The game is crashing on me

Your Ps5 is overheating. It used to happen to me with a few games and since I've taken the faceplates off its never done it.

I took the faceplates off, screwed the base back on and slipped two bits of wood into the gaps to stop it wobbling.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anasthesaint said:

Hello everyone, 

For the fifth time it crashed on me whilst playing. My ps5 never did that. It turns off alone and i have to take out the AC power cable and then put it again .

Does that happen to anyone? 

Happened to me once. System froze and i managed to quit out the game but everything became unresponsice afterwards. When i rebooted, my save file didn't load and it said savefile or the app is corruputed. Had to delete and reinstall the entire game for it to start working again. Thankfully, I didn't lose any progress. 

I have 2 PS5's. It didn't crash once on my slim. It crashed about 5 times on my fat older one. I cleaned it thoroughly but it still kept crashing. Haven't played it on that one since tbh. Seems fine in other games but just FF7 so dunno. Mine defo not overheating, the room it's in is freezing cold and doesn't even feel hot when it would crash. If I had to guess I'd actually guess it's the built in storage and maybe installing the game onto a m.2 storage expansion might help. It never turned off my PS5 that's another thing that made me think it wasn't heat as well, it just crashed the game and PS5 carried on as normal.

1 hour ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Happened to me once. System froze and i managed to quit out the game but everything became unresponsice afterwards. When i rebooted, my save file didn't load and it said savefile or the app is corruputed. Had to delete and reinstall the entire game for it to start working again. Thankfully, I didn't lose any progress. 

Glad you didn't lose anything. I can't lose my 150 hours or i quit..

18 minutes ago, den-69 said:

I have 2 PS5's. It didn't crash once on my slim. It crashed about 5 times on my fat older one. I cleaned it thoroughly but it still kept crashing. Haven't played it on that one since tbh. Seems fine in other games but just FF7 so dunno. Mine defo not overheating, the room it's in is freezing cold and doesn't even feel hot when it would crash. If I had to guess I'd actually guess it's the built in storage and maybe installing the game onto a m.2 storage expansion might help. It never turned off my PS5 that's another thing that made me think it wasn't heat as well, it just crashed the game and PS5 carried on as normal.

Same .... keeps crashing no matter what..that's why i just want to get the plat ,by any mean necessary 😅

3 minutes ago, Anasthesaint said:

Glad you didn't lose anything. I can't lose my 150 hours or i quit..

Same .... keeps crashing no matter what..that's why i just want to get the plat ,by any mean necessary 😅

Sadly have 30 hours min

Have you cleaned the whole ps5? 

I had other games crashing on me even after cleaning the fan. 

When I looked deeper into the slot where the fan is located I could see the heatsink. That thing was completely full of dust. 

You have to take the fan out and use a flashlight to see further  into your ps5.

I cleaned it with a vacuumcleaner on lowest setting and since then I hadnt have a single crash anymore.

I dont know the english word for what I used as an extra piece for the vacuumcleaner but it was something like an extender that was smaller than the normale pipe.