New Yakuza Game Exclusive to PS4 and PS3 To Be Revealed on August 24th; Gets Teaser Site and More

Goro

Yakuza2-670x412.jpg?42e955

Sega opened today a teaser website for the new PlayStation Exclusive Yakuza (Ryu Ga Gotoku) game the development of which was announced last month.

The banner leading to the website also confirms the exclusivity for PlayStation Platforms, as you can see below.

button-new_title-670x196.jpg?42e955

The teaser website comes packed with the typical announcement of an announcement, mentioning that the game will be unveiled on August 24th:

Ryu Ga Gotoku: August 24th, 9 PM  - Announcement!

The date of the reveal will come just a little over a year after the unveiling of its predecessor, Yakuza Ishin, which was officially announced on August 18th, 2013.

Very little else is known about the game at the moment, besides the fact that it’s part of the main series and not a spin-off, even if the developers refused to reveal if it’ll be titled Ryu Ga Gotoku 6.

Edited by Goro

I'm guessing you are most excited?! I have never touched a Yakuza game but have heard they are really fun.

No, i'm very disappointed because they're not localizing the games. This is only for Japan meaning i won't understand how to play it :(

I highly recommend you start playing Yakuza, it is without question the greatest game series i've ever played.

Edited by Goro
  • Like 1

I'm gonna guess you guys don't know about the "Day of the Dragon" initiative?

If you hurry you might still be able to send your letters at the HQ of Sega of America, UK and Nippon.

Here's the explanation of the initiative:

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?514621-08-08-2014-Day-of-the-Dragon

Or for those that don't like reading:

Edited by Gray-Fox47
  • Like 1

I'm not even going to bother getting excited about new Yakuza news after SEGA really became douches with the localization of this franchise.

Not just this franchise, also Phantasy Star & Valkyria Chronicles. They think all we westerners want is Sonic the Hedgehog.

• Like 2

Not just this franchise, also Phantasy Star & Valkyria Chronicles. They think all we westerners want is Sonic the Hedgehog.

Or rather that it'll sell enough in significant numbers to warrant a release here. (which may have some truth to it to be fair) It's not like they're going to turn up an easy opportunity to make money.

Edited by NIALLERMANBUZ

Yeah that's a sad fact. Still boggles my mind that we never got VC3. They were annoyed that VC2 didn't sell what they wanted to, but that's what they get when they moved to PSP. 

SEGA has been acting really weird lately, almost xenophobic in a way. They only keep their games in Japan lately. Also it's like most Japanese developers lately have been wanting sales numbers that are just not going to happen. Yeah sure Yakuza 4 didn't sell as much as Yakuza 3 did and Dead Souls sold even less than both outside of Japan, but what the hell did they expect? I'm going to be even more mad if they based their decision on localizing Yakuza 5 on Dead Souls' success.

Sorry about the rant, just annoyed that I probably won't be able to continue playing one of my favorite game franchises because SEGA can't get their heads out of their asses.

• Like 1

Not even a reaction to my post???

Now I'm wondering if you guys already knew of the initiative or don't even care, that it gets localized.

This might be part of the reason why the game doesn't come over, it's not that Sega is being douches with localizations, it's that they are in financial trouble and aren't able to make decisions on what to do, in their eyes Sonic is a succes they need to follow, and their best chance of making money.

They compare their sales to the unfair expectations of a GTA and fail to advertise the game and analyse the spin-off Dead Souls as a representative of the sales a numbered sequel of the main series will get.

In other words how unfair and stupid it may be the fans might have to step in to let them know how bad you want it, or accept that you're not seeing another game anymore.

Even go so far as trying to get as many people into the series as possible and make part 5 if it ever releases a succes.

Now I'm wondering if you guys already knew of the initiative or don't even care, that it gets localized.

This might be part of the reason why the game doesn't come over, it's not that Sega is being douches with localizations, it's that they are in financial trouble and aren't able to make decisions on what to do, in their eyes Sonic is a succes they need to follow, and their best chance of making money.

They compare their sales to the unfair expectations of a GTA and fail to advertise the game and analyse the spin-off Dead Souls as a representative of the sales a numbered sequel of the main series will get.

In other words how unfair and stupid it may be the fans might have to step in to let them know how bad you want it, or accept that you're not seeing another game anymore.

Even go so far as trying to get as many people into the series as possible and make part 5 if it ever releases a succes.

Don't worry, i'm already aware.

Thank you, I don't remember reading anything about it on these forums.

To be honest I don't visit the site on a daily basis but still it seemed valuable enough for me to press it even if it was.

No, there was nothing about it on these forums, we don't have many hardcore Yakuza fans here, there's me, you, Lady Lillith and that's about all i'm aware of unfortunately.

I sent a quick letter to Sega Europe 2 days ago, i just hope it reaches there by August 8th.

There's nothing in the gaming world that i want more than a Yakuza 5 localization so hopefully together we can make it happen!

I actually did send a few emails to them. And I agree with your points totally though. 

Edited by Death_Ninja

No, there was nothing about it on these forums, we don't have many hardcore Yakuza fans here, there's me, you, Lady Lillith and that's about all i'm aware of unfortunately.

I sent a quick letter to Sega Europe 2 days ago, i just hope it reaches there by August 8th.

There's nothing in the gaming world that i want more than a Yakuza 5 localization so hopefully together we can make it happen!

I'm not sure if I would specify as being a hardcore fan, I like the games and they have a unique enough feel for me to make me want to continue their existence in the western world.

I will buy any upcomming game on release to put my money where my mouth is as I have with Yakuza 4 (from which I bought the special edition with the steelbook) however to this day I have yet to start the game...

But that is due to the fact I like to try and be a completionist and with the years the games keep adding and certain games take a while to complete, it took me 2 years and 4 months to platinum Yakuza 3, and I usually don't like starting the next game of a series until I finished the previous one, yet I did it with Assassin's Creed and Batman series.

I actually did send a few emails to them. And I agree with your points totally though. 

Thank you it's good to remember we are likely to realize more with politeness then demanding, however it's easy to get that way as you yourself kinda did by calling them douches for not localizing games, wording it that way won't do us any favors if directed at Sega themselves although I'm quite sure you didn't in your e-mails.

However somebody on the Sega forums responded with a bit more weight behind him and if I may I like to quote this person.

Hey guys - thanks for reaching out. smile.png

While there's no insight that I can really add, I did want to offer some words of advice and encouragement!

First, it's always really great to see fans organizing in ways like this. When I was at SEGA, some of my favorite moments were watching the creative ways that people would rally to support the games and series they loved, or when they would write in personal letters to us. Positive energy being used in positive ways does make a lasting impact, even if not in the way we may expect, or ever predict.

The great faux pas that so many groups fall into, and one to always be mindful of, is the "we demand" state of mind. It's easy to run into this, especially when you may view a publisher's silence as a personal insult or slight. The reality of the situation may be far different, and the people on the other side of the monitor may very well want to reach out to you, to talk to you - but are in a situation where they're unable to do so.

Remember that those you are reaching out to - be it through letters, video, or other media - are real people, too, and always keep in this mind when you devise and plan ways to pass your message along to them. Spamming them, insulting them, or overloading them will only hurt your cause, not help it. Often these people may be some of your biggest champions, fighting hard for you behind the scenes, but you may never realize it. So, in short, be kind!

Finally, remember that for a business, numbers speak perhaps loudest of all. Do you remember when the fans rallied to surge the sales of the original Valkyria Chronicles, right around the time of a price drop some years ago? Or when the Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F banner on Facebook last year went on to become the most liked and shared image SEGA had ever released (for any IP - including Sonic, Total War, etc)? These are amazing success stories of excellent games and franchises, backed by the positive efforts of fans such as yourselves.

Think creatively. Think positively. Rally others to your cause.

And, just as importantly, don't give up.

This is the best advice I can give you, from one fan to another. Good luck!

• Like 1