Homefront IP Aquired by Koch Media

kidson2004

Bad news. Koch Media/Deep Silver are the next EA, they're incredibly greedy and tend to rush out as many games as they can. Just look at Dead Island, they release the game buggy as hell, then they don't even bother patching it before moving onto the next one as fast as they can and then continue to repeat the process. The original Dead Island released less than 3 years ago and we already have 5 games in the series now (Dead Island, Dead Island Riptide, Dead Island Arena, Escape Dead Island and Dead Island 2). Meanwhile, i'm still waiting for Dead Island Riptide's first patch to fix the broken way-point system but that's obviously never going to happen which proves my point.

Edited by Goro
  • Like 2

Im not sure how I feel, as the poster mention above they cant seem to fix their games, but Im glad that Homefront 2 is still being released. The first Homefront was actually enjoyable but sadly ended abruptly, so a second entry into the series is what ive been waiting for in quite some time, I just dont want it to come from Koch Media. On the other hand, the game is supposedly almost done so KM wouldnt be doing much of the developing.

Very mix feelings.

I enjoyed the first one campaign was to short I was quite excited to hear crytek had the second one but I'm not sure how deep silver are gunna go about this Dead island was a buggy mess both of them were but I would love to keep thinking it's going to be great as long as they don't use the same shitty first person mechanic that dead island used to clunky and horrible to use

The trailer I saw was very interesting to me. I enjoyed the first game buy it was way too short and unfortunately with all the hopping around this game/franchise has done, I don't have very high hopes of the sequel being fantastic. I'm sure it will be a fun game but I think sacrifices will be made because of the series' unstable future. Hopefully they prove me wrong. 

Parker