Is this easier than the rather horrendous cool boarders 1?

mike_87

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, ChibsSoA said:

I would say that any classics released that aren't mainstream games are going to just not be worth your time. I say that as someone who grew up with the launch of PSX and had one as a kid, and who played a huge portion of the library as an adult. There are plenty of great hidden gems outside of the mainstream classics, but most of those companies no longer exist and therefore they can't get licensing deals. These classics are simply whoever they can get licensing deals with, they're not going for quality at all. It's a huge slap in the face. Anyone who says games like this are worth your time flat out have a low bar for entertainment. Tony Hawk would be the only exception for "sports" games they would get. I would actually say that if their classic offerings don't get better in the next 6 months, then it's confirmation that they just can't secure licenses for worthwhile stuff either due to cost or legal issues, and that you should just avoid the premium tier because that won't change in the future. So far the classics offering has not improved much at all since launch over a year ago. And even if they do release mainstream games, no confirmation they will even have trophies

It just feels like they're still scraping the bottom of the barrel and that nobody wants to work with them on getting games on there (or Sony's being extremely cheap with their offers). Premium just feels like an afterthought. The free 2-3 hour trials are worth it more than the library, it's sad

I know what youre saying, i too really question the choice of so called classics, rally cross, cool boarders, shit like that, syphon filter games have been the best so far, i never subscribed to premium instead just bought this game for £8. I too can also see this ps+ premium/classics service failing in the long run. Much like the whole remasters and remakes phenomenon the gaming industry is going to shit, and definitely many gamers today have very low standards for what they consider entertainment

Edited by mike_87

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, OskysxX- said:

Any tip for Extrem Legacy? I am doing 4k points and the record is about 11k

-Focus on winning the race. Winning alone is worth 12,500 points.

-No shame in using Rookie difficulty.

-Get through as many gates as you can.

-Know your trick commands on ramps. In the air, you can press the following combinations:

• Square, Triangle
  • Square, Circle, Triangle
  • Square, Circle, X
  • Square, X, Triangle, Circle

That's the best I got.

Edited by Stockton572
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, OskysxX- said:

Any tip for Extrem Legacy? I am doing 4k points and the record is about 11k

I mean… if you’re okay cheesing the game, you can turn off the CPUs. Then it always counts any finish you do as a win, and you end up getting a ton of points. Just hit a few gates and jumps and you can easily get 15k every time. This method makes the game quite boring though. 

Edited by skotafactor
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

You will need to set a high score on each of the 12 levels and input/save your 3 letter name.  

complete season or do courses on exhibition.  

Edited by Chiloutchilo3000
update
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Chiloutchilo3000 said:

You will need to set a high score on each of the 12 levels and input/save your 3 letter name.  

Not really, i got mine and noticed it was before i finished a season, for 3 times i had set a high score in Los Angeles 1 when i was getting others trophies.

Also the trophy for winning a season will pop if you turn the cpu off, if this isn't intended this is just stupid.

With cpu off you can get almost every trophy without any effort, for the scores i never jumped or used any tricks, just got a few gates and thats it, the game gives you a nice bonus for finishing in first place even with cpu off.....amazing.

If this helps get the spring/jump power up and in any party without a slope do square, square, x, triangle and circle. You can do 2 times before the effect goes off and each trick will be 200 points (it's a backflip). If you miss just rewind, do this 5 times and finish a race.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2024 at 2:29 PM, skotafactor said:

I had the most luck on Las Vegas 3. I think there are enough ramps to get 1000 just doing basic tricks, but I was able to do the square circle triangle 3 times on that track in addition to hitting every other ramp with basic tricks. There are a few ramps that lead into an uphill that it’s okay if you don’t land those. I was never able to score anything with the snowboard for some reason. 

Go into “Player One Select” and then when “Standard” is highlighted, change it to “Create”. It’ll let you name your character and change your stats

This worked for me. Thanks. Platinum (=    

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

This is by far the easiest plat cross all "race games", control are not horrible like coolboarders or twisted metal.
For the tricks trophy I just did Africa 3, the bike is good and the square, circle, triangle is easy to pull off, with the spring bonus it's even better, you can do 3 tricks before the bonus ran off (if you're high enough), just press square once to fly then do the trick, ezpz.

The toughest trophy is the knockdowns because even on rookie the racers are really fast luckily you just need 6, it's not that bad with the rewind but it's annoying the game doesnt track during the race. :D

Edited by Musashiden777

Posted (edited)

Anyone got any tips for the knockdown points? My last trophy is the 900 score but can't seem to break 500 (on Los Angeles 1, Veteran Difficulty). 

Best level, best difficulty, strategy etc? 

Ive taken all my stat points out of Trick to boost the others to 100. Max muscle etc. 

Struggling to keep them in-line with me to actually land hits. They move quickly and spread out so early. 

EDIT: Got the Platinum on the very next attempt, haha. Those same settings. 

Edited by Ravendust
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ravendust said:

Anyone got any tips for the knockdown points? My last trophy is the 900 score but can't seem to break 500 (on Los Angeles 1, Veteran Difficulty). 

Ive taken all my stat points out of Trick to boost the others to 100. Max muscle etc. 

Struggling to keep them in-line with me to actually land hits. They move quickly and spread out so early. 

I found it easier in Africa.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Press_Start_Art said:

Does anyone know long this takes to platinum? I just played 1 race and managed to get 9 trophies so I’m interested in getting the rest of the trophies.

Maximum 2 hours because you can do almost all the trophies in season without CPU then just clean up in two races for knockdowns/0 stats.

Edited by Musashiden777
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/23/2024 at 4:07 PM, Ravendust said:

EDIT: Got the Platinum on the very next attempt, haha. Those same settings. 

Create a character with max strength

increase difficulty to atleast veteran

played los angeles 1

immediately start besting there asses, thats it, i got a takedown before we even really got going

try to get as many takedowns as possible before the stage transitions into a residential type setting, there you just get a ton of obstacles and the level difficulty increases

rewinding if you crash is fine

you wana keep up with the crew

A couple of retries, finish the level and its done

basically i just followed your steps but it works!

On 5/24/2024 at 5:55 AM, Ravendust said:

You don't need to beat any scores in Season mode to unlock Xtreme Champion, just Win overall (which you'll do by default if you've turned off the other racers). Just complete the 12 random races in Season Mode and the trophy should unlock.

The score-based trophies for 12 Top Scores can be earned in either Season or Exhibition. In fact, you'll get about 80% off all trophies just by completing and winning a Season, since you also do every course, and will win by default all twelve times, netting high scores each time provided you pass through some of the gates on the way. Start with Season, mop up with Exhibition.

Having now got the PS4 plat in the most roundabout way possible, I'm going to go for the PS5 one today with the following route;

1. Create a custom character - reduce Muscle to 0, boost all stats to 100, save ("Now Entering… You!")
2. Turn off CPU racers. Start a new season on Rookie, win all twelve races while also getting as many gates, power-ups and advanced tricks as possible, rewinding where necessary.
3. Exhibition Match 1 - Turn difficulty up to Pro which will boost your top speed. Start Africa 1. Quit once you unlock the two 'Top Speed' trophies at 72mph in the first minute.
4. Exhibiton Match 2 - Drop Trick to 0, boost Muscle to 100, turn CPU racers on. Los Angeles 1. Difficulty Veteran. Just focus on punching other racers and maintaining 5th position so you're in the middle of the group as much as possible and punch punch punch.
5. Exhibition Match 3 - Drop all stats to 0 and finish the race while avoiding all gates, power-ups and tricks for the last four trophies + Platinum.

With each race taking around 4 minutes, and only needing 15 races, plus some time messing around in the (slow) menus and rewinding missed gates and jumps, I think there's an optimal 1.5 hour Plat here. Will edit this post with my time once done.

EDIT: 1 hour, 28 minutes. Would have been 1 hour 20 if I'd got Bully on the first attempt 😅

You Sir could write and publish this into an easy guide, i followed it to the letter!

thanks

Edited by Property_Damage
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, ROOKLEGENDARY said:

How long does this game take ?

If you’re trying to finish everything as fast as possible, you can turn off CPUs and knock out the majority of the trophies in an hour. Each race takes 3-5 min and you have to do at least 12 of them in Season mode. Milage on the remaining trophies may vary depending on your skill, but I’d say probably like 2 hours total if you optimize things. One user in this thread has done it in like 1.5 hours

I hope they release 1Xtreme aka ESPN Xtreme, that one it's by far my favorite of the series, I still have the PS1 long box version. Although, something feels fishy, as far as I know they have been releasing game series in order, so if they went straight to 2Xtreme, chances are they will probably skip 1Xtreme:(.

• Like 1