Vita Will Be Getting "Fewer 1st-Party Games"

HowIPendragon

I hate how such potential is being wasted, I'm getting a Vita in a week and this is not the most motivating news......at least I'll be able to enjoy Tales of Hearts R, Persona 4 Golden, Tearaway and Disgaea 4 on it, plus the games from PS+.....Sony is getting it wrong with the Vita.

The only games I have seriously played on the Vita are Persona 4 Golden and Virtue's Last Reward, both of which make it into my top 5 games list. Don't worry about potential being wasted since there's always good RPGs coming out on the vita.

• Like 1

The only games I have seriously played on the Vita are Persona 4 Golden and Virtue's Last Reward, both of which make it into my top 5 games list. Don't worry about potential being wasted since there's always good RPGs coming out on the vita.

As far as RPG's go yes, but there are other genres, and thousands of possibilities are just not being used, consoles are supposed to grow during their lifetime, not to get stuck and not push forward. I'm among those who think Vita is already worth my money, but I also think they should not stop here, it's a great handheld and with the proper support, it would do much bigger and better than it's done so far. Glad about P4G being in your top 5, I expect great things from it :D

Im not giving up on it just yet. I'm more focused on whats coming instead of want studio want to tuck their tails and leave. Feeling like the WII U right now, it has games  to support it yet people claim it's "dead."

I'm pretty sure that most games for just about every console since consoles have been around were not 1st party games so not really sure why people are saying RIP Vita and all the other mindless crap in here. I mean, so they're not going to do that many first party games, that just means it's business as usual in the video game industry.

Edited by BooneJusticius

Atelier Rorona Plus for the Vita is finally coming out in NA tomorrow and that means I can finally get that and the other 2 in the trilogy on my Vita.

The only bad thing about owning all 3 of the Atelier games is the space. These games are about 3GB each.

• Like 1

Yeah the betrayal of the Vita by Sony....advertising Vita as a 2nd screen for PS4 plus leaving the Vita as their least priority in everything including PSNow,even TVs got more priority during E3 with PSNow ....what a shame.Just disgusting to see how Sony is treating Vita....but after their greed with PS4...everything's expected.

While this is far from good news, it definitely doesn't mean the end of the Vita. 

The key word here is fewer. There will still be a variety of games available to owners, and first-party games will still come out.

Obviously, people would like more first-party games, but the Vita is getting decent support as it is. I have hope in the Vita because I believe it only takes one game to make an impact on other game companies.

• Like 1

Only reason why I will get a Vita, is to get full potential of the Playstation Plus. I dont have Plus right now, but I will get a Ps4 at the end of the year. I love to play multiplayer and by having Plus forced on my ps4 (to play mp), I may as well grab a vita and get free games from the monthly plus offers. Still not 100% sure to get one or not.

We’re continuing to make games on PS Vita… we just launched a game called Freedom Wars in Japan, it’s a big title dedicated to PS Vita, and it’s received very well in Japan – we’ll bring that to Europe and US as well. And we’re making that JRPG, a very, very beautiful JRPG called Oreshika as well. And games made in Europe – Murasaki Baby is a dedicated PS Vita title that got many awards at E3. The question I was asked was, ‘going forward, [will] the number of first party will be smaller?’, and I said ‘yes, number of projects will be smaller.’ I never said ‘we won’t make any games on PS Vita’. 

And we’re continuing to make cross-platform games like Helldivers or CounterSpy. Many, many games we have in development for PS Vita from first-party as well.”

Found this online; this is from a GameReactor interview with Shuehei Yoshida (who made the original comment).

Am I the only one who has never been bothered by the lack of AAA games on Vita? Sure, it'd be nice, but it's a nice little time killer for me and the games I have on it suit me fine. I'm also looking forward to trying remote play on it when I get a PS4.

You are definitely NOT the only one, as I absolutely loooove my Vita... almost to a scandalous level.

I have to question anyone who disses the PS Vita because it does not have many AAA titles, and wonder why they want to pay $40-$60 for a game, when they can get indies (very much worth playing) that have a very decent amount of content, for 1/8th the price.  I have 67 games for my Vita, and only 8 are AAA.  I play the AAA the least... most of them I regret paying that amount of money for.  Like Fifa Soccer (the launch Soccer game for the Vita) with it's glitched trophy, that prevents me from getting the Platinum (EA lost a customer for life by not patching that...).

If the Vita "goes under"... I'm gonna pick up every game in existence for the thing... except PS1 and PSP games... I didn't get my Vita to play old stuff that I've played before.  Vita is the only system I have, and I could not care any less about the "big ones."

• Like 1

I think a lot of you maybe jumping to conclusions. Third party games usually always out weighs exclusives.

I don't think it means Sony has given up on the Vita but that they still don't have a firm grasp on what the customers want.

Edited by merciful84