Vita Will Be Getting "Fewer 1st-Party Games"

HowIPendragon

Vita will probably have the same fate as the PSP with it basically surviving off of JRPGs. Which is perfectly fine to me, I loved my PSP and the games I have for it.

But that being said, it seems that Sony really can't figure out a direction for their handhelds and keep shooting themselves in the foot with pricing, such as the really overpriced memory sticks for Vita. Couple that with no advertisement for the Vita outside of its first year, Sony kind of killed the platform themselves.

As much as I enjoy my PSP and Vita, I really think Sony should call it quits with the handheld market after Vita's cycle is done and just focus on consoles.

Edited by Death_Ninja

They are just dumb the vita has so much potential just need to get the right games uncharted golden abyss 2 would be great for staters, then you have games which would do woners if they were ported over to the vita. The monkey island games, broken sword remasted 1,2 ported over, shatter would be epic on vita castle crashers would also be a great port the list goes on.

come on sony sort it out

I can see Vita just surviving as a 3rd-party JRPG machine like the PSP did. Just looking at the weekly hardware sales on VGChartz, the Vita sold 35.4k units this week, 21k were in Japan alone. The other 14k is from NA and EU combined. 

So pretty much if you don't like JRPGs, there really isn't much of a reason to get a Vita.