Drill platform either impossible or bugged

Tomoko Kuroki

This mission was the 2nd most frustrating one in the game for me, second only to "Get Seal Piece At Water Slums". It took me probably at least 10 tries as I kept dying at the first part where you have to shoot around 5 enemies then the counter appears for 40 more. All it takes is practice and learning the pattern and making sure you get the guys quickly. Once I beat the first part the rest of the level was easier.

Edited by Stevieboy

This mission was the 2nd most frustrating one in the game for me, second only to "Get Seal Piece At Water Slums". It took me probably at least 10 tries as I kept dying at the first part where you have to shoot around 5 enemies then the counter appears for 40 more. All it takes is practice and learning the pattern and making sure you get the guys quickly. Once I beat the first part the rest of the level was easier.

The Water Seal one isn't too bad. You can be really cheap and use Dark Jak then just swim to the exit, or you can use the jetboard and just skate right through the enemy hoards.

On topic: Are you sure you aren't just being shot at a lot?

The Water Seal one isn't too bad. You can be really cheap and use Dark Jak then just swim to the exit, or you can use the jetboard and just skate right through the enemy hoards.

I ended up using the cheap Dark Jak method after I had died several times. I tried the jetboard method but failed at that even worse than trying to shoot everyone, which was strange as that was the way I beat it on the PS2.

• 1 year later...

I know this thread is old but around an year ago a new glitch was found in Jak II/Jak 3, and it can be used to skip the 1st two sequences in this mission (i.e to kill 40 guards and one phase of the Supply Ship), see the video below:

The first jump in the video is not the glitch itself, and it is quite easy to replicate. He combines two of the Jet-Board 'tricks' to gain height, the L3 to the left trick + L3 forward trick.

The main skip starts at 0:35, and you should definitely watch the tutorial before trying this, it's not hard to get it right but your finger might tire from pressing L1 so fast.

This and the 'height gain jump' can be done anywhere in the game as long as you have the Jet-Board, but since the platinum requires you to finish most of the missions you should only do this to skip to the end of a mission or to the boss room, and not directly to another location that completely skips the mission(s) you were supposed to complete.

Both of those videos show the PS2 version of the game but i tested and can confirm that this works on the PS3 version, it should work on the Vita version too but you need to be very precise on the L3 to do the infinite hovers and the sticks on the Vita do not help with that. But the height gain jump is easily doable on the Vita, so there's that.

ps. this works in Jak 3 too like i mentioned in the beginning.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/2/2016 at 9:16 PM, renatabls said:

I know this thread is old but around an year ago a new glitch was found in Jak II/Jak 3, and it can be used to skip the 1st two sequences in this mission (i.e to kill 40 guards and one phase of the Supply Ship), see the video below:

The first jump in the video is not the glitch itself, and it is quite easy to replicate. He combines two of the Jet-Board 'tricks' to gain height, the L3 to the left trick + L3 forward trick.

The main skip starts at 0:35, and you should definitely watch the tutorial before trying this, it's not hard to get it right but your finger might tire from pressing L1 so fast.

This and the 'height gain jump' can be done anywhere in the game as long as you have the Jet-Board, but since the platinum requires you to finish most of the missions you should only do this to skip to the end of a mission or to the boss room, and not directly to another location that completely skips the mission(s) you were supposed to complete.

Both of those videos show the PS2 version of the game but i tested and can confirm that this works on the PS3 version, it should work on the Vita version too but you need to be very precise on the L3 to do the infinite hovers and the sticks on the Vita do not help with that. But the height gain jump is easily doable on the Vita, so there's that.

ps. this works in Jak 3 too like i mentioned in the beginning.

THANK YOU!!  This combined with the new debug flying mode makes this mission a piece of cake!