Worth getting the Ps vita Borderlands 2 bundle?

Khriz134

I really would like to get the ps vita but im still kinda in the middle. Before you ask no im not a huge fan of Jap games (I seen theres a bunch in vita). Is it worth getting it at this point? How is remote play with the ps4? Are better games coming to vita? Whats better, old or slim? I dont want to waste my time on buying the vita when is no getting good games.

(If this been asked before [went 4 pages and found nothing] then just guide me to the right thread.)

Thank you in advance.

You're the only one that can decide if it is worth it. Take a look at the games that are already released as well as the games that are coming out and see how many you'd enjoy playing. If you have a decent list of games you'd like to play I'd say the Vita is worth the money, if you only see a few interesting games then save your money. 

Parker

• Like 3

Been having the same thoughts like, late last year...

But after some deep deliberation, weighing pros and cons, I've decided to give it a pass...

Have decided to buy a WiiU instead, on my next console purchase..just think about it..if you're married and have growing kids,

Like in my case, one 2yr old boy and a newly born boy. And my wife does not fall under the "Hardcore gamer" but she knows how to appreciate the AAA games that I play both in PS3 and PS4..wouldn't it be nice to buy a console that would cater the 'casualness' of your family members.  :yay: 

Now, don't get me wrong bud, you may not be married or something, but am just sighting you an example

or drawing you a picture, to help you make the right decision on your next purchase. :highfive:    

At the end of the day, Final decision is still yours!

-Razgriz

Get Borderlands 2 on PS3 and go buy yourself a 1st gen Vita.

Games I would suggest for Vita (Not Borderlands 2):
-Danganronpa
-God of War Collection
-Gravity Rush
-Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
-Rogue Legacy
-Uncharted Golden Abyss
-Virtue's Last Reward (I encourage you to play 999 first on DS or iOS)

-WipEout 2048

Games coming soon
-Danganronpa 2
-Duke Nukem 3D
-God of War Collection Vol 2 (Origins)

I'm sure there's other great games others would suggest like Persona 4 Golden, but there's my list. I may be forgetting some games.

• Like 2

I would recommend what Nuttro93 said. I actually bought the borderlands bundle. Here is my opinion. I actually like the second gen vita. for me the bigger screen and smaller touch pad in the back is a selling point. As for borderlands 2 for the vita, well it has alot of issues.

1. prepare to have the game crash, a lot. This is something that has frustrated me a lot with this game. when I'm making good progress it will sometimes crash which is extremely frustrating for doing even the most random things like going through your inventory your menu bar.

2. Doesn't have tiny Tina ' s assault on dragon keep. if you're going for 100 percent, that alone is going to screw you over.

3. One of the parts in a map in the dlc you can't discover due to a glitch they have yet to patch.

that's all I can think of on the top of my head for now. if you do get the borderlands 2 bundle, you could always send me a message on PSN if you want to play. However I would wait for a possible better bundle if they make one in the future

Edited by Spazcannon

I think Vita is an awesome handheld. I spend more time playing it than my PS3. Here is my quite big guide on Vita games for you:

Best games:

Persona 4 Golden - it's a safe bet, the game is one of the best RPGs of the last 10 years;

Sly Cooper Trilogy and Sly 4 - good platformers, worth the purchase. The ports are well done;

Uncharted Golden Abyss - It's better than Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. It's not as good as UC2 and UC3, but is better than UC1 and that is already awesome;

Gravity Rush - a good TPP game, you will have some fun playing with gravity, you should like it;

Tearaway - pure awesomeness! Such games come so rarely, that it's a crime to miss them. The game is an instant classic and will be remembered for generations to come;

Killzone: Mercenary - by far the best FPS game on Vita. The graphics are incredible, they challenge PS3 games, the campaign is among the best in KZ franchise, has nice replayability, an awesome game in short  :)

Guacamelee - a mandatory purchase! Great Metroidvania;

Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack - another great and funny indie platformer;

Rayman Origins and Legends - both great games that look gorgeous on the OLED screen and imo fit a handheld better than a TV;

Hotline Miami - a great indie game;

Little Big Planet Vita - absolutely the best game in the series;

Need For Speed: Most Wanted - a great racer, the best you can get on a handheld;

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation - a full-scale AC game on Vita. Many people complain about it, but I had a blast playing AC on the go :)

Borderlands 2 - at the moment there are some issues with framerate, but patches are being released all the time, so the game should work good soon  :)

FIFA - it doesn't matter which one you buy, it's the same game with updated squads and jersey's (literarly - it's exactly the same game every year, not like on a home console, where they do change some stuff, it's just re-skinning  :( ), so just pick the cheapest one  :P FIFA 13 is probably the best, as it's cheap and has some minor upgrades when comparing to the older FIFA: Football. Still - great, fun and very well executed football games, the best you can get on the go   :)

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD - great games, legendary classics;

Tales of Hearts R - not yet released, but will be great when it comes  ;)

Lone Survivor - a Silent Hill in 2D  :)

Sword Art Online - just released, a good jRPG;

Danganronpa 1&2 - will probably be this years GOTY on Vita. Everyone who played it is crazy about it :)

Virtue's Last Reward - a great visual novel with puzzle and mystery solving elements - if you like such games, you will love it, I did;

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus - sexy teen ninjas with massive boobs. Nuff said. The gameplay is solid as well :)

Good games:

Ys: Memories of Celceta (a cool hack&slash), Soul Sacrifice Delta (a very well written hunting game), Thomas Was Alone (charming indie), Stranger's Wrath (a really good FPS with a long and interesting single player campaign), The Walking Dead (has some stutters though), Unit 13 - a good TPP shooter, History: Legends of War (if you want a turn strategy game), Muramasa Rebirth (an incredibly beautiful h&s/platformer), Batman: Blackgate (a good 2.5D platformer), , Mind=0 (a dungeon crawler jRPG, looks a bit like a Persona rip-off  ;) ), Demon Gaze (good jRPG), Conception II (a good RPG, also if you like rubbing sexy girls...  ;) ), Deception IV (a game where you're the devil setting up traps for adventurers exploring your dungeon - a well executed game), Wip3out (a very good futuristic racer). Playstation All-Star Battle Royale (a fighter, kinda a Smash-clone), Natural Doctrine (another interesting Japanese game), Earth Defence Force and a great number of other games...  :)

Avoid:

Resistance, CoD: Declassified, Spy Hunter (it's a port from 3DS... yuck!), Jak & Daxter (the port job is awful, the framerate kills the fun - just play it on PS3)

I recommend a purchase, but only if you dare to try the Japanese games, as they form the majority of games and this will only grow with Western support being very limited due to people in the West not buying many games (though you can help change that! Haha). I'm sure you won't regret this purchase.

thank you everyone that replied, expecially Scisca for writing all that. One of the reason im looking at the bundle its because comes with Vita, game, and 8Gb memory card (I believe). Europe playstation just released a bundle coming soon with 5 games, hopefuly it comes to US. Couple more questions.

1. Whats the big difference between Vita 1000 and 2000? I know it is the led or something like that

2. Remote Play is what my hopes are, how fast/ slow it is and how far can I play on ps vita?

3. What would be a good size memory card?

Edited by Khriz134

You're welcome.

Vita 1000 has the gorgeous OLED screen. The colours are so vibrant it makes games like Rayman look outstanding.

Vita 2000 has an LCD screen, which is obviously a downgrade, but it's lighter, more ergonomical, has 1GB of memory and the batery lasts 1h longer. Also some buttons are easier to press. It also uses a micro-USB cable instead of the proprietory one in the OG Vita.

The choice is yours, both have their pros and cons. I have the OLED one and I love it, but you'll be fine with the new one as well. Especially if you don't have the old one to compare what the colours look like on it ;) I have my Vita in a protective rubber case, which not only protects Vita from damage (it fell out of my pocket on concrete once - nothing happened thanks to it!!), but also makes it easier to hold the console, not touch the back touch-panel and makes it easier to press the troublesome start/select/ps buttons. So much win :) I recommend getting something like it.

I haven't tried remote play, but everyone says it works great, much better than anyone expected and not only when you're in the same wi-fi as your PS4.

My mem card is 32 GB and while I can't honestly say it's too small, it's always full :P PS+ makes sure of it. You get so many games through PS+ that you should buy every game in retail if you have the option to do so :) Obviously 64 GB is the best option, you will fill it up easily, but you can easily survive with 32 GB. Maybe even 16 GB if you don't mind deleting games often.

I saw that bundle with Uncharted, Tearaway, Gravity Rush, etc. today - insane value!! And if you buy a bundle with a 8 GB card you can always buy a bigger one and keep the 8 GB one for your Playstation TV :P $99 for that console is a steal :)

Also, some other good games you should check out are: Ratchet and Clank Trilogy (a very good port), Dokuro (a nice platformer), Child of Light (a great little RPG by Ubisoft), Disgaea 4 (an epic sRPG), Dragon's Crown (an old-school hack 'n' slash with OTT art style), you can try out Dungeon Hunter, Rainbow Moon, Football Manager, WRC4, Sine Mora (a pretty shooter), Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery is a cute adventure game, there is Broken Sword as well. And if you like fighters, you'll be in heaven! Vita has so many fighters that it's pointless to name them, you have to do your own research.

Quite a few games fo you :P And it's all on top of the massive PSX and PSP library... It's worth noting that PSP games look and run better on Vita than on PSP :P and PSX classics look better on a small screen than on your 50" TV... Trust me ;)

Edited by Scisca

I was looking to getting lego marvel for vita since I like the ps3 version but I seen couple of videos of how the gameplay looks and I'm not a big fan. Does it feel weird playing it? How are the missions?

All Lego games on Vita are ports from the 3DS. I don't mind them, but they aren't anywhere near as good.

Found a old vita, 16gb memory, case, and charger for $160 in a pawn shop. It sounds like a deal but what you guys think? Go with new slim with technacly 9Gb memory and game, or used vita with 16gb memory? From what I saw, it only has 2 small scratches but not on the main screen.

So I had to go with the Old version because 2 Gamestop, Wal-Mart, Best buy, and Target didn't not have the bundle so I bought the Old, case, and 16gb for $170.

I got questions:

1. I have read that the vita is account locked, do I have to restart system to put my account?

2. The memory came with couple games. Am I able to keep those games or I'm better off formatting the memory card?