The King Returns

xzeusyx

lebron-james-return-elite-daily.jpg

Hi everyone. I was just wondering what your input is over the whole what has transpired today with Lebron James and if it dampers your view on him.

For those who don't know, after four years of playing for the Miami Heat he has opted out of his contract and has chosen to return to his original team, the Cavaliers, after a few weeks of mulling it over. I was born and raised in Cleveland, so I know all about how his actions last time and how his business decision felt like a huge slap in the face. I still admired him as a player and he was still my favorite to watch after it was all said and done, but we were all hurt. We aren't a big city anymore. We don't really have a riveting night scene like other big cities. Here, sports are everything. He promised us that he would be different and would be the one to bring Cleveland back to championship chatter. Yet four years ago he seemingly gave up on us and casted us into the streets. However with age comes wisdom and maturity, as he handled this choice this year like a class act which impressed me a lot. I am ecstatic and extremely optimistic on our foreseeable future 

So as I was saying, I'm just curious as to what are other people's view on this and the whole league now that it has happened. I know that the Heat fans can not be happy considering they essentially have no team now. The "Big Three" era is over, and with that goes in all likelihood their championship runs for the foreseeable future. But what about other fans from different areas? How does this affect you. Also, does this affect your view on his legacy at all?

• Like 1

Hi everyone. I was just wondering what your input is over the whole what has transpired today with Lebron James and if it dampers your view on him.

For those who don't know, after four years of playing for the Miami Heat he has opted out of his contract and has chosen to return to his original team, the Cavaliers, after a few weeks of mulling it over. I was born and raised in Cleveland, so I know all about how his actions last time and how his business decision felt like a huge slap in the face. I still admired him as a player and he was still my favorite to watch after it was all said and done, but we were all hurt. We aren't a big city anymore. We don't really have a riveting night scene like other big cities. Here, sports are everything. He promised us that he would be different and would be the one to bring Cleveland back to championship chatter. Yet four years ago he seemingly gave up on us and casted us into the streets. However with age comes wisdom and maturity, as he handled this choice this year like a class act which impressed me a lot. I am ecstatic and extremely optimistic on our foreseeable future 

So as I was saying, I'm just curious as to what are other people's view on this and the whole league now that it has happened. I know that the Heat fans can not be happy considering they essentially have no team now. The "Big Three" era is over, and with that goes in all likelihood their championship runs for the foreseeable future. But what about other fans from different areas? How does this affect you. Also, does this affect your view on his legacy at all?

In England, we don't get to watch NBA matches much as our American brothers but watching Lebron is magical. I feel the guy can change a match and also perform well whatever team he plays for. 

• Like 2

I'm not a fan of the Cavaliers but I'm definitely a fan of Lebron James. As much as I hate the Miami fans, I felt Cleveland fans (with all the things that you did with Lebron when he left) are no different. No class at all.

It's all about business and getting championships. You can't blame the guy for leaving a team that doesn't want to improve it's roster around him while the whole league have powerhouse teams. From 2003 to 2010, the roster line-up that the Cavaliers organization tries to surround Lebron was nothing short of a mediocre team. You know that.

Now, I don't know why Cleveland's prodigal son came back, I just hope he can help deliver a championship to your city.

But at the end of it all, somehow with all the criticisms and hate thrown at him, he showed why he's a better person above anyone else that hated him blindly (including the people of Cleveland, including you).

I'm not a fan of the Cavaliers but I'm definitely a fan of Lebron James. As much as I hate the Miami fans, I felt Cleveland fans (with all the things that you did with Lebron when he left) are no different. No class at all.

It's all about business and getting championships. You can't blame the guy for leaving a team that doesn't want to improve it's roster around him while the whole league have powerhouse teams. From 2003 to 2010, the roster line-up that the Cavaliers organization tries to surround Lebron was nothing short of a mediocre team. You know that.

Now, I don't know why Cleveland's prodigal son came back, I just hope he can help deliver a championship to your city.

But at the end of it all, somehow with all the criticisms and hate thrown at him, he showed why he's a better person above anyone else that hated him blindly (including the people of Cleveland, including you).

Well I'm not a die hard fan, I prefer to follow players, but I wouldn't say Cavalier fans aren't classy, especially when I look around and see what other organization's fans have done. The people that burned jerseys represent a small fraction of Cavalier fans; they took it to the extreme and it casted a bad image for us all. Of course the media is going to blow things out of proportions, but honestly it was miniscule. 

And I agree, the organization failed to surround him with real, truly skilled players. If you look at the 2007 NBA Final roster ours is simply a motley crew. We added pieces, but they were not the caliber that one needs to hoist the banner at the end.

Where do you think he should have gone? For the long term, I think that its actually ingenious. Especially if they can get Kevin Love.

rarely watch NBA but if a player leaves any team in any sport and then comes back and says he wants to bring titles back, the past should be forgotten and they should be welcomed back with open arms 

Hopefully he backs up his words and brings back the glory days to your team

• Like 1

I'm expecting Cleveland to keep choking and surrounding James with crappy players for the next 4 years, expecting him to give a team a champonship on his own as if he were a demi-god, and it all ending with him moving to a team with an actual plan to win the finals - whatever team that may be in 4 years.

still an overpaid clown who had to be carried because of a little cramp

I thought the overpaid selfish clown you're talking about is Carmelo Anthony. That guy will retire rich in your N.Y. ringless!

I think Phil just made his 2nd mistake in trying to let Carmelo stay. He should have let him paired up with another ballhog washed-up Kobe.

• Like 1

I'm confused why he went back to Cleveland for the above reasons?  He can't carry a team to a championship solo and I don't remember (I don't really pay attention either) the Cavs gaining any new/upcoming talent. 

Besides, basketball is over, it's all about the Buckeyes now  :wub:

I'm confused why he went back to Cleveland for the above reasons?  He can't carry a team to a championship solo and I don't remember (I don't really pay attention either) the Cavs gaining any new/upcoming talent. 

Besides, basketball is over, it's all about the Buckeyes now  :wub:

Haha I agree I can't wait to watch them play. Im going to a few games this year too.

As for why he moved back, well their are a few reasons. We hired a new coach, one who is extremely decorated from European leagues. We had the number one pick again this year. His name is Andrew Wiggins and he is very athletic with a lot of upside. We have Kyrie Irving, a young, talented all star point guard. And the rest are solid players (Waiters, Thompson, Varejo, etc.); nothing special but they can do their job for the most part.With James here, he will open up more spacing and opportunities for them (especially Kyrie who really needs it) Also, we have the possibility of getting Kevin Love this year or next year, who is another perennial all star. If you look at the roster from when we went last time to now it is certainly one that can bring home a championship.

Miami was simply too old/injured. Not to mention that James said he wants to be at home and to bring a championship here like he promised the first time around. With our current line up, it is a definite possibility.