Anyone else having problems downloading the new version?

RedDevil757

I own fallout 4 on disc and the season pass. Because I'm lazy I purchased the digital version in the sale as it was super cheap. Just the standard version. Once the transaction went through it showed the game of the year version (that's not odd it's done that before when you own all the extras)

Went on today to download it and it's gone from my purchases list. Just shows I own it on disc. All the dlc is untied to the account. It's like I've bought the season pass but never downloaded the dlc...

Anyway the ps5 version doesn't show as free. The DLC has two entries for each one. All showing as free. Both with the PS4/ps5 label.

Wtf do I download?... I don't want another entry on my download list with dlc repeated 🙁 also what gives with no option to upgrade? Why is it not showing in my recent purchases either 🙁 I really don't wanna have to deal with their customer support again

Edited by RedDevil757

I was having issues earlier, as I too have the standard edition on disc and bought the Season Pass. I installed the game the other day in preparation for this, but when I tried to download the PS5 version today it kept showing me a price with the DLC showing as Free. I had to put the disc in and everything changed it started showing the PS5 version for Free as well as a Download button for the DLC. Now, why it's not counting the fact that you bought the Digital version? I don't know. But try putting the disc in and see that allows it. 

14 minutes ago, Viper said:

I was having issues earlier, as I too have the standard edition on disc and bought the Season Pass. I installed the game the other day in preparation for this, but when I tried to download the PS5 version today it kept showing me a price with the DLC showing as Free. I had to put the disc in and everything changed it started showing the PS5 version for Free as well as a Download button for the DLC. Now, why it's not counting the fact that you bought the Digital version? I don't know. But try putting the disc in and see that allows it. 

Do you see multiples of the dlc?

10 minutes ago, Viper said:

Yeah it shows double of everything. 

I'm gonna hold off on the DLC. I don't want more multiples. I have 3 of the same dlc listed for infamous second son. Infact I have 3 of the game itself in my library lol Theres another game, I forget which but that shows dlc for other games in that's list 😆

I don't know what double means but this is what I did to get me the PS5 GOTY version show as purchased.

I used the app, went to my PS4 FO4 and addon then manually added to library each that was "free" since I had bought the season pass. Then choose version and picked PS5 upgrade. Added to library then the GOTY version showed bought for PS4 and PS5. Before doing thatI had to buy the GOTY. But now it's purchased. 😁

Edited by Fing3rButt3r3

2 minutes ago, Fing3rButt3r3 said:

I don't know what double means but this is what I did to get me the PS5 GOTY version show as purchased.

I used the app, went to my PS4 FO4 and addon then manually added to library each that was "free" since I had bought the season pass. Then choose version and picked PS5 upgrade. Added to library then the GOTY version showed bought for PS4 and PS5. 

I have two of everything dlc wise

Personally, I had no issues downloading anything it was all very smooth and simple. My save data was transferred well too (although I bought the digital PS4 version a while back). My trophies didn't auto-pop though so I started a new character since I didn't make it too far with my original. 

Unfortunately, the PS5 version crashed within the first hour of play. I was making my way over to the first town for the first major quest and it crashed. I've never had a game crash within the first hour. Usually that happens after 30+ hours or more. Hopefully, they're looking into fixing some of these technical issues because I can't stand it when games crash. 

I recently bought the GOTY on disc and got the DLC from the code that came with that. Just checked and I got the PS5 version of the game as a free download despite never having even put in the disc of the PS4 one, so the system recognizes if I have that code I also must have the disc.