Favorite "Hyperdimension Neptunia" game, discussions, announcements, and Fan Page

DarknessKey92

Hyperdimension Neptunia Poll  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What is your Favorite Hyperdimension Neptunia Game?

• Hyperdimension Neptune
    • Hyperdimension Neptune: Mk2
    • Hyperdimension Neptunia: Victory
    • Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection
    • Hyperdimension Neptunia: Re;Birth1
    • Hyperdimension Neptune: Re;Birth2 Sisters Generation
    • Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart
    • Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed
    • Hyperdimension Neptunia: Re;Birth 3: V Century/Generation
    • Hyperdimension Neptunia: Victory II

Although Victory is the best game overall quality-wise, the original is still my favourite despite its flaws, as it is the title that stays true to the dungeon crawler/turn-based RPG (which so happens to be my favourite kind of sub-genre in any RPG).  The battle system was more enjoyable than mk2's and Victory's imo, and the music was more memorable than the two sequel's which kind of ended up being forgettable dance tracks.

I think we've gotten to the point where Compile Heart needs to take a serious break from the franchise though...

Really? MK2, V and re;birth1 got some really catchy tunes which are pretty hard for me to unmemorize :D

And dont forget the beachparty-theme!

YAY COCKTAILPUDDING FOR EVERYONE!

tumblr_inline_nf5wjibl9G1rbg451.jpg

CompileHeart should do a break from the franchise?!

Wha-Wha-Wha-Wha-Wha-Wha-What? o_o

NEPPU!! :o

Dude, if you want some totally seriously problems with the army of FakeCPUs here in this forum, you can have them. ^-^

giphy22.gif

• 2 weeks later...

So After Playing Hyperdimesnion Neptunia(PS3) Yesterday, I came to notice the game References A lot of Nintendo titles.

So far the game's Referenced:

• Super Mario
  • Game & Watch
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Mario Kart
  • Legend of Zelda
  • Dragon Quest
  • Super Monkey Ball

Other References I liked were for:

• Tetris
  • Street Fighter
  • Zack(FF7)
  • FF7(A lot too)
  • FF10
  • Yu-Gi-Oh!'s Exodia 
  • Resident Evil's S.T.A.R.S.
  • Maybe Power Rangers?
  • Transformers
  • Left 4 Dead
  • Dead Rising
  • Halo
  • Amazon.com
  • Pokemon
  • Xbox's "Red Ring of Death"

Although Victory is the best game overall quality-wise, the original is still my favourite despite its flaws, as it is the title that stays true to the dungeon crawler/turn-based RPG (which so happens to be my favourite kind of sub-genre in any RPG).  The battle system was more enjoyable than mk2's and Victory's imo, and the music was more memorable than the two sequel's which kind of ended up being forgettable dance tracks.

I think we've gotten to the point where Compile Heart needs to take a serious break from the franchise though...

Yes, you're right it does stay true to its Dungeon Crawler turn-based RPG style.

I also just love the References the game held, the title itself was a Fan Service Reference fest(Which I honestly Liked).

Nep is cuter.

Be pretty weird if Sora was Cuter then A Girl...lol

Really? MK2, V and re;birth1 got some really catchy tunes which are pretty hard for me to unmemorize :D

I like the Digital Tone the Tracks bear, since i'm a fan of: Techno, Electronic, and Trance.

Edited by DarknessKey92
  • Like 1

Terrible News:

If Nippon Ichi Software goes out of Business by not Selling the required Disgaea 5 Units, we can Kinda Kiss all our Future Hyperdimension Neptunia Localizations good bye; because "if The Tree dies, so do its Branches(NIS America)".

NIS America has Localizing all the PS3 Hyperdimension Neptunia games In North America, and if Nippon Ichi Software some how does go bankrupt...well it's kinda hard to think of who will Localize them in their place.

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/22311-nippon-ichi-softwarenis-reveals-that-if-ps4-exclusive-disgaea-5-isn%E2%80%99t-successful-they-%E2%80%9Cmight-not-still-be-in-business%E2%80%9D/

Edit: Okay so it Seams that Idea Factory International has been doing the most recent Localization of the Neptunia Games in NA(Starting with Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1).

But Still Nippon Ichi Software has been a great Company in charge(NIS America) of providing us with excellent games that Many(like myself) would love them to continue publishing.

I mean If it wasn't for Nippon Ichi Software, we wouldn't even have Hyperdimension Neptunia in the West @ all; I really don't want this comoany to go Bankrupt.

Edit #2:

Turns out it was all A Miss-Translation Sparked As A joke by the interviewed Employee who meant to say 

"If Disgaea 5 does not sell as planned, I, as the producer, might need to leave the Japanese gaming industry. (LOL)"

Mr. Niikawa further adds, "This comment was simply self-deprecating humor and in no way did it mean or imply that Nippon Ichi Software as a company is going bankrupt or is in financial difficulties. I was merely trying to use humor in order to get the point across that we are committed to selling 150,000 copies of Disgaea 5.”

Edited by DarknessKey92

I can't help but wonder...

Do people seriously still think anything of the main series beyond Victory is localized by NISA?

I actually met more people who think so...

The last thing NISA did was NePP and since Hyperdevotion is by IF, we can presume that NISA is no longer part of Neptunia.

Perhaps, I guess Seeing how much of a "Draw" the Series has become for them decided to break away from NIS America.

And just try to Directly make the profits, by Publishing the game themselves(Now that it's their Cash Moo!! Series).

I still respect NIS America greatly, because they're investment in the series to Localize a game like Neptunia in the West(In 2011) could have probably never happened(It took till now in 2014, for it to have a "Meh!" audience in the West) if it weren't for their Support to Publish the Games.

Perhaps, I guess Seeing how much of a "Draw" the Series has become for them decided to break away from NIS America.

And just try to Directly make the profits, by Publishing the game themselves(Now that it's their Cash Moo!! Series).

I still respect NIS America greatly, because they're investment in the series to Localize a game like Neptunia in the West(In 2011) could have probably never happened(It took till now in 2014, for it to have a "Meh!" audience in the West) if it weren't for their Support to Publish the Games.

It's actually different.

It's because NISA gave up Neps.

I have no idea why, but once Vita remakes were introduced, NISA gave up Neptunia so there was worry about future localisations before IFI introduced taking over Nep localization.

And to be absolutely objective, Neps were NISA's cash cow before IFI took over =D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

It's actually different.

It's because NISA gave up Neps.

I have no idea why, but once Vita remakes were introduced, NISA gave up Neptunia so there was worry about future localisations before IFI introduced taking over Nep localization.

And to be absolutely objective, Neps were NISA's cash cow before IFI took over =D

I have not heard anything like that, I mean NIS America was very diligent with Supporting them that they Co-Developed with them the first 2 titles(Creating NISA).

That sounds Strange to believe, I mean if Neptunia was NIS America's Cash Cow; Why on earth Drop that large amount of Localizing profit(From NIS America's Track Record, they're the one's who fans can expect to deliver on Localization; which is why their name gets tossed a lot for Localizing).

Edited by DarknessKey92

Well this is weird, I got the Level cap on Hyperdimension Neptunia(PS3), and have spent 2 days just grinding Shiva's Visit(Currently have everyone @  LV.135). 

It's like no matter how much I level up, Shiva still almost 1 hit Kills anyone if she wishes it(while in Defense mode).

Since I can't let Neptune Die have to restart from the XMB Screen(But @ least saved before the Boss battle, to pick up from that spot), and that is my only complaint in the game to be honest.

I need luck so that she doesn't One Shot Neptune/Purple Heart, in order to kill the Dragon(I can beat the dragon, and anyone else on my party is okay to die & get revived; but I can't afford to let Neptune Die or else it affects Shares).

Edited by DarknessKey92

I like more HiperDimension Neptunia V because was the first game in the series I ever play I love this games for a lot of reference of the other companies like sega,nintendo,Playstation and xbox and there games and the funnies random comments the nep-nep says every time.

I also like how they've made Playable characters(of course Half require DLC Purchase first to play within the game), inspired to reference other companies like:

• IF(Idea Factory)
  • Compa(Compile Heart)
  • Nisa(NIS America)
  • Gust(Gust Incorporated/Gust Co. Ltd.)
  • 5pb(5pb)
  • Red(Red Entertainment)
  • Cave(CAVE Co./CAVE Interactive CO.,LTD.)
  • Falcom(Nihon Falcom Corporation)
Edited by DarknessKey92

Well this is weird, I got the Level cap on Hyperdimension Neptunia(PS3), and have spent 2 days just grinding Shiva's Visit(Currently have everyone @  LV.135). 

It's like no matter how much I level up, Shiva still almost 1 hit Kills anyone if she wishes it(while in Defense mode).

Since I can't let Neptune Die have to restart from the XMB Screen(But @ least saved before the Boss battle, to pick up from that spot), and that is my only complaint in the game to be honest.

I need luck so that she doesn't One Shot Neptune/Purple Heart, in order to kill the Dragon(I can beat the dragon, and anyone else on my party is okay to die & get revived; but I can't afford to let Neptune Die or else it affects Shares).

Maybe it's like 300 level boss?

It's pretty common.

I can't help but wonder...

Do people seriously still think anything of the main series beyond Victory is localized by NISA?

I actually met more people who think so...

The last thing NISA did was NePP and since Hyperdevotion is by IF, we can presume that NISA is no longer part of Neptunia.

Re;Birth1 was published overseas by Idea Factory International, so I'm guessing all of the games from that point on will be published by them.

Maybe it's like 300 level boss?

It's pretty common.

IDK, surprising enough the DLC Dungeons are not as hard(not to mention that "they have you literally marathon-run Bosses in the last 3 Dungeons", that're supposedly adviced @ LV. 800, 900, and 999...I finished them all @ no less then Lv. 200).

So after getting the better equipment for Neptune, such as the Kiryu Sword, Gami-Ring, and almost a lot of the Angel Processor Parts....Still 1 Hit Neptune. 

I'm gonna give it another day of grind...Also Shiva's Visit is a Non-DLC Dungeon that is supposedly adviced @ LV. 98.

Edited by DarknessKey92

I have A big Announcement that Just came to my Eyes:

There will Be A Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation Limited Edition for North America & Europe, and Pre-Orders Are rumored to Start Early January(I am going to check every fucken day of January hoping to god I can Make this Pre-Order happen).

Price For this Limited Edition Is ATM Not Available.

Includes:

ReBirth2_LE_announcement.png

1. Hyperdimension Neptunia: Re;Birth2 Sisters Generation PS Vita game
  2. “Nepgear’s Memories” 2015 Desktop Calendar
  3. “Sister’s Melodies” Soundtrack CD
  4. Collector’s Box
  5. Reversible Coversheet

Bad News:

It seams that the Europe Release of Hyperdimension Neptune Re;Birth2 SISTERS GENERATION was delayed, previously scheduled to be available for PSN on January 28th, and Retail January 30th....will now have its retail release on February 6th, and February 11th for PSN.

Edited by DarknessKey92

Update from Idea Factory International, Inc.:

Hey guys! Just wanted to answer some questions you guys had about the Re;Birth2 LE (and give you some more beautiful pictures).

1) The preorder will be available for both NA and EU customers early January. We'll announce when each store goes online ahead of their actual launch dates.
- NA customers (including Mexico and Canada) can preorder EXCLUSIVELY on our upcoming online store.
- EU customers (including Australia and New Zealand) can preorder EXCLUSIVELY on the upcoming EU online store.
2) LE price is set at $57.99 for NA, £49.99 for EU.
3) We will have more than 1000 units available!
3) EU customers will have the option to choose which region their game card will be.

1509978_1734949086730530_173053098356079

10384685_1734949080063864_47934776673645

Edited by DarknessKey92

*LE price is set at $57.99 for NA, £49.99 for EU*

£49.99=€63,05

$57,99=€46,51

EU is such a sh... craparonie-region too life in, as a gamer...

I mean, compared the prices from day1-blockbuster-games (€70=$87) in EU and NA, it looks like NA gets seasonpasses (€30=$37,40) for free - but people in NA are complaining, because money, which makes no sense, because in EU everything is more expensive xD What I mean? The problem in EU is, $1=€0,80 and not $1=€1. So when a game costs in NA $60 it should cost €48,13 in EU - but it doenst. Most of them cost around €70 here. Means, game+seasonpass cost in EU around €100 ($124,66) instead of €72,19 ($89,99). Get it? It looks like NA gets Seaonpasss for every game for free :P

The best thing about this is, that my blackfriday-package (we dont have blackfriday in EU) got intercepted and returned...

I hate you too, EU... -.-

Edited by Simulacrum_AT

Idea Factory International's David Alonzo made an article today for NA detailing Hyperdevotion Noire's Battle System(also attached a trailer).

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/12/17/hyperdevotion-noire-battle-system-detailed/

Greetings, ladies and gentlemen! My name is David, here for Idea Factory International, and I’m happy to give you a glimpse of the battle system for the upcoming strategy RPG Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart, which is launching early 2015 exclusively on PS Vita. This spinoff of the Hyperdimension Neptunia world introduces a new way for everyone’s favorite Goddesses to fight, and they’ve brought a whole army of friends to help them!

Taking place in the new world of Gamarket, you’ll see that the Goddesses get the chibi treatment, but just because they’re smaller doesn’t mean they can’t do huge amounts of damage! Because if there’s one thing these characters do better than breaking the fourth wall, it’s battle. And for the first time ever in the Hyperdimension Neptunia series, your battleground is a 3D strategy grid.

Your Goddesses will bring their crazy skills to the world of strategy, and lay the smackdown in a whole new way, but you can’t just run up to your enemy and hit ‘em or else you’d be taking the “strategy” out of “strategy RPG”. No, there’s some new things you’ve got to think about with this game’s battle system.

First, we’ll start with the characters. With a new world comes new characters, and while Noire and friends are based on game systems, these new folks are rooted in a variety of favorite game series. There’s Lid, an eyepatch-wearing stealth freak who gets around in boxes; Lee-Fi, a fighter with a certain button sequence on her bangles; and Vio, a pistol-wielding lady with a zombie puppet and umbrella.

16038543502_1d76ba9357_n.jpg16038543452_fc296dd6aa_n.jpg

There are plenty more playable characters — a total of 26, to be exact — each equipped with their own special skill sets and weapons, because you’ve got to amass a small army if you want to be able to survive on the battle grid. With so many choices, it’s only fair that you should be able to swap characters mid-battle so everyone gets a taste of (Neptunia?) victory!

There’s an added bonus to giving all your characters a taste of battle — by having characters perform special skills next to allies, you’ll be able to bump up their Lily Rank. Increasing Lily Ranks means a higher Lily Boost, so that the next time that character performs a special skill with their allies by their side, their friends will lend an encouraging peck on the cheek, increasing the skill’s effect and dramatically lowering the skill cost.

Performing special skills with the Lily Boost will also build up Lily Points, which will activate ultra-special moves and Goddess transformations. So mix and match your party and share the love — it’ll keep your party in tip-top shape!

16013473326_cee25a6de6_z.jpg

You’ll really need to make sure your party is ready for battle, because in this world, enemies aren’t the only ones out to get you — the battlefield itself is a place rife with danger! Fire pits, floating logs, electric slides (you’ll know it when you see it)… All of these things and more are scattered throughout your battle maps like flower petals from a particularly sadistic flower girl.

You’ll have to plan out your line of movement a few steps ahead in order to avoid falling prey to such unforgiving terrain. One misstep and you’re charred moe in a pit. Not only that, but enemies can inflict all kinds of strange status effects on your party — you can be pixelated, zombie-fied, or even turned into a block of tofu! Each effect has its own benefit and cost, so maybe that bane is really a boon?

So the world of Gamarket might look sweet and cuddly, but it’s really a non-stop fight for your life wrapped up in cuteness. Lucky for you, you’ve got a mini army of game parody characters fighting on your side to get through such treacherous terrain and sneaky status ailments — and if you play your cards right, they’ll be able to boost up your attacks with an encouraging kiss! We all need a little love on the battlefield. Until next time, David out!

Edited by DarknessKey92
  • Like 1

Thought this Thread needed some Hyper-Christmas, and what better way; then with this:

So A while back Idea Factory International, Inc. Announced to hold A Holiday Art Contest, and today they announced the winners along with featuring their respected Art entries:

10488217_1736128623279243_11500448361944

HOLIDAY ART CONTEST
GRAND PRIZE: Kuromai
1506637_1736120656613373_351732018571158

1st RUNNER UP: Ziru L.
10873565_1736121183279987_25819411297029

2nd RUNNER UP: Orlando S.
10551060_1736120333280072_89424964840621

Excellent Art work by these individuals:

1. I honestly Love Kuromai's Noire so much...it looks so cute & creative.

2. Ziru L.'s Neptune has the most excellent color texture.

3. Orlando S.'s Noire has a humorous dialogue going with each character.

The Prices for these 3 are as Follows:

prizebreakdown.png

GRAND PRIZE: 1/7 scale painted Purple Heart figure (approx. 8″ or 20cm tall)

1st RUNNER-UP: Set of two 14×20″ (36×51 cm) clear posters

2nd RUNNER-UP: 12×8.5″ (31x22cm) clear folder

So once again "Congratulations! to the Winners of the Art Contest", and be sure to check out the other participant's work uploaded by Idea Factory's Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1736120046613434.1073741836.1462288680663240&type=1

Edited by DarknessKey92