Level 50 online with collector

I'm trying to reach level 50 online by collecting things with the collector role, but I have read that this method has been nerfed by Rockstar by randomizing some sets. 

Apparently the randomized sets are all those that require the metal detector. 

So my question is, is still worth buying the metal detector or it's better to just focus on the non random sets? I'm currently level 27 and my plus subscription expire in 25 days, so I want to get it done before that date. 

From what I remember when I played about a year ago, even if you don't get the full sets you still get some odd 100-or-so exp per thing you dig up, so while it's not much individually it'll still build up rather quickly if you go for map-cleansing runs. Though that requires quite a bit of time each day, and I can't imagine you'll have any problems finishing it before your subscription expires even if you just go for the set sets each day. You might even get lucky so May is a Collector Bonus Month.

• Like 1

the collector is still worth going for not just for money but because it is easy plus within afew days it pays out about 1k if you get a number of sets but your also better off doing that and having another role type like trader it will max out your daily income so to speak

I just started the collector role today. 

The items that are not rng are all card packs, the American plants, the alcohol bottles, the eggs, and the hair clips or whatever they're. I spent my entire friggin day off doing three sets of 3 hours with a break between each one. I ended up being able to do two sets of flowers and all those I mentioned above and I went from level 29 to level 37 as well as rank 18 for collector. Made about $2500+ as I had to buy the metal detector. But I managed to make enough to buy the last horse so just level 50 trophy before I can go and enjoy the single player. 

I couldn't do it every day, but it has to be the quickest XP method available. Will be sick as a dog if it turns out May's double/triple bonuses are collector items haha. But it could make finishing it off easier. 

@Play3GianniGreed My subscription runs out around then two. We must have had the same idea haha. 

Edited by DanteIshimura
  • Like 1

Thanks for the answers. 

Money in the game it's not an issue, I just want to finish as quickly as possible, I'm playing the game from January, I'm burnt out. 

I bought the metal detector, and I have reached level 32 by collecting one set of flowers and all sets of cards. I will keep on keeping on, as they say in Death Stranding. 

Posted (edited)

So, naturalist, bounty hunter and trader have the 2X bonus, collector don't. 

EDIT: 

When I pick the collectibles the experience I get it's the normal. It's only when you sell complete set that you get the bonus? 

Edited by Play3GianniGreed

13 hours ago, Play3GianniGreed said:

So, naturalist, bounty hunter and trader have the 2X bonus, collector don't. 

EDIT: 

When I pick the collectibles the experience I get it's the normal. It's only when you sell complete set that you get the bonus? 

Correct unfortunately. It would have been awesome. Yesterday I went from 37 to 44 just playing the featured series event. It seems to be only a team death match mode, and even though I lose more than I win, I still rank up quicker than normal due to the XP bonuses. Hopefully be level 50 in a few more days. 

I have reached level 50 yesterday with the bonus. I had some complete set on me already, and when delivered I went from 37 to 48 and then I just had to complete 3 more sets to get to 50. Got the platinum. 

Thanks to the bonus it was more easy. 

5 hours ago, Play3GianniGreed said:

I have reached level 50 yesterday with the bonus. I had some complete set on me already, and when delivered I went from 37 to 48 and then I just had to complete 3 more sets to get to 50. Got the platinum. 

Thanks to the bonus it was more easy. 

Congrats. I just got to level 50 myself. Took 7 days to get all online trophies done, only three of my holidays wasted. Man, aside from the co-op story missions the online is absolute dog turd. This was released 5 years or so after GTAO and it's like they didn't learn a single thing or bring inspiration from it. Utter kack. 

Saying that though. I put a lot of the criticism on myself as I've clearly been rushing and stressing just to get the online done. If I managed to get the plat in a few weeks/month or so, I may well go back to the online and try to see if I enjoy it a lot more. Though with GTAV it was the opposite, I thought the story was shite and enjoyed the multiplayer far more.  

I don't like the online portion of games, and I generally don't play games that involves online trophies. 

I did an exception for Red Dead 2 because I wanted to make it my 300th platinum. 

The online in Red dead 2 isn't bad, but there isn't very much to do. 

Problem is that in this game, like many other, people behave like idiots. Many times I was minding my own business, but as soon I met another human player, they just start shooting for no reason, or failing missions that requires collaboration on purpose by quitting or failing the objectives. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

So, I'm happy to have finished it. 

Posted (edited)

This is really the worst and unbalanced MP I've ever played. Annoying people which dolph and dive more than any guys from a bo2 lobby + one shots you at any moment in free roam. Starting the MP before the story itself was a dumb idea.  I liked MP on RDR 1 but this is a mess lol.

Ps: and idk why but I picked collectors role at the beginning of the game. I'm level 10 now. Collected stuff here and there and it's still grey. It doesn't work for some reason.

Edited by ShadyWARcotix

@kenseizenkai idk which post it was but it was a lifesaver. I usually don't rage at games but RDR 2 MP was the most annoying and unbalanced MP I've ever played (I liked the MP in other R* games). Got one shotted online or annoyed while doing stranger missions. Since I've bought the Collectors bag, a shovel and a metal detector I was in peace. Defensive mode on, collect stuff and enjoy the atmosphere.

I still played A LITTLE BIT online after collecting eveeytjing map Since it's quadruple XP going on but like I said tdm is ass in this game.

Only few misc and 17 levels left and I'm done. Since not caring about annoying no life people online it was a more enjoyable game and I loved the whole open world. Will take a break when MP is finished but I'm really excited to give this game a shot. It will also my 600 milestone (will be a long way). Cheers and have a good one.

• Like 1

Hi guys sorry to sneak in. I’ve had this game in the backlog probably since it was released. I was dreading the online part the most, but now I’ve read that there’s an extra XP event I might give it a go at least until the event ends.

Is MP a separate game? Can it be started at any point? I’ve read it’s only on collector mode, is it doable from scratch at this point?

Thanks for the tips!

54 minutes ago, marius_maximus said:

Hi guys sorry to sneak in. I’ve had this game in the backlog probably since it was released. I was dreading the online part the most, but now I’ve read that there’s an extra XP event I might give it a go at least until the event ends.

Is MP a separate game? Can it be started at any point? I’ve read it’s only on collector mode, is it doable from scratch at this point?

Thanks for the tips!

Yes it’s separate and yes you can start it whenever you want. It might be a little dead but still doable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marius_maximus said:

Thanks for the tips!

If you own RDR2 then you have access to the online multiplayer, no need to buy the separate release. Best way to level up is the Collector role, the trophy guide here is helpful enough to get you started.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, I-SilentEcho-I said:

If you own RDR2 then you have access to the online multiplayer, no need to buy the separate release. Best way to level up is the Collector role, the trophy guide here is helpful enough to get you started.

10 hours ago, Feral said:

Yes it’s separate and yes you can start it whenever you want. It might be a little dead but still doable.

Thanks for the replies guys! I’ve decided to give it a go. I’m following the guide as you suggested but it takes forever to get the gold bars… the story missions take forever as well since they’re really apart from each other on the map. Is there any shortcut to get them?

Also I’ve noticed that collector mode is only 2x XP instead of 4x.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, marius_maximus said:

Thanks for the replies guys! I’ve decided to give it a go. I’m following the guide as you suggested but it takes forever to get the gold bars… the story missions take forever as well since they’re really apart from each other on the map. Is there any shortcut to get them?

It's still awesome. I started last Friday (did few trophies in January) and collected all the stuff on the map on a few days and sold all collections I got. Now I'm done with MP trophies.

When you get the metal detector it's over. You get so much xp (between 100 - 300) for each collectible  and collection sets are also worth 3000xp.

I usually don't do these stuff I wad also short on gold bars but buty the 10 gold bars for 5 euros. It's a time and stress saver and after that go do Madame Nazar, buy the Collectors bag and start collecting. 

Here is the site for the collectibles:

jeanropke.github.io

You can hide the yellow ones in the beginning because for these you need a shovel or metal detector..

When you are  level 5 with a collector role buy the metal detector hide the white ones and only collect the yellow ones.

Edited by ShadyWARcotix

5 hours ago, marius_maximus said:

No worries. Yeah unfortunately it’s a bit slow getting there at first with the gold. I know you can access the story missions if you pause and the menu says story or progress and replay them there. But I don’t think you can do that before you’ve played them once 🤔 It’s hard to remember because it’s been a while since I played online.

On 5/8/2024 at 9:59 AM, Feral said:

No worries. Yeah unfortunately it’s a bit slow getting there at first with the gold. I know you can access the story missions if you pause and the menu says story or progress and replay them there. But I don’t think you can do that before you’ve played them once 🤔 It’s hard to remember because it’s been a while since I played online.

On 5/8/2024 at 6:45 AM, ShadyWARcotix said:

It's still awesome. I started last Friday (did few trophies in January) and collected all the stuff on the map on a few days and sold all collections I got. Now I'm done with MP trophies.

When you get the metal detector it's over. You get so much xp (between 100 - 300) for each collectible  and collection sets are also worth 3000xp.

I usually don't do these stuff I wad also short on gold bars but buty the 10 gold bars for 5 euros. It's a time and stress saver and after that go do Madame Nazar, buy the Collectors bag and start collecting. 

Here is the site for the collectibles:

jeanropke.github.io

You can hide the yellow ones in the beginning because for these you need a shovel or metal detector..

When you are  level 5 with a collector role buy the metal detector hide the white ones and only collect the yellow ones.

Thanks again for your replies. I ended up getting the gold bars for 5€ because it was literally taking forever.

I managed to go through the white collectibles so that I could buy the shovel and the metal detector but now what I can see from the collector map is that most of the yellow collectibles are random findings, so it’s quite difficult to gather the full set. 

So my question now is: is it worth getting the random yellow collectibles and selling them separately eventually or is it more efficient selling full sets even if they’re white collectibles (tarot cards, alcohol bottles, plants and family jewels)?

Thanks again for your patience guys

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, marius_maximus said:

Thanks again for your replies. I ended up getting the gold bars for 5€ because it was literally taking forever.

I managed to go through the white collectibles so that I could buy the shovel and the metal detector but now what I can see from the collector map is that most of the yellow collectibles are random findings, so it’s quite difficult to gather the full set. 

So my question now is: is it worth getting the random yellow collectibles and selling them separately eventually or is it more efficient selling full sets even if they’re white collectibles (tarot cards, alcohol bottles, plants and family jewels)?

Thanks again for your patience guys

Lol saved yourself some hassle.

I think the jewellery and the alcohol sets sell for the most. So they’re the best to focus on. I could be wrong though. Absolutely sell them separately, obviously you get more for a full set but you still get a good bit of money and it’s less time consuming separately.

Don’t go out of your way but if a plant, tarot card or bird egg is near you grab it for extra money.

Yes that makes sense… I was aiming at the XP rather than the money, since you’ll get enough money to cover all the MP trophies regardless. But I guess it applies to XP as well, I’m just not sure if the 2xp bonus applies to separate items as well…