Xbox One and PS4, But Not Wii U, Eventually Getting Street Fighter

WuTangJase-

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-and-ps4-but-not-wii-u-eventually-getting-/1100-6421799/

We know it has to happen at some point, but Capcom producer Yoshinori Ono, who was producer on Street Fighter IV, confirmed that current-gen consoles are going to get a Street Fighter game...eventually.

Responding to fan on Twitter that asked, "Are we going to get a Street Fighter game on the Xbox One andPS4?" Ono wrote: "Hahaha, some time or other..." But fans hoping for a Wii U version are out of luck, Ono also wrote, "I apologize that we don't have plans for Wii U... ."

That doesn't mean that Ono is necessarily working on the project directly, however. Ono is currently working as a producer on Deep Down, though he recently stepped down from directing the Capcom Vancouver studio and he remarked that a theoretical Street Fighter V will not be pay-to win.

The last iteration of the franchise was Ultra Street Fighter IV, which took a staggered release with physical and digital versions releasing at separate times earlier this year.

I remember the guy who created Street Fighter said they wouldn't be working on V till 2018 maybe it's that delays Tekken X street fighter game announce in 2010 dood

If you mean the Namco one, that shouldn't really affect Capcom, Harada is developing that.. hopefully hear some more of it at TGS.. I have the weird feeling it's been cancelled since he is now working on Tekken 7..

Glad Nintendo finally suffers from their cheap business model, it's like they get away with everything because they are older than sony and ms. Why is no one bothered by the pokemon games being the same every year!? I got flamed on for bringing it up on another forum. Nostalgia denial!

• Like 1

Glad Nintendo finally suffers from their cheap business model, it's like they get away with everything because they are older than sony and ms. Why is no one bothered by the pokemon games being the same every year!? I got flamed on for bringing it up on another forum. Nostalgia denial!

Could not agree with you more. Maybe if Nintendo would package their console with a controller instead of that hand held peripheral people would learn to take them a little more seriously. And you are right if you switched annual "pokemon" with annual "COD" the conversation would be very different.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ultra came to PS4, seeing as how Sony, Madcatz and Capcom teamed up to make the TE2 fightstick to have a PS3/PS4 slide switch. I look forward to it because I want Guilty Gear Xrd to be the first fighting game I play seriously.

As much as if like to join in on the Nintendo discussion, this isn't the thread to do so.