Original Game

On the front of the package it says that it has a bonus for including the original game. Does anyone know how to access the original game? I haven't been able to find a menu where you could play the original game. Since they are 2 separate games with 2 different trophy lists, I would assume that the original game would have an option somewhere in the menus.

I traded the original diablo III in for reaper of souls because it said it came with the original game so I was wondering if anyone had figured that out.

So it doesn't include the original game then? wow talk about false advertising. Idk Reaper of souls is different than the original diablo III. I am not sure how they can claim for it to include the original game. They should just say, "we remade the original game", because essentially it is a Diablo III remake, NOT the original game.

Oh wait, it includes elements of the original game. Well that's different. Then why did they put a picture of the original game on the front of the box and say "look bonus you get the original diablo III game as well". That's fucked up.

Edited by allenbird

That's fucked up.

Not really.

Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls for PC is ONLY the expansion Reaper of Souls, i.e. Act 5. So you would not be able to play Acts 1-4 or even the expansion, Act 5, without the main game. Reaper of Souls introduced new mechanics which naturally are going to affect the entire game. That does not make it a remake by any stretch of the imagination or contain just some "elements of the original game".

They're saying the original game is included otherwise people would wonder if they needed to keep their original Diablo 3 copy in order to play and then people would complain about it being so much, $40 on PS3/Xbox 360, for just the expansion.

Yeah quite. I had to go out and purchase the original diablo III again because I wasn't done with the trophies yet because of that misleading piece of information.

I thought reaper of souls was just an expansion, and by name on the diablo-wiki it is an expansion, but the PS3 game Diablo III- reaper of Souls is a Diablo III remake. I have never seen them do that before.

It is fucked up in my situation boone because I wasn't done with the original Diablo III, so I had to go out and spend extra money anyways.

2 separate trophy lists that have a majority of different trophies, and take out big features like normal, nightmare, hell and inferno modes, along with some other differences make them two different games.

This isn't the PC. This is the console. So for trophy purposes on this trophy site, it is misleading for those of us looking to complete these games.

Edited by allenbird

It's more like a massive update that reworked the game from the ground up.

On pc it's just like a HUGE patch.

On console they said that it was too big of a content to release as DLC, so they went with this re-release with everything on the disc.

Edited by DocDoomII

Keeping the name the same is a bit unusual I'll grant you that but there was also nothing stopping you from doing a little research yourself to make sure.

You are right. I was an idiot for not realizing there were 2 separate trophy lists. I was "assuming" it was like a GOTY edition like any other game that comes out with the extra DLC attached where you could continue using the same save file and nothing much would change other than some added features and some bonus dlc content.

That is on me. I guess I was hoping that the "bonus original game" was somewhere on the disk and I couldn't find it.

Edited by allenbird

If it includes the original game it doesn't mean it has to have the same trophy list. It'd be false advertising if it said ''shares the same trophy list as Diablo 3!!''. The new trophy list released here a few days before release, and a month ago on x360a, so you could've just googled if it shares the list. 

Edited by Saltyie

It's an expansion, which basically is a new game. Technically you did get the original diablo 3 as the first 4 acts are included. No false advertisement here.

It isn't the original game though. eh not that it matters really but playing through reaper of souls there are some obvious differences from the original game. the false advertisement I was talking about was the fact that they show a picture of the original game on the cover. The first 4 acts from the original game does not equal the original game. Sure it is an element of the original game but they changed a lot as well so it's not the original game technically.

moot point

Just for future reference, you can't play the main game with just the expansion.

StarCraft Heart of the Swarm is not the same game as Wings of Liberty and the same goes for Warcraft 3 the Frozen Throne, it's a total new game compared to Reign of Chaos. In this case the original game was included, the fact that there were minor changes implemented has nothing to do with false advertising from a legal standview. Let me ask you, are you able to play the first four Acts? There is your answer. Now you're just pissing on ants, I'm sure that from now on when buying an expansion you will not get rid of the main game before having actually finished it.

Just rent the vanilla to clean up your last few trophies and happy dungeon crawling. Diablo's a great game!

Edited by Goekie