removed

Toxi

#87 Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

1Lafe960.png

Eternal Light

Proof of a true master who has excelled in all things and has collected all possible trophies.

I don't play many role playing games, I find the gameplay is often lacking and fetch quests don't excite me, so I tend to only play ones which I know will have a solid story. The only series' which I've played in the last few years are Final Fantasy and Persona, and I'm a fan of both. I was looking forward to this after enjoying FFXIII & XIII-2 but was left very disappointed. The story is "much ado about nothing." I skipped most of the sub quest dialogue which was very long at times and just not interesting at all. Of course I watched all the main story scenes, hoping it would improve, it didn't. I had next to no interest in anything story-wise that by the time my favourite characters from XIII showed up it was too little, too late. Another small issue I have is with the graphics, it just looks muddy, with the locations being very bland, strange how the graphics in this series somehow have gotten worse with each passing game.

As for any positives, the Battle System has been slightly tweaked for the better. Also the lack of earning XP from battles meant no level grinding, which was a huge positive for me. Overall I can't recommend this to fans, even if you enjoyed the previous game.

I think I'll start MGSV: Ground Zeroes next, have been looking forward to playing that for a long time! Not in a hurry to play anything else from my backlog except Puppeteer, so I'll probably go back and properly start The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD. Great game and from what I've played it makes other HD remakes look quite lazy.

• Like 1

NICE! How much did that entertainment center cost you?

Thanks! It's not complete yet, still haven't decided if I'll get speakers or a sound bar. I think the TV was around £1500-ish.

Nice to see you new platinum bud :) sad you didn't like lightning returns, I thought it was a great way to finish lightning story, but like I told you before, the gameplay is what shines, the original still the best of the trilogy :)

Lets see what comes next, shall we?

I really wanted to enjoy it, just expected a lot more from the story, especially the ending, which I don't blame you for. ;) I honestly couldn't understand 100% what was going on sometimes. Definitely not a 'bad' game though, and you're right the gameplay was improved.

TLoUR or P4G for #40? Hard decision for you considering your love for both. xD

Awesome list and completion percentage man, and I'm digging the checklist as well. :) I've been meaning to make one for quite a while but at the moment I really can't be bothered haha, pretty sure it wouldn't look as nice as yours does anyway. ;)

Ta. Appreciate it. Ha. Yeah, looking at your collection I can see why you might be delaying it mate. It'll be a beast of a list though. ;)

How's Surgeon Simulator? Played the first level and can tell it's gonna be a nightmare to finish.

Edited by ToxiKirby
  • Like 2

Ta. Appreciate it. Ha. Yeah, looking at your collection I can see why you might be delaying it mate. It'll be a beast of a list though. ;)

How's Surgeon Simulator? Played the first level and can tell it's gonna be a nightmare to finish.

Thanks dude. :) 

Honestly I think it really depends on the next patch, apparently they're patching in local co-op, which I think would make everything much easier tbh. Otherwise I still think the trophies are achievable but difficult. Just need to practice a bit. I'd never played it on pc and I've done half of them. :P I was gonna ask about House of the dead as I've been thinking of getting it recently, how hard was it? Did you have much experience of games like that? Honestly I'll probably get it anyway, just curious haha. :D

• Like 1

Man you have been racking up the plats lately. Awesome job on 2 good plats :highfive:

Cheers Doc. :highfive: Made an effort to try and limit the games I'm buying and work through my backlog. I'll be starting to run out of games soon and with not much on the horizon, I should probably slow down.

Thanks dude. :) 

Honestly I think it really depends on the next patch, apparently they're patching in local co-op, which I think would make everything much easier tbh. Otherwise I still think the trophies are achievable but difficult. Just need to practice a bit. I'd never played it on pc and I've done half of them. :P I was gonna ask about House of the dead as I've been thinking of getting it recently, how hard was it? Did you have much experience of games like that? Honestly I'll probably get it anyway, just curious haha. :D

Think I must of been one of the few people completely oblivious to SS. I went in blind and was really surprised by just how awkward the controls are, fun game but can see a lot of patience will be required. Good luck!

As for HotD: Overkill it's definitely a challenging platinum which requires decent rail shooter skills. I've played all the games in the series, only casually though so I'm no expert. Some of the Challenges and S Rank requirements on the later levels seem extremely hard at first but with practice become doable. I had to borrow a PS Move as it's required for one trophy, and realistically the game would be impossible to platinum using the Dual Shock. I'd rate it around 8.5/10 in terms of difficulty.

The game itself is a lot of fun though, the story also has plenty of LoL moments.

• Like 1

Think I must of been one of the few people completely oblivious to SS. I went in blind and was really surprised by just how awkward the controls are, fun game but can see a lot of patience will be required. Good luck!

As for HotD: Overkill it's definitely a challenging platinum which requires decent rail shooter skills. I've played all the games in the series, only casually though so I'm no expert. Some of the Challenges and S Rank requirements on the later levels seem extremely hard at first but with practice become doable. I had to borrow a PS Move as it's required for one trophy, and realistically the game would be impossible to platinum using the Dual Shock. I'd rate it around 8.5/10 in terms of difficulty.

The game itself is a lot of fun though, the story also has plenty of LoL moments.

Think I was one of the others then as well, I bought it as I really liked the Trauma Center games on the wii and thought it would be like that, not the case at all. :P

Well I've ordered HotD now from amazon as well as the sony gun attachment thing for the move. Dunno if that'll be any use at all but at £13 for the pair of them I figured why not. ;) Hopefully I'll be able to plat it now haha. 

• Like 1

TLoUR or P4G for #40? Hard decision for you considering your love for both. xD

Its going to be The last of us buddy :) it was hard to decide this , but I really want to give this game a special place, and what made me choose this one was also because my 20th was the original one, and it's going to be fun making the remaster the 40th :) I will probably make persona my 50th 

Edited by Mah2c
  • Like 1

vp8bqf.jpg

I managed to get around 6 hours gameplay out out this, you can add another 5 for the trophies. Not bad for a "Demo." The Missions are short but the attention to detail and gameplay (which is far superior to anything else like it) makes doing the missions multiple times and in different ways a lot of fun. The little story included is great as usual, Chico's tapes give some background to the situation (very graphic and unpleasant.) Snakes new voice took some getting used to, but it definitely grew on me by the time I'd finished the game.

Now the long wait for The Phantom Pain, can't wait! Edited by ToxiKirby
  • Like 2

Great list toxi! I love the DK music and the Gifs :). Also your Completion rate is impressive. Keep up the good work!

Ha. Thanks! If you haven't already I'd recommend you check out the entire Tropical Freeze Soundtrack, love it! So catchy.

Doing my weekly stop :)

The Evil Within is almost in your grasp, yes!! I really love your gaming space Bud :)

Not long now. :highfive: I'm trying to resist watching any more gameplay but the closer the release date gets the more tempted I am.

• Like 1

dha3x1.jpg

Season one was great, like everyone else I enjoyed the story a lot. Season 2 though was lacking in characters which I cared about, at all. I found everyone to be either unlikeable and/or just extremely stupid, constantly making irrational decisions. (No way any of these people would survive a zombie outbreak for longer than a couple of days.) The gameplay does feel a lot more limited this time around to just pushing forward on the stick. Not complaining as I'd rather watch this type of game than play it anyway. I thought Episode 3 & 5 were by far the best and enjoyed those a lot. Overall a good game, just not the follow up I expected. S1 is a must, not sure about this one.

My Episode 5 Choices

Not the most satisfying ending, some of the situations you get put in left me feeling like whatever decision you make it will still be a wrong one.

sncw7p.jpg

34z12kw.jpg

I had this on the Wii when it first came out and enjoyed playing through again getting the trophies, a couple of which I found difficult. A fun rail shooter, even more so if you're a fan of the RE series.

Edited by Toxi
  • Like 1

Awesome bud :) You're going to get 100% completion xD, wow!!

Thanks man! not sure if I'll reach 100% just yet, if I do it won't last as i'm going to start inFAMOUS and Metro soon.

Edited by Toxi
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Marvel vs. Capcom: Origins
2L315b3f.png
Enjoyment
amz53l.gif
Hardest Trophy
Grinder
Complete the third tier of the challenge “Grinder"
"Wow! Dr. Wily has really outdone himself!"
"I am not of your world boy. I am Onslaught!"

#88 Dead Space
1Lac533d.png
Enjoyment
8/10
Hardest Trophy
Don't get cocky, kid
Survive the ADS Canon with over 50% Shield strength remaining .
"For what it's worth, you did a great job, Isaac. See you around. Or maybe not."

• Like 2

#89 Motorstorm: Apocalypse
1L61e82f.png
Enjoyment
6.5/10
Hardest Trophy
Found 'em All!
Collect 150 of the hidden MotorStorm Cards .
"Only one of us is making it out of this city alive."

#90 The King of Fighters XIII
1L4cea3a.png
Enjoyment
35ioefo.jpg
Hardest Trophy
Yes! I'm the best!
Clear 200 trials in Trial mode
"Pride isn't going to help you win. I cast mine away long ago."

Edited by Toxi
  • Like 3

#91 Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD
1L59012a.png
Enjoyment
9/10
Hardest Trophy
Sekto Suicide
Finish the game on Hard.
"Pathetic Steef. Say hello to my little pet."

#92 Under Defeat HD Deluxe Edition
1Lcac9f5.png
Enjoyment
6/10
Hardest Trophy
Stockpiling Arms
Score a specific amount or higher for ammunition conservation.

20th Ultra Rare :platinum:
#93 TMNT: Out of the Shadows
1L328376.png
Enjoyment
7/10
Hardest Trophy
Extra Anchovies
Complete round 20 in Survival Mode.
"We're just here for April." "Too bad. You get me instead."

Edited by Toxi
  • Like 2