Traveling the World - A Platinum Journey

Love the setup! Here's my list of platinums from different countries. Can't wait to see other people's platinums, it will be fun knowing what games might be from where and try it out for myself.

India- Venba

America- Fallout 4

Japan- Square Enix (Final Fantasy 1-8, then 15)

Egypt- Assassin Creed Origins

Greece- Assassin Creed Odyssey

Iraq- Assassin Creed Mirage

I'll have to check about the other platinums as I am unsure where they are set in or from (I think Freezer Pops might be Brazil and Life is Strange- True Colors is Canada?)

• Like 1

I don't know if I can do this event. I am very unsaavy when it comes to world geography. :lol:

The only places I can think of are Japan(big Square-Enix fan), America, and Sweden(Artifex Mundi is a developer from Sweden and I've played a lot of games there).

I know that the game's setting can be a factor for the list but there are so many countries and I don't think I could represent them all. Still, an interesting challenge. I probably won't participate but I wish anyone trying this insane challenge good luck. ;)

EDIT: I guess Castlevania would count toward Romania as Dracula originates in Transylvania, which is a district of Romania. :D

Edited by ProfSeajay7
  • Like 2

I....love....this....im in!

EDIT:  Actually, I'm not finding any game companies in places like Paraguay, places like Lithuania with like a single company with PlayStation titles, or places like Croatia and Estonia that only have a single studio who don't make PlayStation titles.  So I'm not sure it's even feasible to go to every country at this point.

Edit:  Never mind, I just saw this:  Another way is if the game itself is set at that particular location. The best part? It can be a platinum or 100%!

Edited by graphic_violins8
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Another biiiiig challenge here. Awesome :D

Question about games like Assassin's Creed Chronicles Trilogy Pack. It has three indipendent maps (India, China, Russia) combined into one :platinum:. Can i use either location for this event?

I thought they were seperate platinums? I say you can use either. I am pretty sure the games can be bought seperately so they must have plats without the pack, so add all three?). IMO I mean given it's including characters of that country, one could easily say Tekken 7 or 8 alone (I mean that's half of the world, minus South Asia, for some reason fighting games never add a South Asian character, or if they do, it's a very bad rep of one), due to the characters all being playable and from different countries.

• Like 1

Another Challenge that took ages to put together 😭
There's no way I'll ever complete this challenge, but I always wanted to see in which countries games I played were developed, so this gave me the necessary motivation to look them all up 👌

Africa 0/54

Spoiler

Nothing yet

Asia 4/48

Spoiler

China - ARK Park, Developer: Snail Games
Japan - Dark Souls, Developer: FromSoftware
Singapore - Cat Quest, Developer: The Gentlebros
South Korea - White Day: A Labyrinth named School, Developer: Sonnori

Europe 14/44

Spoiler

Denmark - Inside, Developer: Playdead

Finland - Morbid: The Seven Acolytes, Developer: Still Running

France - Prey, Developer: Arkane Studios
Germany - Risen 2, Developer: Piranha Bytes

Hungary - Chicken Police: Paint it RED, Developer: The Wild Gentlemen
Netherlands - Minit, Developer: Vlambeer
Norway - Conan Exiles, Developer: Funcom
Poland - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Developer: CD Project Red
Russia - Redeemer, Developer: Sobaka Studio
Sweden - Goat Simulator, Developer: Coffee Stain Studio
UK - Until Dawn, Developer: Supermassive Games
Ukraine - Metro 2033 Redux, Developer: 4A Games
Italy - Zombie Army 4: Dead War; most of the game takes place in Italy
Greece - God of War Ascension; the game technically takes place in Greece

Latin America 2/33

Spoiler

Argentina - MADiSON, Developer: Bloodious Games

Brazil - Momodora: Reverie under the Moonlight, Developer: Bombservice

Oceania 2/14

Spoiler

Australia - Just Ignore Them, Developer: Stranga Games
New Zealand - Bloons TD 5, Developer: Ninja Kiwi

Northern America 2/2 ✔️

Spoiler

Canada - Dauntless, Developer: Phoenix Labs

USA - Bioshock, Developer: Irrational Games

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Prince-Varuni said:

I thought they were seperate platinums? I say you can use either. I am pretty sure the games can be bought seperately so they must have plats without the pack, so add all three?). IMO I mean given it's including characters of that country, one could easily say Tekken 7 or 8 alone (I mean that's half of the world, minus South Asia, for some reason fighting games never add a South Asian character, or if they do, it's a very bad rep of one), due to the characters all being playable and from different countries.

So this touches on what I am wondering. Say you complete one of the CIV games (I mean, I won't complete one but let's just pretend for a moment). Would that be a check for each one of the countries represented? Or worse, what if you run through all those quiz games that takes a minute or two to complete, but you do all the different versions for the different countries (I actually don't know how many of those there are, but I feel like there are a lot). I guess I am just trying to figure out exactly what I am looking for when I go through my list of games. I kind of love this idea, but I don't want to make it lame when I compile my current list (because I can absolutely make a fun thing lame. Just ask my wife :) ). 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, AugustUnder said:

So this touches on what I am wondering. Say you complete one of the CIV games (I mean, I won't complete one but let's just pretend for a moment). Would that be a check for each one of the countries represented? Or worse, what if you run through all those quiz games that takes a minute or two to complete, but you do all the different versions for the different countries (I actually don't know how many of those there are, but I feel like there are a lot). I guess I am just trying to figure out exactly what I am looking for when I go through my list of games. I kind of love this idea, but I don't want to make it lame when I compile my current list (because I can absolutely make a fun thing lame. Just ask my wife :) ). 

I say so, I do have a question about CIV if you don't mind, is it respectful to other countries too? Like I am weary of buying those games, because of well, depending on the timeline and what content it is, I don't really feel comfortable playing the British against South Asians, just because there's very bad history behind. Thought of buying it and trying the trophies, but unsure.

@modest_undue1 Should we count the quizzes? I think they count as shovelware (Although it seems mostly aimed at Europe for quizes, and I think America), but I don't really mind about shovelware, I am just unsure about this part.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Prince-Varuni said:

I say so, I do have a question about CIV if you don't mind, is it respectful to other countries too? Like I am weary of buying those games, because of well, depending on the timeline and what content it is, I don't really feel comfortable playing the British against South Asians, just because there's very bad history behind. Thought of buying it and trying the trophies, but unsure.

@modest_undue1 Should we count the quizzes? I think they count as shovelware (Although it seems mostly aimed at Europe for quizes, and I think America), but I don't really mind about shovelware, I am just unsure about this part.

Shovelware would be too easy, but I guess you could do it.

• Like 1

This is interesting and i'm not even sure if it's possible to get 100% but i'll look through what I have.

Weird question though. Why split everything in North America south of the US and put in in South America? North America is recognized as 23 countries and you have it as 2.

Edited by DoctorDrPepper
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

This is interesting and i'm not even sure if it's possible to get 100% but i'll look through what I have.

Weird question though. Why split everything in North America south of the US and put in in South America? North America is recognized as 23 countries and you have it as 2.

They are part of Latin America

8 minutes ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

I was wondering that too. It's weird to see Mexico not in North America when it shares more boarder with the US than any Latin American countries.

• Like 1

Just now, MissShake said:

I was wondering that too. It's weird to see Mexico not in North America when it shares more boarder with the US than any Latin American countries.

I will fix it. My apologies

25 minutes ago, modest_undue1 said:

I will fix it. My apologies

I get what you did with the post now! While technically correct, I honestly recommend maybe splitting Latin American countries to the continent instead. It'll make the Americas a little easier for us that live here to read :)

• Like 1

Realpolitiks: New Power features all EXCEPT the following countries as playable entities:

Spoiler

Africa:

1. Lesotho
  2. Mauritius
  3. Eswatini
  4. Comoros
  5. Cabo Verde
  6. Sao Tome & Principe
  7. Seychelles

Latin America:

1. Bahamas
  2. Barbados
  3. Saint Lucia
  4. Grenada
  5. St. Vincent and Grenadines
  6. Antigua and Barbuda
  7. Dominica
  8. Saint Kitts & Nevis

Europe:

1. Andorra
  2. Lichtenstein
  3. Monaco
  4. San Marino
  5. Holy See

All Northern American countries represented.

Oceania:

1. Fiji
  2. Micronesia
  3. Vanuatu
  4. Samoa
  5. Kiribati
  6. Tonga
  7. Marshall Islands
  8. Palau
  9. Nauru
  10. Tuvalu

Asia:

1. Kuwait
  2. Qatar
  3. Bahrain
  4. Timor-Leste
  5. Maldives

I can pick off a few more from that list:

Spoiler

Oceania:

Fiji (Rugby Challenge 4)

Tonga (Rugby Challenge 4)

Samoa (Rugby Challenge 4)

Marshall Islands (Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers)

This leaves six Oceania countries:

1. Micronesia
  2. Vanuatu
  3. Kiribati
  4. Palau
  5. Nauru
  6. Tuvalu

Europe:

Monaco (F1 Race Stars)

This leaves the following European countries:

1. Andorra
  2. Lichtenstein
  3. San Marino
  4. Holy See

Latin America:

Bahamas (Olympic Games: Tokyo 2020)

All of the following are playable as member states of the West Indies in Cricket 22:

1. Barbados
  2. Saint Lucia
  3. Grenada
  4. St. Vincent and Grenadines
  5. Antigua and Barbuda
  6. Dominica
  7. Saint Kitts & Nevis

If all of the above are accepted, that means I've finished Latin America as well :)

Edited by VersusCA
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, VersusCA said:

Realpolitiks: New Power features all EXCEPT the following countries as playable entities:

Hide contents

Africa:

1. Lesotho
  2. Mauritius
  3. Eswatini
  4. Comoros
  5. Cabo Verde
  6. Sao Tome & Principe
  7. Seychelles

Latin America:

1. Bahamas
  2. Barbados
  3. Saint Lucia
  4. Grenada
  5. St. Vincent and Grenadines
  6. Antigua and Barbuda
  7. Dominica
  8. Saint Kitts & Nevis

Europe:

1. Andorra
  2. Lichtenstein
  3. Monaco
  4. San Marino
  5. Holy See

All Northern American countries represented.

Oceania:

1. Fiji
  2. Micronesia
  3. Vanuatu
  4. Samoa
  5. Kiribati
  6. Tonga
  7. Marshall Islands
  8. Palau
  9. Nauru
  10. Tuvalu

Asia:

1. Kuwait
  2. Qatar
  3. Bahrain
  4. Timor-Leste
  5. Maldives

I can pick off a few more from that list:

Hide contents

Oceania:

Fiji (Rugby Challenge 4)

Tonga (Rugby Challenge 4)

Samoa (Rugby Challenge 4)

Marshall Islands (Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers)

This leaves six Oceania countries:

1. Micronesia
  2. Vanuatu
  3. Kiribati
  4. Palau
  5. Nauru
  6. Tuvalu

Europe:

Monaco (F1 Race Stars)

This leaves the following European countries:

1. Andorra
  2. Lichtenstein
  3. San Marino
  4. Holy See

Latin America:

Bahamas (Olympic Games: Tokyo 2020)

All of the following are playable as member states of the West Indies in Cricket 22:

1. Barbados
  2. Saint Lucia
  3. Grenada
  4. St. Vincent and Grenadines
  5. Antigua and Barbuda
  6. Dominica
  7. Saint Kitts & Nevis

If all of the above are accepted, that means I've finished Latin America as well :)

Thank you!

20 hours ago, Prince-Varuni said:

I thought they were seperate platinums? I say you can use either. I am pretty sure the games can be bought seperately so they must have plats without the pack, so add all three?

Assassin's Creed Chronicle's three parts can be bought individually but have no :platinum: in this case. Only the Trilogy Pack which combines all three parts has for either PS4 or Vita has a :platinum: so there are 2 :platinum: you can get.

Another question related to another Assassin's Creed game :D AC Revelations is set in Istanbul but back when it was part of the Ottoman Empire. Can i use it for Turkey? Turkey is the heir of the Ottoman Empire

• Like 1

So here's my existing breakdown:

North America - 2/3

Spoiler

United States - Fear Ahead Studios - Interaction Isn't Explicit

Canada - Ubisoft Montreal - Far Cry 3
Mexico - None Yet

Europe - 7/44

Spoiler
  1. Russia
  2. Germany
  3. United Kingdom - ustwo Games - Alba: A Wildlife Adventure
  4. France
  5. Italy - 3d Clouds - FAST & FURIOUS: SPY RACERS RISE OF SH1FT3R 
  6. Spain - Nomada Games - Gris
  7. Poland - Phobia Game Studios - Carrion
  8. Ukraine
  9. Romania
  10. Netherlands - Guerilla Games - Killzone Liberation
  11. Belguim
  12. Sweden
  13. Czech Republic
  14. Greece
  15. Portugal
  16. Hungary
  17. Belarus
  18. Austria
  19. Switzerland - Conradical Games - The Outbound Ghost
  20. Serbia
  21. Bulgaria
  22. Denmark
  23. Slovakia
  24. Finland - Cornfox and Bros - Oceanhorn 2
  25. Norway
  26. Ireland
  27. Croatia
  28. Moldova
  29. Bosnia and Herzegovina
  30. Albania
  31. Lithuania
  32. Slovenia
  33. North Macedonia
  34. Latvia
  35. Estonia
  36. Luxembourg
  37. Montenegro
  38. Malta
  39. Iceland
  40. Andorra
  41. Leichenstein
  42. Monaco
  43. San Marino
  44. Holy See

Asia 2/48

Spoiler
  1. India
  2. China - Silver Lining Studio - Behind the Frame
  3. Indonesia
  4. Pakistan
  5. Bangladesh
  6. Japan - Tose - Final Fantasy (Pixel Remaster)
  7. Philippines
  8. Vietnam
  9. Iran
  10. Turkiye
  11. Thailand
  12. Myanmar
  13. South Korea
  14. Iraq
  15. Afghanistan
  16. Saudi Arabia
  17. Uzbekistan
  18. Yemen
  19. Malaysia
  20. Nepal
  21. North Korea 
  22. Syria
  23. Sri Lanka
  24. Kazakhstan
  25. Cambodia
  26. Jordan
  27. Azerbaijan
  28. Tajikistan
  29. United Arab Emirates
  30. Israel
  31. Laos
  32. Kyrgyzstan
  33. Turkmenistan
  34. Singapore
  35. State of Palestine
  36. Lebanon
  37. Oman
  38. Kuwait
  39. Georgia
  40. Mongolia
  41. Armenia
  42. Qatar
  43. Bahrain
  44. Timor-Leste
  45. Cyprus
  46. Bhutan
  47. Maldives
  48. Brunei

Nothing from the others just yet, but I'll be working on it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Assassin's Creed Chronicle's three parts can be bought individually but have no :platinum: in this case. Only the Trilogy Pack which combines all three parts has for either PS4 or Vita has a :platinum: so there are 2 :platinum: you can get.

Another question related to another Assassin's Creed game :D AC Revelations is set in Istanbul but back when it was part of the Ottoman Empire. Can i use it for Turkey? Turkey is the heir of the Ottoman Empire

Uh, yeah you can do that.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Yup!

• Like 1