Turbo controller recommendation

tonkie18

Can someone point me in the right direction of a Turbo controller? I’m in the UK and struggling to find one where the reviews aren’t all ‘didn’t work’ ?

Bomberman is on my backlog and having just reached 1000 blocks/bombs and knowing I have another 999,000 to go is soul destroying. 

If it works with PS5 that’s great, but if not I can use my PS4. 

Thanks in advance!

Edited by tonkie18
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

Like title says can anyone send me a link to a good working Turbo controller am trying to go for level 100 trophy and would like to get a Turbo controller. I just bought one recently but it doesn't want to Turbo so need to return it

6 minutes ago, Momoshiki1 said:

How do you Turbo the controller does it come with instructions? 

It does but i had it set to while the turbo button is pressed to repeat the assigned button and so i rubbed banded the turbo button and right to make the character to walk right and hit

6 minutes ago, Momoshiki1 said:

How do you Turbo the controller does it come with instructions? 

You hold the turbo button down and press the button you want turbo to be activated on. After that the turbo light will turn solid green. Now you just have to hold down the turbo'd button and it will rapidly press the button for you

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

You hold the turbo button down and press the button you want turbo to be activated on. After that the turbo light will turn solid green. Now you just have to hold down the turbo'd button and it will rapidly press the button for you

We're talking about the Hori Pad FPS Plus right not any turbo controller? The one clearvhs posted?

13 minutes ago, ClearVHS said:

It does but i had it set to while the turbo button is pressed to repeat the assigned button and so i rubbed banded the turbo button and right to make the character to walk right and hit

The Hori Pad FPS Plus you bought came from japan?

Edited by Momoshiki1

8 hours ago, Momoshiki1 said:

We're talking about the Hori Pad FPS Plus right not any turbo controller? The one clearvhs posted?

The Hori Pad FPS Plus you bought came from japan?

Yes came from Japan

7 hours ago, Momoshiki1 said:

Thank you to all that replied I know which turbo controller I'll buy. The Hori Pad FPS Plus

Enjoy

Posted (edited)

I use this controller paddles for my PS4 controllers if I need to boost something, link is from german Amazon, no idea if they are available in the UK. You can just program it to whatever button combos you need and let it repeat rapid etc. You can just attach it to your controller.

"Controller Paddles, für PS4 Gamepad Controller Back Paddles Adapter Multifunktions Ergonomische 10 Key Mappings Back Button Attachment"

https://amzn.eu/d/64m4Tq9

Edited by Yoey_666

Posted (edited)

My go-to is the Hori Pad FPS Plus as with most people in the thread. Has basically all the buttons and sticks you would need for normal control and it has adjustable turbo speeds, auto-turbo on everything other than the d-pad (hold-to-turbo only) and the start/select buttons (cannot be turboed at all), and the ability to turbo multiple buttons at once.

As far as operations, press a button while holding the turbo button to turn turbo on (turbo light will light up green while your turboed button isn't held and will start flashing on and off when the button is held down). Press that same button again while holding the turbo button and the button will auto-turbo so it doesn't need to be held down (light will flash on and off while turboed button is not held down and will light up solid green when held down to pause the turbo). Pressing the button a third time while holding down the turbo button will turn off turbo for the button. Keep in mind that while you can turbo multiple buttons at once, the turbo light will only flash according to the setting of the first button you set to turbo so, for example, if you set the :square: button to auto-turbo mode and then set :cross: to hold-to-turbo, the turbo light will still flicker on and off by default accounting for the first button which is set to auto-turbo.

To change your turbo speed, hold the turbo button and flick the right stick up or down depending on how fast or slow you want the turbo to go. Your turbo speed setting will be reflected in how fast the turbo light flickers on and off while turboing a button. This can be useful for games which either fail to detect higher turbo speeds (i.e. most Compile Heart games) or otherwise have turbo checks in place that treat sufficiently fast turbo speeds the same as idling (i.e. Dreams).

Also keep in mind that while turbo controllers abound for the PS3 and PS4, I'm not aware of any PS5 turbo controllers in existence (at least not as far as anything officially licensed). If you do ever need turbo for a PS5 game, you can use Remote Play on a PS4 to feed the inputs from a PS4-compatible turbo controller to a PS5 game just fine, with the only real flaws being the possibility of internet lag/disconnections (YMMV based on your internet speeds; I have no issues with this, though I also have very good Ethernet connections on basically every console I can wire to) and of course, needing a PS4 out and plugged in to do this.

Edited by Walt the Dog
  • Like 1