trophies I should be aware of ? Besides the 2 ending trophies of course. I read all the comments here, but still feel unsure.

The "Teacher's Pet" and "Second Death" trophies are highly missable, so make sure to make the right choices in the haunting cases (check video guide). For the rest, you can get them by making a save before entering the "Point of No Return" or using the auto-save that the game creates for you once you beat the game for the ending trophies.

6 hours ago, Kremleenm said:

If we blame Nellie Hayton won't we be locked out of her wares and then cannot buy the armor for the trophy?

No, you can just buy them from someone else in the village then.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, wolker4 said:

The "Teacher's Pet" and "Second Death" trophies are highly missable, so make sure to make the right choices in the haunting cases (check video guide). For the rest, you can get them by making a save before entering the "Point of No Return" or using the auto-save that the game creates for you once you beat the game for the ending trophies.

Thanks. I can just ignore those haunting cases until the end though right ? I wasn't planning on doing any additional haunting cases, besides the ones needed for the main story.

1 hour ago, Farlov said:

Thanks. I can just ignore those haunting cases until the end though right ? I wasn't planning on doing any additional haunting cases, besides the ones needed for the main story.

That's right, you can do them at the end.

• Like 1

Hi I have the problem with second death trophy(i have 98% trophy), i dont have the case that show in this guide but in my two playthrought the mjssion are different, now i load old save(the save to obtain ascent anthea final) and i try to do all the case and banish all ghost, for the moment nothing.. it is possible to obtain the tropht in this mode? Or only with the mission show on the guide(on youtube i see that each player obtain in two twins case but for me is different also this case)

Have tips?

Sorry for my bad english.