Hell Dive

voxman90

Good news, everyone.

If a player joins you during a mission on extreme difficulty, kicking them before they land will not count as a death. In my successful attempt, I had to kick two players (even though I set only friends in the settings, but threw an SOS beacon to distract the bugs) and still got the trophy.

In the video, the sweet spot where it's problematic but possible to survive all the waves up to evacuation.

I used a mortar, orbital railgun, orbital laser, and orbital gatling.

It didn't work out well - I got stuck once and fell down once, but hopefully this will give you faith that it's possible for any player (with a team of like-minded people, though, it should be easier).

Granted this was on level 6 difficulty but it may work on Extreme difficulty as well. I rushed to the shuttle in a last hurrah while my team of randoms was still fighting the bugs on another part of the map. I had a chill time waiting for extraction as almost no enemies showed up.

So maybe you can gather three fellow trophy hunters, have them do the objective (plus any nests in the vicinity of the extraction point) but leave one behind at the shuttle LZ (hidden from the enemies). Once available have them call in the shuttle and then kick the other three. The escapee can bring four turrets to make it easier.

/E:

Extreme is level 6. I didn't realize until now. So yeah, this should work.

Edited by SwitchbladeAli
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We got this trophy with 3 friends and 1 random and no specific plan to extract without deaths to get trophy. It was on a Suicide difficulty (one higher than Extreme).

Same mission type would be a good choice for the Hold my primary, I'm going in! trophy. That one we would have to go in with plan to only use Pistols, Grenades and Stratagems, but can be done on easier (Hard) difficulty and deaths are allowed.

Or you can just do an eradication mission on suicide or higher without kicking anyone...

The players at harder difficulties are more serious and less bloodthirsty so they don't shoot every enemy they see like braindead lizards, getting themselves killed in the process.

Just throw a mortar down and let it do all the work.

Edited by Vault-TecPhantom

• 4 weeks later...

I feel like this trophy will be the platinum-blocker for me for a few moments, until I just get really lucky. With Eradication being buffed to 400 enemies on Extreme, I think my only option is boosting. Anything short of a really competent team with great strategems doesn't seem capable of beating a mission without any deaths.

I tried solo and got up to almost 300 by climbing a rock and trying to use well-timed strategems, but nothing really works, and the bugs eventually reach you.

8 hours ago, Veritas7Ax said:

I feel like this trophy will be the platinum-blocker for me for a few moments, until I just get really lucky. With Eradication being buffed to 400 enemies on Extreme, I think my only option is boosting. Anything short of a really competent team with great strategems doesn't seem capable of beating a mission without any deaths.

I tried solo and got up to almost 300 by climbing a rock and trying to use well-timed strategems, but nothing really works, and the bugs eventually reach you.

there is a booster in the new warbond that increases the time between enemy spawns. This might help you as more of your stratagems might already have cooled down before the next wave.

17 hours ago, Veritas7Ax said:

I did this trophy along with "Gone in 360 seconds!" and "Hold my primary, I'm going in!" solo, and it was at the same time. The mission you want to do is the automaton blitz mission, the one where you have to destroy the automaton fabricators. You can get lucky and find one, that only require you to destroy 4 fabricators. Once I found one, i started the mission and scouted the map to try and find the best route to destroy 4 fabricators and get to extration in the fastest time. You can actually just close the game and the mission will still be there once you load back in, so you can attempt as many times as you like. I used the 500kg, orbital laser, eagle airstrike and one more I don't remember, but those 3 are more than enough. Just keep trying till you get lucky, it took me a few attempts. Just don't die, only use stratagems and be quick. 

• Like 1

Its easier to do the autotrons. Do a blitz. Get one with only 6 or 9 outposts to destroy. Equip eagle bombardment. Throw it in the area, and keep moving. Repeat until mission complete and go extract. I did it with a friend. Had my friend blow up the base by the extraction, while i booked it and took out the required amount on the way to extraction. As soon as mission completed, he called in extraction and we got out quickly. First try. 

I just got this last night.

I did it on a launch the ICBM mission solo with Railcannon, Arc Thrower, Shield and Mech. The Mech was just to make extraction easier (and it worked).

I ended up on an almost flat terrain map with no visibility issues even though the mission said there was (I could see quite clearly). Easiest way to get it is to obviously avoid as many enemies as possible and B line the objective. You will have to fight some packs of course but you can avoid/outrun most of them.

I also had the armor on that grants 6 grenades - a great armor for solo tbh.

On 3/27/2024 at 6:28 AM, Farlov said:

I did this trophy along with "Gone in 360 seconds!" and "Hold my primary, I'm going in!" solo, and it was at the same time. The mission you want to do is the automaton blitz mission, the one where you have to destroy the automaton fabricators. You can get lucky and find one, that only require you to destroy 4 fabricators. Once I found one, i started the mission and scouted the map to try and find the best route to destroy 4 fabricators and get to extration in the fastest time. You can actually just close the game and the mission will still be there once you load back in, so you can attempt as many times as you like. I used the 500kg, orbital laser, eagle airstrike and one more I don't remember, but those 3 are more than enough. Just keep trying till you get lucky, it took me a few attempts. Just don't die, only use stratagems and be quick. 

^^^^^ this!!!! I read this and had a go myself. And yes it will take a few tries. I've managed to get all the fabricators done but the extraction kills me lol. But I'm getting better at it so yeah I recommend trying this method. I'm on a map with only 5 fabricators so it literally takes me about 3 minutes to do them before having to call for extraction. And I used all the same strategems as well.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2024 at 8:28 PM, Farlov said:

You must be really lucky then, since the fewest I can find so far is with 5 fabricators. How many refreshes did you do to get 4?

3 hours ago, SithLawd66 said:

You must be really lucky then, since the fewest I can find so far is with 5 fabricators. How many refreshes did you do to get 4?

I think it was the 5th mission I tried, maybe it also depends on what planet the mission is on. Some planets could give you a higher chance to find one that only needs 4 fabricators, just speculation though.

• Like 1

I agree with doing the blitz/only sidearm run solo as well. Malevolent Creek blitz, I had like 6/7 fabricators I don’t remember exactly. Laser/500kg/Eagle Airstrike/Shield. Just practice the run and close the game if you don’t have enough time when calling in extraction until you get a perfect run. Find a place to hide or de-Agro bots. 

I got the trophy for doing a pistol only run on a different mission though. But never used my primary when I got the gone in 360 seconds so it’s doable. May also wanna bring in the Infiltrator light armor so you’re harder to spot. Could also dump the shield for the jet pack which makes putting distance between you and the fabricators you just blew up quicker. 

@Farlov I got it yesterday solo thanks to your tips. I lucked out on the layout with 5 fabricators, all 5 were next to each other on my left and the extraction point was only a 100m or so to the right. Then at the extraction point I just went prone and prayed 🤣

Modifiers was only stratagem cooldown increase, if there was also an extraction timer increase I wouldn't have made it since the extraction point was already a sea of red in my successful run and I had no stims left.

So I just got the trophy and I didn't etract.
I was just sitting on top of a mountain killing the enemies until it reached 100% and let the shuttle come and go and got the trophy :)
Without extraction this trophy is very easy solo!

Edited by Flail
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that a blitz mission where you have to destroy fabricators is the way to go, provided you don't get unlucky and get a map that's covered by strategem jammers.

My recommendation:

1. Go stealthy and use strategems to destroy all but one of the fabricators you need for the mission.
  2. Find the last fabricator you need and lay prone somewhere nearby that's safe(ish).
  3. Wait until the mission timer hits 0 and the emergency shuttle is about to land.
  4. Destroy the last fabricator, completing the mission.
  5. Survive the 20 or so seconds it takes for the shuttle to abandon you and leave.

The reason you want to leave completing the mission for the last possible moment is that doing so drastically increases the number of enemy patrols.