The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter - gameplay trailer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

This game has amazing visuals, very nice soundtrack and... that's it. The story is boring and almost not existing, gameplay nearly none. It's like they build a beautiful world but forgot to put a game into it. Really. It absolutely is what's defining a walking simulator. I don't understand how people can say this is beautiful. It just looks beautiful but it's a terrible game. If you could walk into a beautiful painting in a museum - that's what it would feel like. 

Now let's get into something more interesting stuff for those of you who read this and already played the game: Did you know that the places that are in the game are actually existing? They're in the south of Poland, check this out: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Karpacz,+Polen/@50.7776559,15.7239939,3a,75y,90t/data=!3m8!1e2!3m6!1sAF1QipN4LZx-TbMfhHxZsrs_GsHDDf0qFnxyyWc4AbXt!2e10!3e12!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipN4LZx-TbMfhHxZsrs_GsHDDf0qFnxyyWc4AbXt%3Dw203-h135-k-no!7i2048!8i1365!4m5!3m4!1s0x470ee88d73559599:0x751cd03fa187aae2!8m2!3d50.7758815!4d15.7555976

Just browse through the pictures a little and you'll find something you've seen in the game. 

Edited by Solid-Fisch
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Solid-Fisch said:

This game has amazing visuals, very nice soundtrack and... that's it. The story is boring and almost not existing, gameplay nearly none. It's like they build a beautiful world but forgot to put a game into it. Really. It absolutely is what's defining a walking simulator. I don't understand how people can say this is beautiful. It just looks beautiful but it's a terrible game. If you could walk into a beautiful painting in a museum - that's what it would feel like.

I kinda liked playing this game, mostly because of the Lovecraftian atmosphere (lots of Cthulhu feels); still I treated it as a break from "major gaming involvement", it has been like a small break for me. I guess that games like this, What Remains of Edith Finch and Gone Home to name a few are perfect for this purpose.

10 hours ago, Solid-Fisch said:

Now let's get into something more interesting stuff for those of you who read this and already played the game: Did you know that the places that are in the game are actually existing? They're in the south of Poland, check this out: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Karpacz,+Polen/@50.7776559,15.7239939,3a,75y,90t/data=!3m8!1e2!3m6!1sAF1QipN4LZx-TbMfhHxZsrs_GsHDDf0qFnxyyWc4AbXt!2e10!3e12!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipN4LZx-TbMfhHxZsrs_GsHDDf0qFnxyyWc4AbXt%3Dw203-h135-k-no!7i2048!8i1365!4m5!3m4!1s0x470ee88d73559599:0x751cd03fa187aae2!8m2!3d50.7758815!4d15.7555976

Just click to the pictures a little and you'll find something you've seen in the game. 

You just blown my mind. The church in particular is identical. Wow!

3 hours ago, Adras_Nightmare said:

I kinda liked playing this game, mostly because of the Lovecraftian atmosphere (lots of Cthulhu feels); still I treated it as a break from "major gaming involvement", it has been like a small break for me. I guess that games like this, What Remains of Edith Finch and Gone Home to name a few are perfect for this purpose.

Played both games too. Gone Home was bit boring as well for me, What Remains Of Edith Finch was fantastic! 

3 hours ago, Adras_Nightmare said:

You just blown my mind. The church in particular is identical. Wow!

You're welcome. my mind was blown too when I first saw this.

1 hour ago, Solid-Fisch said:

Played both games too. Gone Home was bit boring as well for me, What Remains Of Edith Finch was fantastic!

I agree. Of the three it is the one I enjoyed the most: it had a really entertaining (and somewhat creepy) storyline, and I just wanted to know what happened to all those unlucky Finches so I finished it in less than one day ?