DNS error (NW-31250-1) - PS4 not downloading anything

UMPiCK24

I've got this error for the first time today, and I wasn't able to download anything. It first appeared when I was halfway done with the download of Injustice: GAU Ultimate edition (75% off on EU store, go pick it up :rolleyes: ). After clicking the retry button it gets stuck on preparing for download (100%) and then just shows the error screen. I've tried deleting all that I've downloaded, but this time I couldn't download even a small portion of it.
After a bit of google-ing I've found this http://dofollow.de/technews/ps4-network-error/. I've tried inputing 2 versions of DNS but they both had the same result. It did work and got the download running again, but with a speed of not even 50 kbps. When you're trying to download 22GB game that would take days with connection like that. I've tried restarting the router and the PS4, but still nothing. Even moved my PS right next to the router for a better connection...

btw: I can play games online, access the store, sync my trophies etc., I just can't download.

So does anyone know what to do? Maybe a different DNS that would get it running a bit better, please help me I am getting desperate  :blush:

Primary - 208.67.222.222

Secondary - 208.67.222.220

And are you sure your isp is not imposing a data limit?

I've already tried this one and no result, still incredibly slow. My isp is fine, pc and all other devices still work as asual.

I can't seem to download Pixel Junk for Vita either? I am on the phone with Playstation now to see what is up :)

I can't reach the czech customer support, it's way to late in the night, so share your results when you're done please  :rolleyes:

I can't reach the czech customer support, it's way to late in the night, so share your results when you're done please  :rolleyes:

Well she was very rude and not very helpful. I ended up hanging up on her and just unplugging my router and plugging it back in and lo and behold it worked.

I mean I told her "I recently tried to download PJS and halfway through I would get an error telling me I couldn't download it"

She said "Well do you know where to download games"

I said "Sorry...I was downloading PJS and halfway through I would get and error. I then redownloaded it and would still get an error"

She said "I know but do you know where to download the game from?"

I said "Yes I DOWNLOADED PJS..."

She interrupted me to say "I know, but I need to know if you know where to download it from. Do you understand?"

To which I responded "Do you?" and hung up.

• Like 4

Well she was very rude and not very helpful. I ended up hanging up on her and just unplugging my router and plugging it back in and lo and behold it worked.

I mean I told her "I recently tried to download PJS and halfway through I would get an error telling me I couldn't download it"

She said "Well do you know where to download games"

I said "Sorry...I was downloading PJS and halfway through I would get and error. I then redownloaded it and would still get an error"

She said "I know but do you know where to download the game from?"

I said "Yes I DOWNLOADED PJS..."

She interrupted me to say "I know, but I need to know if you know where to download it from. Do you understand?"

To which I responded "Do you?" and hung up.

And that's a perfect example of why they shouldn't be just hiring anyone, they should really get some gamers on those lines  :unsure:

I've tried restarting the router but sadly that didn't work for me..

This happened to me.. if you throw your PS4 out the window a couple of times it should fix the problem

Actually have an image of you throwing your PS4 out the window; going outside to get it, coming back inside, looking from PS4 to TV, then throwing it out of the window again!

Mine are downloading now. No troubles so far. Thanks for mentioning they are now available. Just wish you guys weren't having issues. See you in 10 mins when mine decides to go "nope"

I can't open the dofollow.de article (server timeout...) so forgive me if I'm duplicating advice.

I suspect it's either ISP or PSN related. Or it could be the router. It's difficult to know, so just change what you can control to eliminate some of the variables.

Try Google's DNS - 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. It possibly won't make any difference, but it's an alternative to Open DNS.

Adding the PS4 to your router's DMZ will also help with connectivity issues.

Are you using ethernet or wireless to connect to your router? Ethernet's obviously the better, faster and more stable option, particularly if you're download a 22GB file.

I can't open the dofollow.de article (server timeout...) so forgive me if I'm duplicating advice.

I suspect it's either ISP or PSN related. Or it could be the router. It's difficult to know, so just change what you can control to eliminate some of the variables.

Try Google's DNS - 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. It possibly won't make any difference, but it's an alternative to Open DNS.

Adding the PS4 to your router's DMZ will also help with connectivity issues.

Are you using ethernet or wireless to connect to your router? Ethernet's obviously the better, faster and more stable option, particularly if you're download a 22GB file.

I use wireless (no way to drag the ethernet cable to the PS4 without it looking ugly), but I've had no problems with the wifi so far, my ussual download speed was from 1-3 mbps. It's not an issue of connectivity, so adding it to the dm zone wouldn't hepl imo. I am using Google DNS at the moment. I've tried looking up some other public DNS in czech republic, but wasn't able to. And if I did, there wasn't the secondary adress, so I am not really sure what to put there...

I use wireless (no way to drag the ethernet cable to the PS4 without it looking ugly), but I've had no problems with the wifi so far, my ussual download speed was from 1-3 mbps. It's not an issue of connectivity, so adding it to the dm zone wouldn't hepl imo. I am using Google DNS at the moment. I've tried looking up some other public DNS in czech republic, but wasn't able to. And if I did, there wasn't the secondary adress, so I am not really sure what to put there...

If you're not using the DMZ for anything else, I'd still bang the PS4 in there. The packets to and from the PSN would then be unfiltered, which should help with lag and throughput.

Regardless, as A12621A pointed out, it looks like a PSN issue.

• Like 1

If you're not using the DMZ for anything else, I'd still bang the PS4 in there. The packets to and from the PSN would then be unfiltered, which should help with lag and throughput.

Regardless, as A12621A pointed out, it looks like a PSN issue.

Alright I'll try that, thanks for the advice :)

I had the same problem two days ago. I downloaded and installed the latest PS4 system update and I couldn't d/l anything after that.

I tried changing my DNS manually to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and it worked. But there's definitely something weird going on with PSN in Europe, since it appears to be mostly EU people complaining about this.

Alright it's working now :yay:  What I did was restart the router and use ant1th3s1s' advice and also found a czech public DNS. Not sure which one helped but it did. My files downloaded through the night and everything seems to work fine now, even the updates.
Thanks a lot for the help guys :)