Platinum image difference?

I was looking at the lists and it looks like the plat images are slightly different. The PS4 list has "Felix the Cat" on the plat image, but PS5 list does not. I haven't seen this before...has anyone else?

PS4

1L464396.png

PS5

1L491675.png

Edited by MidnightDragon

54 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

I was looking at the lists and it looks like the plat images are slightly different. The PS4 list has "Felix the Cat" on the plat image, but PS5 list does not. I haven't seen this before...has anyone else?

PS4

Reveal hidden contents

1L464396.png

PS5

Reveal hidden contents

1L491675.png

Interesting. I'm pretty sure I have seen different plat images when it comes to PS4 and PS5 before. I just can't think of one off the top of my head. I believe one of them was an early cross gen game.

1 hour ago, MidnightDragon said:

PS4

Reveal hidden contents

1L464396.png

PS5

Reveal hidden contents

1L491675.png

Superliminal PS4 and PS5 platinum images are completely different. 

Shame the two platform stacks differ in this manner. The PS4 version’s list clearly has the better trophy images.

Edited by Dry
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

PS4

Hide contents

1L464396.png

PS5

Hide contents

1L491675.png

These tile issues are why I can't wait till we are only getting PS5 versions of games. Sonys decision to switch these tiles from rectangular to square has melted some developers brains. 

Edited by CB7Tuner91

7 hours ago, CB7Tuner91 said:

These tile issues are why I can't wait till we are only getting PS5 versions of games. Sonys decision to switch these tiles from rectangular to square has melted some developers brains. 

You say that, and I would agree somewhat, but still getting PS4 versions has been a saving grace in situations where the trophy system is broken by the PS5, Tomb Raider I-III for example. 

On 4/3/2024 at 6:04 AM, VeldinX said:

You say that, and I would agree somewhat, but still getting PS4 versions has been a saving grace in situations where the trophy system is broken by the PS5, Tomb Raider I-III for example. 

That's a really good point. That policy of collections only having one launcher on PS5 is ignorant. That was one of my favorite things about collections on PS4. Each game got its own trophy list. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CB7Tuner91 said:

That's a really good point. That policy of collections only having one launcher on PS5 is ignorant. That was one of my favorite things about collections on PS4. Each game got its own trophy list. 

Yeah, been that way since PS3. One of the things that’s made trophies unique over other platforms’ achievement systems. That and platinums of course, which Tomb Raider I-III also screwed up! 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1