Bots? Or real players?

SuchRemorse

I'm just getting into this game. It's actually extremely difficult on the higher Nightmare levels. I was just wondering if anyone that has played this game, thinks it's easier to play with a group of real people? Or if it's better and easier to play solo and use the in game Bots? I tried a few rounds with some random players and they were terrible. No communication... Running off away from the group, Missing shots etc.. The bots actually stay by me and follow my lead. I'm sure there are pros and cons to each. Just wanted to hear what people thought.

It was my experience that the more people you had the harder it became, on no hope difficulty in particular.  Ultimately two people with good melee healing builds seemed to be the way to go, as well as skipping as much as you can by jumping in the hives when available.

When I did Nightmare, it was when the gsme first released and iirc, it has since been made easier through several patches.

Back then though, I was only able to make progress with real players and built up decks.

Unsure what it's like now, gave up on the trophies since I've spent a significant amount of time with the game and am only halfway through the Good Riddance trophy. Mind-numbing farming isn't for me. 

8 hours ago, SuchRemorse said:

I'm just getting into this game. It's actually extremely difficult on the higher Nightmare levels. I was just wondering if anyone that has played this game, thinks it's easier to play with a group of real people? Or if it's better and easier to play solo and use the in game Bots? I tried a few rounds with some random players and they were terrible. No communication... Running off away from the group, Missing shots etc.. The bots actually stay by me and follow my lead. I'm sure there are pros and cons to each. Just wanted to hear what people thought.

Bots are always better. You can turn the game into a 0/10 difficulty even with no hope by playing as prophet dan, going to a med cabinet and downing your team. Ping the med cabinet, wait for the AI cooldown to end and repeat.

Every time Dan revs a team member you have a chance to get a 5% damage reduction buff. If you struggle, go until you have a full 100% reduction and you can't physically take damage unless the buff is removed by a special enemy.

16 minutes ago, VigilantCrow said:

Bots are always better. You can turn the game into a 0/10 difficulty even with no hope by playing as prophet dan, going to a med cabinet and downing your team. Ping the med cabinet, wait for the AI cooldown to end and repeat.

Every time Dan revs a team member you have a chance to get a 5% damage reduction buff. If you struggle, go until you have a full 100% reduction and you can't physically take damage unless the buff is removed by a special enemy.

This sounds like an interesting workaround. I've wanted to check this game out for a while but don't have a dedicated group to consistently play with and I wasn't sure if the AI was reliable or if there were any good cheese builds/glitches like this for the hardest difficulties.

I did the hard stuff completely with bots, it`s so much easier. I mean, sure playing with very good players can also help out, but this game is terribly balanced and the reason i really disliked my B4B experience a lot. I don`t know if things changed much since i played this but alone the fact that bots can`t or hardly get any negative status effects, generally go down way harder and almost never run out of ammo speaks for itself. 

I really wish devs would be able to balance things better, i mean a game should NEVER get harder with friends, quite the opposite should be the case.

Edited by DavySuicide

For those players interested in using the "Prophet" Dan glitch, you must own the DLC to be able to access this character. You also cannot perform this glitch on the Abomination as there are no first aid stations. Additionally, you have to be able to survive to the first aid station in each mission to be able to perform it and may require a Toolkit to access a prepper stash room with the station.

• 2 weeks later...