Ps3 games digital or disc games

MikTrophies

32 minutes ago, MikTrophies said:

Hi I  got my ps3 3 days ago and 12GB super slim just asking if will upgrade hard drive or buy disc games?

How many games have you got to get you started? 12 GB isn't much space, but not every disc game needs space for the entire disc on the drive. 

See how many games you can play before you need to replace the drive, then do it then.

50 minutes ago, Remilia Scarlet said:

All PS3 HDDs are upgradeable. You might as well because 12 GB is not going to give you any mileage whatsoever.

This^

You will burn through 12gb very quickly, depending on the games you're after so I would upgrade to a 500gb drive at the bare minimum.

I got a good few years out of a 12 GB. If you have some PS3 games on PS Plus, definitely upgrade, and some rare games are cheaper digitally, but you can get a lot out of playing discs. Just beware the extremely large installs like MGS4.

Really depends, I'm guessing you don't have many digital games? If that's the case then definitely buy Discs, 99% will play on a 12gb PS3 and a large portion have no install other than a tiny update. 

But SSDs are so cheap now, it's a no brainer imo. 

12GB is definitely nothing, although you can dowload things on a PS3 without meeting the ceiling.

I always had a 500gb one and I still have more than 100gb available, that's having more than a hundred demos, games, or trials installed from different stores.

With the slow download speeds, I'd recommend you to upgrade and you'll never have to uninstall anything again.

Edited by Jeanolt