What do you Think Will be Considered Mainstream/Trend For the PS4 this Gen?

DarknessKey92

Paper Clip. Sales is always a good thing, but people get sick of he same game every year. If you look at the games Activison has done year, after year like Tony Hawk, or Guitar Hero they are gone. People like you who want the same games every year make gaming boring. Also you a retard if you think this website i made up of "cronies".

*the, *your

*is

Also whats with the unsupecting kids thing Paper Clip. What is this website made up of some evil organization?

• Like 1

Why wouldn't battlefield survive? It has been around forever and unless EA goes bankrupt I don't see why it would go away.

Also why are those the only franchises to survive? What about Pokemon, Mario, Zelda, Sims, Halo, LittleBig Planet, Elder Scrolls etc. I don't really see any of those disappearing any time soon.

I agree, but doesn't elder scrolls finish with online?

[in response to xzero4812].  Wow, who's naïve?  You think because it's a fun game and everyone is talking about it gets game companies making more?  You must not live on planet Earth dude, sales is everything.  Sales drives future iterations, not "everyone is talking about it".  COD is made year after year because millions and millions of people buy it, not because everyone is talking about it.  You may not like COD but it's successful because of the amazing formula it has.  People don't continue to buy a copy of COD every year because its generic, that's a narrow-minded vision you and other "hardcore" gamers have, whatever hardcore means.  My favorite moronic argument is "it's the 12 year olds that are buying it".  Ok, even if you're right - and no one could ever prove that either way - but even if you're right, SO WHAT!  They are smart that they are producing a game that continues to evolve.  When COD started, those 12 year olds were 4 and 5 year olds (or younger) - smart companies keep their product going year after year.  Another argument is "it's all marketing".  Sure, marketing is a key to success but you have to have a good product in order to sell the "same game" year after year, as some would say.  No one is going to buy COD every year if the game was crap.  Yes, there would be sales, but no where near in the millions and millions they do now.  I love the "parents will buy it just because of the name due to good marketing" argument too.  Yep, very true, parents and grandparents and others outside the gaming industry buy games solely on marketing.  No way, though, would that add up in the millions of games sold if the game was lousy.  They would have 150,000 sales of ignorant purchasers, not 20 million each year, or more.

Thanks for playing with your one liner to set the record straight with me but your naïve vision doesn't work on me like it does with the rest of the sheep in here.  And yes, this series with a select few of the ones I mentioned above, will define PS4 and the rest of this current gen cycle of consoles/PCs.  Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't good for millions of others and the industry, bro.

[in response to Captain_Cutscene]

You say the true mark of success in gaming is emulation.  Ok, sounds great.  When you sell 20,000 copies of a game that costs you more than a million dollars to produce that will be hugely influential on the gaming industry for years to come, remember that great quote when you're shuttering your doors because you don't have enough sales to stay employed.  You'll be a great martyr for the industry. 

Sure, Indie games can do well, no argument here.  And I think there is huge innovation there without them going out of business, but like you said yourself above, sales dictates financial success and sets up the next iteration. Why would the want to setup the next iteration, even an Indie game?  So that they can make MORE SALES!  Why does anyone work in this industry or any other, to make more money. 

Let me ask you a question, ever turn down a raise for doing the same job you did yesterday, assuming you're old enough to hold a job?  No one turns down more money, no one goes in and says "oh no, I'm good with my current salary, obviously I was ok with my current salary since I'm still working here anyways".  NO.  Financial success is everything, thus, sales is everything.  Wrong argument, bro.

You and the rest of the cronies on this site can try and push your naïve influence on unsuspecting kids that don't know any better but I've been sent in to destroy that weak and inaccurate argument.  Good luck without a "production line" as you mentioned above, you won't have an industry without it.  Get rid of AC series, COD series, even the BF series immediately would be devastating for the industry.  Yes, it would survive, but not the way it looks to us today.  You'd have a bunch of awesome innovation and a very small group of players playing them because you'd lose the major (i.e. mainstream) audience.  Like E3, gone!  Like the awesome competition we see today, gone!  COD will define this generation console, whether you come kicking and screaming or not. 

Sales is everything, remember that.  You will never win an argument or in life without it.  I hope you win the lottery because that's what you have going for you right now.

This marks the point where I stop feeding the trolls as they say and bow out of the thread.

In the midst of the abrasiveness, there is the occasional good point but you are letting yourself down by being aggressive towards anyone who might pose a counter point to your reasoning.

You might want to re-consider the way you construct and deliver your opinions on this site. You might find that you don't make as many friends as say, someone who engages in constructive debate and friendly conversation.