General consensus on trophy/achievement pop realms?

LastHelghast-

Merely asking what the general view is. Been reading a few about nice games to plat and I'm a bit of a sucker for indulging in Minecraft to chill out here and there along with stranded deep.

Was about to join my friend the other day but he warned me he's on a trophy pop realm - don't want to taint this account like I did my last so didn't hop on.

Are they accepted/or is it a ban offence to use such a realm on Minecraft.

It's not an issue either way, was just curious. If it's fine I might join one evening to see what the fad is about. If not it's all good, my nephew often enjoys my builds haha.

To me, trophy realms or worlds are a personal choice, and personally I think of it as "not my profile, not my problem". 

If it is an in-game exploit like Minecraft is or Stranded Deep was, then it is considered all fine in terms of the site rules, no action is taken due to the widespread knowledge of such methods. But it does take away from the people who grinded their way to obtaining the platinum legitimately. 

Edited by GothGirlMaxine
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, LastHelghast- said:

Are they accepted/or is it a ban offence to use such a realm on Minecraft.

It's not an issue either way, was just curious. If it's fine I might join one evening to see what the fad is about. If not it's all good, my nephew often enjoys my builds haha.

General Consensus is irrelevant when there are actual Leaderboard rules: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/18277-psnprofiles-leaderboard-rules-disputes

If you’re asking if they’re allowed, you’re asking if they’re allowed according to the leaderboard rules and that’s where you want to go to read the rules and confirm for yourself. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, GothGirlMaxine said:

To me, trophy realms or worlds are a personal choice, and personally I think of it as "not my profile, not my problem". 

If it is an in-game exploit like Minecraft is or Stranded Deep was, then it is considered all fine in terms of the site rules, no action is taken due to the widespread knowledge of such methods. But it does take away from the people who grinded their way to obtaining the platinum legitimately. 

That was my fear.

Well, I'm glad I stayed clear!

Edit: Thanks Daiv, stupid me didn't even think to look for those!

Edited by LastHelghast-
update