DLC's/Add-ons...where are they stored?

Wade_VC

OK, may be a simple question, but I have no clue and was wondering if anyone here has an answer.

After I have completed a game, I always delete the game data from my HD to free up space. But what about those games that I have downloaded DLC/add-on's for, where are those stored on the console so I can delete them as well...or are they automatically deleted when I wipe the game?

Thanks in advance. :)

Depends on the game.

Some titles makes a second Game Data for DLC (Uncharted 3 Example), while other integrate it direct into the game (Record of Agarest War).

So if it is not integrated into the game, it will show up in the game data folder then....thank you. With a 80gb Fatty, I need to manage my HD space pretty close.

The majority of your Games put all of that info under Game Data. A few odd games (no I can't list them) use the Game Save Data. Under Game Data it depends. Some games put it all under one entry and others have seperate install and dlc entries. you just have to poke around. Good luck with the House Cleaning.

The majority of your Games put all of that info under Game Data. A few odd games (no I can't list them) use the Game Save Data. Under Game Data it depends. Some games put it all under one entry and others have seperate install and dlc entries. you just have to poke around. Good luck with the House Cleaning.

Hmmm....I wish everything could always be in one folder, the apparent inconsistency in data-storing methods can get confusing and annoying.

It also gets shitty when you try to delete patch data (Skyrim, World At War, for example) and it's integrated into game data, there fore, it cannot be deleted without losing all progress.

That's why my version of Skyrim is still in it's original form.

Are you sure about that? I've never, ever seen a case where the SAVE data (your progress in the game) was integrated with the GAME data (installation files, DLC, patches, etc).

Back to the original question, it is true that there can be multiple versions of GAME data, where the installation is one file and patches and/or DLC are another file - this is actually quite handy if you just want to get rid of a bad patch rather than uninstalling the entire game - but even then, both files are stored in the game data folder. Generally speaking, you're safe to get rid of anything in the game data folder if you're done playing a game - the only danger is that you might have to re-download DLC or a patch later, or reinstall the game, but that would only be if you decide later that you want to play it again.

Are you sure about that? I've never, ever seen a case where the SAVE data (your progress in the game) was integrated with the GAME data (installation files, DLC, patches, etc).

Generally speaking, you're safe to get rid of anything in the game data folder if you're done playing a game - the only danger is that you might have to re-download DLC or a patch later, or reinstall the game, but that would only be if you decide later that you want to play it again.

You're correct. The one instance I can think of is LBP and they moved either their Game Install, or the User profile from location to the other, but I don't recall where they reside now, only that they are in the same place. That's for the original. With that exception aside, you're safe to do anything you want in the Game Data folder and it will not effect your Game Saves other than possibly an existing save not being compatible with a particular version of Game (without an update).