Platinum comparison

Rowdi

I'm going for the platinum in Arkham City right now after having platted Arkham Asylum (similarly to you, had lots of difficulties with S&A Extreme and a couple other combat challenge maps in Asylum).

I'd say the combat challenges in City are actually easier than they were in Asylum. I'm not sure if that's because I have the experience from Asylum, or if there are fewer curveballs in the City challenges. Many of the Extreme combat challenges are surprisingly simple (no environmental hazards like S&A Extreme, they basically just end with a Round 4 that has one or two Titan equivalent henchmen), and you can easily get the scores you need just by striking, countering, and jumping around.

However, I would say that the challenges are not the biggest hurdle to the platinum - the Riddler trophies, of which there are 400 O_O, and the campaigns are. I'm assuming you know about the trophies. The campaigns are three challenges, mix of combat and predator, that you have to complete successfully. You only get three retries in total across all three maps if you mess up or die, and you have to earn all 9 medals for those three maps before dying three times. It is much harder than the challenges.

tl;dr version: challenges not bad, campaigns and riddler trophies are larger platinum hurdle.

• Like 2

Wow! I don't think I will even bother with these games (even though I love Batman). I just can't see myself doing those challenges :( Do you guys think it is even worth it?

I wouldn't skip the game over not being able to platinum it or having a tough time. I haven't played it yet (just got it for Xmas) but I heard its amazing... Especially if your a Batman fan! Play it and have a 90%+ completion on your list of games played!

Wow! I don't think I will even bother with these games (even though I love Batman). I just can't see myself doing those challenges :( Do you guys think it is even worth it?

I've only played Arkham Asylum, and it won several best game of the year awards, so it's definitely a very good game. Even if you don't manage to finish the combat challenges, you're still looking at at least 80% trophy completion.

I'm going for the platinum in Arkham City right now after having platted Arkham Asylum (similarly to you, had lots of difficulties with S&A Extreme and a couple other combat challenge maps in Asylum).

I'd say the combat challenges in City are actually easier than they were in Asylum. I'm not sure if that's because I have the experience from Asylum, or if there are fewer curveballs in the City challenges. Many of the Extreme combat challenges are surprisingly simple (no environmental hazards like S&A Extreme, they basically just end with a Round 4 that has one or two Titan equivalent henchmen), and you can easily get the scores you need just by striking, countering, and jumping around.

However, I would say that the challenges are not the biggest hurdle to the platinum - the Riddler trophies, of which there are 400 O_O, and the campaigns are. I'm assuming you know about the trophies. The campaigns are three challenges, mix of combat and predator, that you have to complete successfully. You only get three retries in total across all three maps if you mess up or die, and you have to earn all 9 medals for those three maps before dying three times. It is much harder than the challenges.

tl;dr version: challenges not bad, campaigns and riddler trophies are larger platinum hurdle.

Thanks for the very well thought out answer. Exactly what I was looking. I haven't started playing this yet, so I'm not up on the trophies or what they entail. I'm trying to finish the games I'm playing right now before I move on to Bats. Thanks again for the heads up.

Definitely worth it. Asylum was an awesome game and I expect no less from City. Asylum was my first platinum trophy and to this day, the one I'm most proud of because of the difficulty I had with it. Difficult platinums are the most satisfying, imo.

Don't let a challenge hold you back from playing a game. If I got Asylum's plat, anybody can.

Thanks for the very well thought out answer. Exactly what I was looking. I haven't started playing this yet, so I'm not up on the trophies or what they entail. I'm trying to finish the games I'm playing right now before I move on to Bats. Thanks again for the heads up.

Definitely worth it. Asylum was an awesome game and I expect no less from City. Asylum was my first platinum trophy and to this day, the one I'm most proud of because of the difficulty I had with it. Difficult platinums are the most satisfying, imo.

Don't let a challenge hold you back from playing a game. If I got Asylum's plat, anybody can.

Good point, maybe I'll get to Asylum someday, but I have a MASSIVE backlog of games to plat!

This game a MUST buy, even if you dont get the plat you will still have a blast playing it, its 10/10 in my book.

IMO B:AC is harder than B:AA. The combat challenges are easier, but the predator are SO much harder, even harder than the combat challenges in B:AA IMO.

So in plat-difficulty I say B:AA is 7/10 and B:AC is 7,5/10

I'm currently working on this one myself. The Riddler trophies are taking forever! I think I'm about 313 of 440. I'm finding some real difficulty with the second round of AR training modules. I haven't even touched the comabt and predator challenges yet or new game+ but I hope to plat this at some point. I think the story mode in AC was considerably shorter than AA. Maybe it's just me, but I blew through the story in AC in about a week...which is fast for me since I play 1-3 hours a night. I'm really sucking at combat right now because I haven't practiced the new combat moves and gadgets yet.

I highly recommend both games, they have been a lot of fun albeit frustrating at times.