Would PvZ make a good Youtube series?

PvZ - Is it child friendly?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should Plants vs Zombies be used as a game on TheTeacherGamers Youtube channel?

Hi all,

On my channel I look at using video games in education and I was wondering if you thought this game was a good idea for one to feature on a child friendly channel? What I was thinking was it could be portrayed as a child friendly answer to call of duty?

Vote yes or no in my poll and if you'd like to pop a little comment below with your reasons :)

Thanks all,

Matt (TheTeacherGamer)

I wonder if the humour of a game like PvZ is accessible to kids? I mean, for sure its not innapropriate or anything (the Michael Jackson zombies aside) but I kind of thought the pop cap games are child friendly, but not necessarily FOR children, I reckon the humour is more teen and up.

I would have though something like Jacob Jones, Little Riddle, The Unfinished Swan or even Rayman for kids?

Thank you for all the responses so far, having not yet played the game I was unsure as to whether it was suitable. Reading your comments has helped paint a better picture of the game to me, maybe the humour of the game steers more towards teenage years and there might be other games far more suitable? Let me know if I'm on the right lines!

I wonder if the humour of a game like PvZ is accessible to kids? I mean, for sure its not innapropriate or anything (the Michael Jackson zombies aside) but I kind of thought the pop cap games are child friendly, but not necessarily FOR children, I reckon the humour is more teen and up.

I would have though something like Jacob Jones, Little Riddle, The Unfinished Swan or even Rayman for kids?

Those games are all great suggestions thanks! Would you also put games like ratchet and clank in contention?

Well personally, playing it was pretty bland, you can tell how I feel about watching someone else play it... 

haha I'm guessing it isn't the most entertaining game to play then, I watched someone on youtube playing it and I did quite enjoy it, but i guess that is because i'm more into the "kid" games

It is a very interesting game, but also child friendly, yes. There are no kill dead ratios and so on, graphics look like a cartoon, so yes i think it would be ok!

Thanks Daki :) I must admit even at the age of 22, I still want to go and give it a go :P

Thank you for all the responses so far, having not yet played the game I was unsure as to whether it was suitable. Reading your comments has helped paint a better picture of the game to me, maybe the humour of the game steers more towards teenage years and there might be other games far more suitable? Let me know if I'm on the right lines!

Those games are all great suggestions thanks! Would you also put games like ratchet and clank in contention?

haha I'm guessing it isn't the most entertaining game to play then, I watched someone on youtube playing it and I did quite enjoy it, but i guess that is because i'm more into the "kid" games

Thanks Daki :) I must admit even at the age of 22, I still want to go and give it a go :P

Oh My God yes, I'm in my teens and I loved when I first played Ratchet and Clank at around 8. You should definitely use it! (Maybe skip the first one though, its a bit boring compared to the second).

Thanks Daki :) I must admit even at the age of 22, I still want to go and give it a go :P Fierce_DeityX1 said, Little Big Planet is 

No problem i am here to help. Also what Fierce_DeityX1 said Little Big Planet woluld also be great for children.

And i just saw that BAZINGA0802 said, i am also a teen and i like Ratchet and Clank. 

Edited by DakiGamer93

Depends on the age group - personally i'd probably leave out R&C, as they are chalk-full of sexual innuendo (might be above a kids head, but still!), but the Sly Cooper games are a good alternative - very kid friendly, but with good, pixar-type characters. (You might go nuts doing them with Bentley's voice though - it's like nails on a chalkboard to me!)