Vita Will Be Getting "Fewer 1st-Party Games"

HowIPendragon

So I guess Sony has officially given up on the Vita.

After Polygon asked Shuhei Yoshida if he thought "the Vita will be getting fewer first-party games," Yoshida responded: "I would say, yes, that's correct."

I've never been against the Vita, hell I've been wanting one for a while (or at least a Vita TV), but that's all changed for me now. I think a lot of people have seen this coming a long time ago. Its just crazy to see Shu just openly admit they're dialing back the support even more.

Here's the whole interview: http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/18/5820824/indies-third-party-games-are-vitas-focus-moving-forward

Edited by rsoto1125

Don't see why it matters that Sony is publicly saying that they aren't making Vita games. It's not exactly a secret, considering they haven't really made any since it's launch. Almost every game I've played on my Vita has been 3rd party. Nothing will be changing for the Vita. This doesn't mean it's not being supported, and it definitely doesn't mean that 3rd parties won't be making games for it. If you think about it, it's no different than the PSP. The PSP didn't have many 1st party titles, none that I can actually think of.

I own the vita, it's pretty much becoming a tablet for the ps4 and a port machine for ps3 titles, a way for developers to say "like this ps3 game, well play it on the go."  I think Sony has reimagined it as more of an accessory for the consoles.  I'd like to see developers make games where you buy the ps4 or ps3 title, you also get the digital vita title to play on the go, with a cloud save option that let's you port you save file, similar to what games like MGS and Dragon's Crown have done in the past.  It's a way developers can make a little extra money or create collector's or special editions of games for more money.

• Like 1

Is it possible Yoshida is fucking with people?  Is it possible he is just using wordplay? What if it turns out that PS TV is taking over the vita title on games so all games will say PS TV on it and (playable on vita) on the box? Like at gamescom or TGS they will announce like 12 first party PS TV games?

The ps vita is great ! There are numerous games that

i love to play , games like king oddball and sparkle 2 are far better on ps vita instead of ps4 , its just a great little machine ! No matter what they say , i would always recommend someone to buy that ps vita :-)

• Like 1

If all the people who are on the fence use interviews like this as an excuse not to get a Vita, the system will slowly die off. The larger the user base, the greater the chances of this turning around.

I love my Vita, and in the average week it is the console that gets the most playtime, with the TV based consoles getting more attention on the weekend. There are tonnes of good games out there for Vita, and in my opinion it is a worthwhile console with its existing library of games. If you like the sound of the games that are currently on the system, then I recommend you get one. And the more people that get one, the greater the chance that new games will come out.

• Like 3