What am I getting myself into?

Hey, I'm planning on 100%ing all the Assassin's Creed games once I've worked through my backlog.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Black Flag is the only one that's going to cause me any real issues. I'm thinking I either get the MP trophies out the way now, or just skip it altogether.

What am I getting myself into if I commit to the MP trophies now?

The PS3 Version is unPlatinumable due to the Sharing is Caring trophy being unobtainable but the PS4 version has no such issues. As for the MP trophies, most of them can be done solo in private lobbies but there are at least 2 that have to be done in public games, though you can boost them with a friend if I'm reading the Guide correctly.

• Like 4

I just recently got the plat, and grinded most of the multiplayer trophies before starting the rest of the game. It takes a long time and really is a slog in 2024, but doable. Depends on how much the platinum means to you. I've heard rumors of an AC4 remake at some point, so you may want to just wait for that if you don't want to do the multiplayer.

• Like 1

I also did most of the online trophies solo (private lobby) and it was definitely a slog. I probably wasn’t super efficient but it took me weeks just grinding the online over and over again. Maybe ~25-35 hours? can’t say for sure as it has been some time. 

definitely would recommend doing it though to have the full series platinumed since Black flag doesn’t have a remaster (yet)

• Like 1

Just be warned if you're intending on going for every version of each game or just one version of each game.

Last year I decided to go for the plat for the PS3 version of AC4. That was in June. It's still doable (people have been earning the the Sharing is Caring trophy in the PS3 version as recently as this week) but a massive pain the ass for that trophy. You'll have 0 issues with the PS4 version though.

The multiplayer can be tedious but majority can be grinded in a single player private match. It's very very very easy. Then just game session whatever you need others for. 

Also note that the online was supposed to be axed for the PS3 versions of Brotherhood, Revelations and 3, but they're still currently available. Brotherhood multiplayer is the worst out of all of them. 

If you only care about the PS4 versions though, you're golden. No multiplayer trophies except Black Flag.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2024 at 12:52 AM, HuntingFever said:

The PS3 Version is unPlatinumable due to the Sharing is Caring trophy being unobtainable but the PS4 version has no such issues. As for the MP trophies, most of them can be done solo in private lobbies but there are at least 2 that have to be done in public games, though you can boost them with a friend if I'm reading the Guide correctly.

I'm just going to correct you, the PS3 trophy sharing is caring is perfectly attainable. Got it last August.

Only caveat is that you need to have 0 friends on psn and I had to unlink Uplay each time before launching the game and reconnect it on startup. This way Kenway's fleet also kept working.

Was a complete hassle but hey, it worked.

Just started this game from scratch last Thursday, 40~ hours for all multiplayer trophies. I focused on them first just in case anything happens to the servers etc. Can enjoy the story now! level 55 is extremely tedious... just put your head down and grind man. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Reaper-BEL-1991 said:

I'm just going to correct you, the PS3 trophy sharing is caring is perfectly attainable. Got it last August.

Only caveat is that you need to have 0 friends on psn and I had to unlink Uplay each time before launching the game and reconnect it on startup. This way Kenway's fleet also kept working.

Have you recreated this method on another account to prove it’s possible? Seems like an easy thing to recreate to back up your claim for all the people clearly having problems accomplishing the trophy. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JordyJord88 said:

Just started this game from scratch last Thursday, 40~ hours for all multiplayer trophies. I focused on them first just in case anything happens to the servers etc. Can enjoy the story now! level 55 is extremely tedious... just put your head down and grind man. 

I really wanted to go for this platinum as my number 75 platinum milestone but wow , 40 hours only for multiplayer trophies.

Nope, not gonna do that for sure lol.

hopefully this game will get a remastered someday without those annoying multiplayer trophies.

4 hours ago, Reaper-BEL-1991 said:

The servers died last September, which means you were one of the last people to get this trophy done before that happened :(.

7 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

The servers died last September, which means you were one of the last people to get this trophy done before that happened :(.

Aha, woops, that's new information for me

EDIT; according to 

Shutdown on the 1st of October was only for brotherhood, revelations and 3, so this should be obtainable still. Will try on a new account this weekend to see what happens

Edited by Reaper-BEL-1991
New information

5 hours ago, Reaper-BEL-1991 said:

Aha, woops, that's new information for me

EDIT; according to 

Shutdown on the 1st of October was only for brotherhood, revelations and 3, so this should be obtainable still. Will try on a new account this weekend to see what happens

Those are from an unrelated shutdown that was supposed to happen in 2022 but many of the games involved, either never closed or did close, then came back up a few weeks or months later, before being canned permanently yesterday.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

I did the exact same as you last year on this new account. No issues at all. Started in late January and finished up with Valhalla in mid-July. 

AC Black Flag servers still run well on PS4 and there's still a relatively healthy amount of players playing. I strongly recommend joining a boosting session for the multiplayer trophies though. Will make it far less painful. Google the "bench method" for the most efficient levelling up strategy.

Just be prepared to get burned out. I flew through the first 5-6 games but started to suffer from fatigue once I was done with Syndicate. If you need to take a break between games listen to your brain and do so. It will make the marathon far less enjoyable if you don't.

Edited by CymroMatt
  • Like 2

Thanks everyone!

I decided to just go for it. I'm currently level 22 after about 5 or 6 hours. Got pretty fortunate with lobbies and have the other multiplayer trophies (minus the Blackbeard DLC) already. So I'll be grinding Wolfpack solo for however long it takes to get to 55.

For anyone else wanting to do all of the AC games. Unity is another sticking point with 2 of the trophies requiring another player, but they weren't too bad with randoms.

Once I've got this out the way I'm just going to take my time with all the other games in the series. Don't want to burn myself out (I did that with all the Uncharted games and now I can't stand the sight of them).

• Like 1