Gota's Brief Blogs: PS4's Worrying Trends

Gotakibono

For people complaining about remasters and remakes, too bad, they're here to stay. After game developers found out with the PS3 that people will buy the same game again with a graphics upgrade and some other tweaks, and that they can make money off of it with less effort than you would have to spend just making a new game, of course they're going to do it. You as gamers set the precedent for them by buying the remakes already. So while they're (hopefully) busy making new games for the PS4 and rolling the dice on new products, they're going to make some easy cash with little effort by throwing known sellers like The Last of Us, Tomb Raider, and GTAV at you again because it's a sure thing. Game companies are businessmen in the industry to make money.

Thank you for sparing me the time type this thought out as it is 100% on point. Developers, Manufacturers etc are all in the business to make money, plain and simple. Its the first rule of business.. TO MAKE MONEY. Gamers seem to lose sight of how much revenue is needed to maintain a successful business. Yes everybody likes new games that are fresh and new ( me included) but where do you think the money comes from to pay for development and manufacturing? Video Game Fairy? lol? I like to see it as when a developer starts working on a Remaster, that means they are looking for additional revenue streams to support their new projects! Either way nice blog Gota! Sparks some good conversations

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for sparing me the time type this thought out as it is 100% on point. Developers, Manufacturers etc are all in the business to make money, plain and simple. Its the first rule of business.. TO MAKE MONEY. Gamers seem to lose sight of how much revenue is needed to maintain a successful business. Yes everybody likes new games that are fresh and new ( me included) but where do you think the money comes from to pay for development and manufacturing? Video Game Fairy? lol? I like to see it as when a developer starts working on a Remaster, that means they are looking for additional revenue streams to support their new projects! Either way nice blog Gota! Sparks some good conversations

Exactly. You have to pay the bills at home before spending money on a night out, after all. 

• Like 1

I understand I may be on the unpopular side for this topic, but I love the remastered, complete edition, hd remake releases.

As an avid fan of Playstation, I truly enjoy seeing games I enjoyed playing and/or never got the chance to play coming out for the newer generations. I missed out on sleeping dogs when it released on the ps3 because I lacked the console to play it on. Now the remastered edition will allow me to play through a game that i've heard great things about. Sure, the complete editions of game post release on the same generation are a tad irritating, but for the most part, I think the remakes really help open the realm of opportunity.