PAC-MAN Mega Tunnel Battle Chomp Champs trophy thoughts

The deluxe edition of this game comes with a whole week of early access for just $30. Not a bad price and this list looks like it'll keep you busy for a while. The game is also listed as Single Player, so i'm wondering if we can get the platinum against bots in local matches through an internet connection that'll track and keep your stats.

Unfortunately, Training mode is the only solo mode. There's no private lobby with bots.

You can actually 4 stacks with friends just like other BR games for boosting for some tricky trophies, but I cant confirm if it's working.

24 minutes ago, K4yzros said:

Unfortunately, Training mode is the only solo mode. There's no private lobby with bots.

You can actually 4 stacks with friends just like other BR games for boosting for some tricky trophies, but I cant confirm if it's working.

That's too bad. Then I'll pass.

The trophies for the most part are very doable just by playing. I'm not a very good pac man player and won around 10 Elimination matches already. The real tricky trophies are the points related ones. I really have no idea how you can score 100k in such a short period of time. And there's also a lot of grind trophies that will take ages to get.

Posted (edited)

to get the points trophy i'm thinking you need 4 people working together.  You don't have to kill each other.  You can work together to get hight scores.  Unfortunately it's hard to find a lobby where at least one or two people aren't trying to win by killing your pac-man.  When i got the 50,000 point trophy everyone was leaving each other alone and clearing the boards.  Unfortunately, about the time we hit 50,000 they started getting aggressive so I was unable to go for the 100,000.  I'd imagine by the time a person gets the grind trophies they will get it though.  game is a lot of fun.

To be clear though you have to have real people to go for points.  The bots die too quick to hit 50,000 let alone 100,000

Edited by steel6burgh

I dont even think this game is 100% doable. I could be wrong, but the fact nobody got every single achievements on Stadia, I guess some of these required pure luck or some are bugged.

The trophy Mine! really bother me. Because I could only do 2-3 ownership every game and it required 10 to unlock it. How is that even possible to get that number when matches take 5 minutes?

On 5/2/2024 at 8:28 PM, K4yzros said:

I dont even think this game is 100% doable. I could be wrong, but the fact nobody got every single achievements on Stadia, I guess some of these required pure luck or some are bugged.

The trophy Mine! really bother me. Because I could only do 2-3 ownership every game and it required 10 to unlock it. How is that even possible to get that number when matches take 5 minutes?

It’s possible to get the Mine trophy, we just need a large group to communicate with because the bots die too fast

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, XxEXiiiSTeNzXx said:

What justifies "ownership" being in the maze when no other pac is there or eating the last dot in the maze. Bc I was in 12 mazes without other pacs 

Also seems impossible to have 5pacs in my maze lol

I’m afraid it has to be clearing the mazes with no other pacs inside. If you only see your name at the top when inside a maze, you’ll be the owner after clearing the maze. I don’t think it counts if you enter an empty maze and it changes when you die.

For the 100,000 points meanwhile, even when you’re in a party with other players, the game only tracks YOUR score and doesn’t pool together with the other players.

But, by having another player in the same maze as you, you can divide and conquer the maze levels to reach the 100,000 points. What I mean is, one player takes the left side and the other player takes the right. When a player eats a Power Pellet, we wait until the ghosts start flashing white before consuming the next Power Pellet. This way, it controls the pace in our favor while we clear out the PAC-Dots in the maze.

We also utilize the power-ups when possible to get us out of tight situations and always avoided the red ones, especially the one that increases ghost speed.

Lastly, the highest fruit value is the pineapple at 2,000 points, so be sure to eat it whenever it spawns for more points. Chaining ghosts during a power pellet also helps, but don’t get too greedy on doing so, as it’ll otherwise cost you a life in the run.

When you’re both the final two players in the match and the same maze, try not to eat each other by accident. Communication is key when boosting this trophy in the same party and maze. If someone is low on lives, look for an extra life power-up whenever it arrives in the maze and let your partner take it, so they have more mistakes to fall back on and avoid being eliminated.

Edited by Lil-Gameboy123
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

This might be premature to ask as I've only been playing the game an hour or so but does anybody know how to get the trophies for clearing other people's mazes? I believe I've done so a few times now but no trophy so I may not understand the requirement 

Edit: 
Yeah I asked prematurely, I didn't know to look at the top of the screen for map ownership

Edited by distressedjazz

On 5/6/2024 at 3:51 PM, Lil-Gameboy123 said:

I’m afraid it has to be clearing the mazes with no other pacs inside. If you only see your name at the top when inside a maze, you’ll be the owner after clearing the maze. I don’t think it counts if you enter an empty maze and it changes when you die.

For the 100,000 points meanwhile, even when you’re in a party with other players, the game only tracks YOUR score and doesn’t pool together with the other players.

But, by having another player in the same maze as you, you can divide and conquer the maze levels to reach the 100,000 points. What I mean is, one player takes the left side and the other player takes the right. When a player eats a Power Pellet, we wait until the ghosts start flashing white before consuming the next Power Pellet. This way, it controls the pace in our favor while we clear out the PAC-Dots in the maze.

We also utilize the power-ups when possible to get us out of tight situations and always avoided the red ones, especially the one that increases ghost speed.

Lastly, the highest fruit value is the pineapple at 2,000 points, so be sure to eat it whenever it spawns for more points. Chaining ghosts during a power pellet also helps, but don’t get too greedy on doing so, as it’ll otherwise cost you a life in the run.

When you’re both the final two players in the match and the same maze, try not to eat each other by accident. Communication is key when boosting this trophy in the same party and maze. If someone is low on lives, look for an extra life power-up whenever it arrives in the maze and let your partner take it, so they have more mistakes to fall back on and avoid being eliminated.

The bots die way too fast to gain ownership of 10 makes. I feel like that trophy is gonna be a thorn in my side

On 5/11/2024 at 6:54 AM, XxEXiiiSTeNzXx said:

The bots die way too fast to gain ownership of 10 makes. I feel like that trophy is gonna be a thorn in my side

I genuinely think the trophy is impossible with the current player-base being so limiting. 

The only way I see this trophy happening is if the game gets a big spike in popularity and has an active player-base or via a massive coordinated boost with at least 10 players involved (though more would be preferable due to the maze condensing) :( 

Friendly neighbourhood Steam user popping in to say "Mine", is achievable. You only need 2 players to unlock it, but it does take some time. Just switch mazes with other player, clear maze, switch back, clear maze, repeat. It doesn't actually have to be 10 different mazes.

"Ultra Point Combo", can be done with just 3 players. First players eats power pellet eats two players, they respawn and run into first player.

Apparently you can get "Party Time" solo if you get very lucky, but if you have four players in a party, you just need to lure a bot or a different player in.

"Party Time" unlocked for our whole party at the same time after the 5th player entered and didn't seem like it mattered who the owner of the maze was.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, LordAshPudding said:

Friendly neighbourhood Steam user popping in to say "Mine", is achievable. You only need 2 players to unlock it, but it does take some time. Just switch mazes with other player, clear maze, switch back, clear maze, repeat. It doesn't actually have to be 10 different mazes.

"Ultra Point Combo", can be done with just 3 players. First players eats power pellet eats two players, they respawn and run into first player.

Apparently you can get "Party Time" solo if you get very lucky, but if you have four players in a party, you just need to lure a bot or a different player in.

"Party Time" unlocked for our whole party at the same time after the 5th player entered and didn't seem like it mattered who the owner of the maze was.

Thank you for finally clearing this confusion on the Mine trophy, as absolutely nobody on either platform has the trophy. I’ll give your idea a try and see what happens.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lil-Gameboy123 said:

Thank you for finally clearing this confusion on the Mine trophy, as absolutely nobody on either platform has the trophy. I’ll give your idea a try and see what happens.

It's a pleasure. 

We noticed there was no info on the topic so we had to try a few things before we figured it out.

One last thing. Dying in the maze will change the arena to your background, but it won't count as change of ownership until the maze has been fully cleared.

• Like 2

On 5/15/2024 at 3:23 PM, LordAshPudding said:

It's a pleasure. 

We noticed there was no info on the topic so we had to try a few things before we figured it out.

One last thing. Dying in the maze will change the arena to your background, but it won't count as change of ownership until the maze has been fully cleared.

YOUR STRATEGY WORKED!!! ME AND @GazerHydra26 are officially the first achievers of the Mine! Trophy on the PS4 version. Thank you so much!

• Like 1

So I got some good news and bad news: the good news is that my stats and in game trophy progress is shared between both the PS4 and PS5. The grindy trophies so far have also autopopped just by playing an Elimination game and meeting their requirements (50k and 100k popped after just one pac dot for example).

However, there’s some bad news on the trophy progress. The situational trophies such as Mine!, Ultra Points Combo, and Party Time did not autopop, despite my stats saying I have the trophy. It makes no sense for the game to tell me I have the trophy, but I need to do them again to pop said trophies.

Lastly, the Training Mode trophy is bugged because I completed it a few times and it still won’t pop that one trophy. I guess after claiming the reward on one platform stack, you can’t on the other.

This game overall is due for some patch fixes and fix that one training trophy.

Edited by Lil-Gameboy123