13 members have voted

1. 1. Please read my post before picking

• The Walking Dead - Season 1
    • Mass Effect
    • Mass Effect 3
    • Dragon Age: Origins
    • Mirror's Edge
    • MGS Peace Walker

Ok so I decided to buy one game only from this sale, as I have over 30 games on my backlog that I didn't even download, and I need help picking one:

The Walking Dead - Season 1

Played episode 1 on my iPad, loved it, but looks like there is 0 replay value....

Mass Effect/Mass Effect 3/Dragon Age Origins

I never played a Bioware game in my entire life, I played and loved Fallout, FO3, FNV, Skyrim, The Witcher 1 & 2... I hear Mass Effect is similar to The Witcher so I went ahead and bought Mass Effect 2, but I didn't find the time to play it yet, mainly because I'm worried about whether I should play the original first. But I'm torn on this because people say the first Mass Effect has really bad writing, combat and UI so I figured I should skip it and buy ME3 instead? What about Dragon Age? (if it has that stupid party system turn based crap from FF12, I'll pass). Which one of these provides a long, satisfying RPG experience with ASDFASI moments? I NEED ANSWERS

Mirror's Edge

Seems like I missed a classic title? 

MGS Peace Walker

I loved MGS3 and looking forward to MGS5 so I'm really intrigued by this, I'm just worried it isn't a good console port... I was never into portable games, so does this hold up with the other games on the list?

Edited by C4G4SS

I would say Mass Effect.  It was an awesome game, with a few drawbacks, but overall certainly worth your time.  I ended up playing it on both Xbox when it came out, and again on the ps3.  I think you will find it enjoyable.

Mirror's Edge, if your interested in that sort of thing you'll probably like it as long as you dont expect much from the story and just wanna experience superior gameplay! If timetrials arent your sort of thing then pick something else. I personally love Mirror's Edge and it's like my 2nd favorite game of all time after the MGS series!

Walking dead without questions, all the games are good, but this is a special type of good. :) it's as cheap as it will ever be so now is as good of a time as any, maybe pick up two games, TWD and either mass effect or metal gear. 

I personally love Mirror's Edge and it's like my 2nd favorite game of all time after the MGS series!

So why shouldn't I buy Peace Walker instead?

Thanks for all the answers, everyone... I'm gonna depend on the poll for which game I'm gonna buy, but I'd like to hear reasons for picking Mirror's Edge.

Thanks for all the answers, everyone... I'm gonna depend on the poll for which game I'm gonna buy, but I'd like to hear reasons for picking Mirror's Edge.

Have you played any of the other Metal Gear games? Peace Walker is a fantastic game but I'm of the opinion that games in a series should be played in the order they released rather than the chronological order of the story.

Parker 

Have you played any of the other Metal Gear games? Peace Walker is a fantastic game but I'm of the opinion that games in a series should be played in the order they released rather than the chronological order of the story.

Parker 

Yes, MGS 3 and 4. 

Don't worry, I'm up to speed with the story in the games I haven't played, but I'm just wondering if Peace Walker is any good gameplay wise

Since you've got many games on your backlog I'd recommend TWD season 1. It doesn't take too much time to complete, but you need to play it through once in your life. After a couple of hours you can continue on downsizing your backlog, but at least you had a wonderful experience. 

Mirror's Edge son! This is one of my favorite PS3 games as well. It's just a unique game unlike anything else with a nice shallow learning curve (easy to learn, difficult to master). Getting through the story mode of Mirror's Edge is easy but beating the time trials and speedruns is hard and takes study and practice.

I've finished all the trophies in this game as well as Mass Effect 3 and Walking Dead and Mirror's Edge just holds a special place in my heart that he other games can't really comes close to, even tho they are also great games.

Well Peace Walker isn't personally important to me in anyway... It's a psp game you know. Afterall it was not a major release. The gameplay isnt quite up there with the rest of the Metal Gear games. If you got a buddy whos really into MGS the coop can be fun, but it's still super linear + imo its the worst Metal Gear story out there. Really felt it wasnt necessary.

Edited by LovesAnInjection