Console ban?

JackBoug

So this guy has hacked into my playstation account and said that he is going to console ban me, can he do that? All he has done i got onto my account, I've changed my password but i'm not sure if he's being serious or not

Don´t worry he can´t ban your console.

Edited by FunOnlyToMe

How did he contact you and tell you he was going to console ban you? 

If you're worried you could contact Sony with the information you have on him, but I doubt he can do anything since you've changed your password. Check you message box, has he sent a bunch of nasty messages to people? If not, don't worry about anything. 

Parker

This still makes zero sense, you say he forced you sign out by signing else where but couldnt that just be you disconnecting for whatever reason? Unless he changed something in the account i see no reason to believe it was 'hacked' in the first place.

He can't console ban you, no. But he can get your account in trouble if he had any control of it, because he could have gone and done something against the terms of service or user end agreements, etc. People on the internet can be pretty ridiculous.

My guess is he either phished you through means of "Yo check out my PSN!" on a website that looked as if it was a Sony website, to which you may have put your login information into, or you may have malware on your computer that has logged your keystrokes, so when you did log into something with your PSN info, he got it through those means. Or maybe he was standing behind you as you were signing into PSN and just wrote down your credentials.  :unsure:

As long as you do a quick virus scan on your computer and have changed your PSN password, you should be alright.

Edited by Gravesound
  • Like 1

PSN id ban - if he has your login details, then yes. If you changed your password, then no.

Console ban - not unless he's sitting in front of your PS3, which is on CFW, and it's accessing the PSN.

He's yanking your chain. Report him to Sony for threatening / menacing you and see how he likes it.