Favorite "Hyperdimension Neptunia" game, discussions, announcements, and Fan Page

DarknessKey92

Hyperdimension Neptunia Poll  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What is your Favorite Hyperdimension Neptunia Game?

• Hyperdimension Neptune
    • Hyperdimension Neptune: Mk2
    • Hyperdimension Neptunia: Victory
    • Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection
    • Hyperdimension Neptunia: Re;Birth1
    • Hyperdimension Neptune: Re;Birth2 Sisters Generation
    • Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart
    • Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed
    • Hyperdimension Neptunia: Re;Birth 3: V Century/Generation
    • Hyperdimension Neptunia: Victory II

So far it has to be Victory. Addition of Plutia and Peashy made it a hilarious hilarious game. Currently waiting on my LE of Re;birth as I honestly can't stand the first games combat. Just sad they axed NISA from the game. I loved my little Kamen Rider.

Victory. The first game sucked, period. The 2nd was a major improvement and victory just build on that. PP idol is nice but it really can't compete with the other games, it's just a nice distraction to satisfy our hyperdimension needs untill we get the next installment. :P 

Can't wait to get my hands on re;birth 1 tho. I never really finished the first game, couldn't stand it. 

So far it has to be Victory. Addition of Plutia and Peashy made it a hilarious hilarious game. Currently waiting on my LE of Re;birth as I honestly can't stand the first games combat. Just sad they axed NISA from the game. I loved my little Kamen Rider.

Limited Edition? What did that include, I got the standard edition, not knowing it had a Limited Edition.

-_- I Really need to get this Series's Collector's Edition 1 day...I am hoping for a "Victory 2 Collector's Edition" though. 

Edited by DarknessKey92

• 2 months later...

So Today After picking up AC Unity, I Decided to Pre-Order & Pay off Both Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2: Sisters Generation Set to Release 1/27/2015 & Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart set to release 2/24/2015.

I originally intended to wait until i saw them announce A Limited Edition for 1 of these titles before pre-Ordering them, but then said(in case we don't get 1) "I Don't wanna miss out on these games", which resulted in me making the pre-Order today.

If it turns out similar to last time, where we got a Limited Edition announced @ the last min; I'll really try to get it fast, then cancel my Standard Edition later.

Unlike last time, i'm actually checking up on the site's page 3 times(3 days) each week; and I really hope Hyperdevotion Noire gets the Limited Edition this time(IMO).

Is it already announced when Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory II comes to PS4?

I really want these avatars to the EU PSN Store.

The Japanese Version will be released Some time in Spring 2015.

However the Localization of the English Version will probably be set to release some time around 2016 or 2017, since they still have to localize Re:Birth 3 V & U First.

So far The Hyperdimension Neptunia Series is becoming the Console Seller for the Vita(for me), on a count that all the games I've only been Pre-Ordered for my "Future Vita" are all from this Series.

I'm also currently Playing Hyperdimension Neptunia(PS3 Version), and not gonna Lie..."I'm honestly Enjoying the game, and not having Issues with the mechanics; I found them pretty Cool actually, Once i understood them".

The only thing I don't like:

Is that I can't sell any of the Materials I use to make Healing Items or Skills...etc(i currently have maxed Reflex).

The way I start every Dungeon is:

First I use IF's Search Skill to get an understanding(Direction wise) of where the Blue chest is, so I know where to go first; then use Compa's Bell to get The Enemies out of the way for a while as I try to search/travel the Area.

Once in battle, I test the damage each Bullet & :triangle: /  :circle: Attack does on the enemy I've targeted, to find out which weaknesses they might hold(Once learned, I can just use that learned Weakness for future battles); and focus my attacks on the most recent Monster set for a turn(in hopes to completely avoid any damage from them).

So far I'm grinding doing almost every Dungeon(Including Duable Side-Dungeons) 5 times(Because that's just my way of playing).

Game's not really that bad as I had heard people make it out to be, but this is just me of course.

Story wise:

I'm starting to get more drawn to IF, since she's obviously playing a larger roll this game in apposed to her role in Victory(Which is the game I started the Series).

So yeah I'm gonna take my time with this game, even though I should rush a little due to Hatsune Miku Project Diva F 2nd releasing this 11/18/2014.

Edited by DarknessKey92
  • Like 1

Although Victory is the best game overall quality-wise, the original is still my favourite despite its flaws, as it is the title that stays true to the dungeon crawler/turn-based RPG (which so happens to be my favourite kind of sub-genre in any RPG).  The battle system was more enjoyable than mk2's and Victory's imo, and the music was more memorable than the two sequel's which kind of ended up being forgettable dance tracks.

I think we've gotten to the point where Compile Heart needs to take a serious break from the franchise though...

• Like 3

I think we've gotten to the point where Compile Heart needs to take a serious break from the franchise though...

NOOOOO! We couldn't survive without Neppys xD

For me, it is and will stay (probably 'till Rebirth xD) Victory.

It was my first and Plutie was the main character. And... for me, Nep franchise started because of Plue :D

NOOOOO! We couldn't survive without Neppys xD

Although I agree and I love the characters in the Neptunia games, its popularity has led to CH churning multiple games out a year.  The recent PS4 Neptunia took so many shortcuts in different aspects which I saw from a friend playing it.  I don't want the quality of the franchise to go down due to it increase in popularity, is all, which is something I fear for the franchise.

Plus, I miss the Agarest franchise...

Although I agree and I love the characters in the Neptunia games, its popularity has led to CH churning multiple games out a year.  The recent PS4 Neptunia took so many shortcuts in different aspects which I saw from a friend playing it.  I don't want the quality of the franchise to go down due to it increase in popularity, is all, which is something I fear for the franchise.

Plus, I miss the Agarest franchise...

As Much as I like the Neptunia Series, I have to agree that Compile Heart should take a break from the series.

It's become a AC & CoD where they release a game yearly since 2010, but have released 2 games on 2013 & 4 this 2014.

They released(In Japan):

Hyperdimension Idol Neptunia PP(June 20) & Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1(October 31) in 2013

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2(March 20) & Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart(May 29) & Hyperdimension Neptunia U(August 28) & Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3: V Century(yet to release, but will next month December 18) in 2014.

Seeing their Release Track Record I wouldn't be Surprised if the Release date for Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory 2 becomes August 2015.

Plus the Series is capable of taking a break, since each game's Arc gets concluded in the end.

For sure Arfoire is going to be back in Victory 2, and after seeing the First V's Story...I'm pretty sure "she's no longer going to be the Final Boss"(Which is good, it gives them the chance to introduce a New Villain)...lol

To be honest I'd like Compile Heart to try to make A Date A Live RPG or Hack n' Slash game, because as much as I want Date A Live: Rinne Utopia to be localized.

I know it might not happen, being a Visual Novel(outside of Japan, this genre is as sellable as a Rhythm game; which are only bought by hardcore fans of that series).

And it's an Investment NIS America might not want to make, due to the lack of sales it'll have(Unless the Date A Live Anime was so Successful enough, to have jumped the Series' Fan-base count to A significant amount).

Edited by DarknessKey92
  • Like 1

So After Seeing all the new characters Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart is going to include, I must say "I'm looking forward to playing this game, whenever I can(Don't own A PS Vita ATM)". I'm wondering if each/certain characters' personalities will also show a slight reference to their Inspired Concept as well, other then just looking like them(Since this is my 3rd attempt...After the 1st i accidentally Closed the tab, and during my 2nd try @ it Chrome fucken crashed...I just decided to Copy & pasted it from the Wiki):

• 6ga6vk.jpgLid is based on Metal Gear Solid's Snake, and uses a knife to fight.
  • 250px-Estelle.pngdq3-hero.jpgEstelle is based on Dragon Quest 3's male Hero, and uses a Sword & Shield.
  • Millifull.png24o7pmo.jpgMoru is based on Monster Hunter series and uses a mace to fight.
  • 2cq0bis.jpggry.pngBio (originally Capcom, who was leaked as a concept art for Victory) is making her debut in this game. She is based on the Resident Evil's (known as Biohazard in Japan) franchise
  • 250px-LeeFay.pngChin--Street-Fighter--psd72563.pngLeefai  is based on Street Fighter's Chun-Li.
  • 250px-Win2.pngmfhHrfcHlBGuvsYMho8DV0w.jpgWin is based on Soccer Games possibly Winning Eleven by Konami.
  • 250px-Saori2.pngShiori.jpgSaori  possibly based on Tokimeki Memorial's Shiori Fujisaki.
  • LestraRestore.png892181844_Ellis_Record_of_Agarest_War.jpLestra is based on the Record of Agarest's Ellis(child-form).
  • qs5n4y.jpgLittle Rain is based on Neverland series.
  • 29w95io.jpgGeneria · G Is likely based on the Gundam Generation games.
  • 250px-Waku.pngms-pacman.pngLady Wakku is based on classic arcade game Pac-man's Ms. Pac-man.
  • 250px-Aimasushima.jpgtumblr_mypmpq9Kyf1r0wlweo1_500.gifAi Masujima is based on The iDOLM@STER franchise.
  • Ainar.png640px-Lightning%2C_the_inspiration_for_AAin Al  with two Sword tattoo on her face based on Final Fantasy's Lightning.
  • 250px-Sango2.png9zow8i.jpgSango is based on Dynasty Warriors' Sun Shang Xiang and uses a Guan Dao Halbard.
  • 250px-Puuna2.pngOpoona.jpgPuuna  is based on Opuuna.
  • 250px-BrossaAizen.jpg28i27t0.jpgBrossa Aizen is based on Sakura Wars' Sakura Shinguji.
  • 250px-Ryuu.pngkiryu_kazuma_yakuza3.jpgRyuuka is based on The Yakuza franchise.
  • 250px-Tsunemi2.pngfyl409.pngTsunemi is based on Vocaloid's Hatsune Miku and uses music to fight.

So Yeah!, what are your Thought on these characters making their Debut in Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart?(Also Don't Quote me on this, because I don't want this post re-typed)

I'm also So excited to be able to use Fairy Fencer F's Tiara in this game:

250px-Tiara.png

Edited by DarknessKey92

I am going to have to agree with Yuzuki. I love all the content, mechanics, and characters there are in Victory, but the first game was what got me into the series. Not going to lie, absolutely hated it at the beginning, but fell in love with the characters as I played it more and eventually got the platinum for it and was hooked after that. I loved the dungeon crawling and fourth wall breaking of this series, something you don't see a lot of in games.

Also the soundtrack to these games are just plain awesome! Especially the "World of Imagination" on the Victory soundtrack (I believe it is also on Mk2 and Rebirth1) definitely my favorite track of the game and love going into those certain dungeons to just listen to it. :D

I have very fond memories of these games and cannot wait for Hyperdivotion, V II, Rebirth 2, and hopefully U (don't know if it has been announced for localization yet). 

• Like 1

Seriously, why do we have two threads about the same thing? =D

Join the fanclub =D

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/21321-hyperdimension-neptunia-fanclub/page-5

._. hmm you know this Thread was made since August 28, 2 months Earlier then that 1(November 9).

I Decided to make this Thread as A Fan Page just so people(Anyone) could share their interest over the series, while also being a Page to announce Future releases(Release Dates, Updates, Localizations, Merchandise, DLC/Avatars....Etc).

The Reason I made this A Fan Page over a Club, is because I didn't want people in the thread to argue about being Certain characters.

For instances such as "Oh I should be this character, because I changed my Avatar to that Character or Changed my name to that character".

I wanted everyone to be treated equally, so I never wanted to do this Thread in a Fan Club form....Just A simple Share your Like of the Series while Making it an announcement Page.

....But people probably just viewed it as a "What's your Favorite game Thread", and the last comment was about the Release date of HDNV2, which at the time couldn't be answered, even today "Spring 2015" is not an as good answer but it's something i guess.

I kinda didn't do much in this Thread because @ the time I had to work more, and during my free time had to work on another thread I had Neglected since July.

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/13857-which-online-game-servers-arewill-shut-down/

Then Doing Sale Threads & other Stuff...plus Playing games I needed to finish up made me visit the Forum even less(Which is why I'm not as active as before)

It wasn't until I Started Playing Hyperdimension Neptunia that I Remembered about this Thread, since I remembered people say its terrible(I wanted to share my outlook of the game).

The funny thing is: I only added the "Favorite Hyperdimension Neptunia Game" to the title, since I wanted to utilize the Poll Feature, and was only set to be a side Activity on this Thread...Which ended up being the main Focus.

Also I don't even mind there being 2 threads like this, which is why i never went to that thread & Said "Why is there another thread when I made One 2 months ago?".

Edited by DarknessKey92

So this went through my Mind today Since I got KH 2.5 HD ReMIX CE Shipped:

For some Reason Neptune reminds me of Sora from Kingdom Hearts.

Her hair almost looks similar(With the obvious exception of different colors & Nep's 2 long pieces of hair strands in front of her ears.

Even both have the hoodie thing going on, where it's just there but down the majority of the time..lol

Also Both Character's Personalities are pretty Chill & layed back, giving a honest vibe from them(Of course Nep has a Slight Advantage being very Comedic with her dialogue's delivery..I can simply listen to her all day..lol).

This is pretty cool for me, since I like both Characters quite A lot.