Glitched Trophies Help?

I seem to have had a couple trophies not pop for me and I don't know why. I made a post at .org about this too but I will probably get answers from you guys quicker. Mostly looking for suggestions. I am only on Sequence 5. 

Employee of the Month glitched, I have 51 challenges completed, the description only asks for 25. 

Business and Pleasure glitched, I have had more than 100k. I even saved up 50k at one time to see if that would make the trophy pop. 

Thug Life glitched, I am pretty sure I have plundered more than 30 ships.
Edited by skateak

I had this happen to me as well.  From what I can tell, here is how trophies work under the hood:

• Trophies can be earned on a per-save-file or global basis depending on the game and trophy. In the case of AC4, I think all of the single player trophies are earned on a per-save-file basis.
  • When the trophy is earned, it is marked as earned on your local system and also marked as earned in the save game file.
  • When you view trophies on the system in online mode, the trophies are sync'd to playstation network.
  • If somehow the save file gets out of sync with the local system in terms of trophies earned, you will never be able to get the trophy without starting a new game.

In my case, I also was missing Thug Life, as well as a couple other ones.  The reason why is that I had earned them on a PS4 which subsequently needed to be returned. Before returning it, I stored my saved game to the cloud but did NOT trophy sync.  Then I sent the PS4 back to Amazon and got a new one.  When the new one arrived, I restored my save and continued playing.  In this scenario the saved game file thought I had already earned the trophies but playstation network did not. What I had to do was start a new game and earn the last couple trophies (fortunately they were all available near the beginning of the game as I hadn't had it long before returning the original PS4).

I would suggest starting a new game just for the missed trophies.  You should be able to get thug life in less than an hour if you hurry through the first few sequences.  I don't remember how far into the game the others are, it's been too long.  Hope this helps..

• Like 1

Same thing happened if me mate, sequence 2, owned and sirens songs just don't pop. I even replayed the last mission on chapter 2 about 8 times and nothing, so I decided to continue and I'll probably start tonight a new save and get the three all together, since a little after getting the ship, those two are really easy to get. But restart is your best choice.

That's too bad. Actually it also happened to me as alike as you.

I replayed last memory of seq 5 and all memories of seq 5, but trophy didn't pop.

At last I could get it after replaying seq 5 from the first memory with my save file backed up.

Besides I've already been expriencing the trophy glitches of this series from AC3.

(at that time excessively more critical than this)

I recommend for you the playing with backup of save file using PSN+ or usb storage.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thug Life was glitched for me, too. I hadn't even unlocked it, after I fully upgraded the Jackdaw, and was sure, that I've plundered way more than 30. First I tried plundered 30 ships in a row which didn't help. Then I've started a game on a new save slot, played until I had control of the Jackdaw, plundered 30 ships and finally got it.

Still looks pretty dumb, to have that trophy as second to last trophy :unsure: .

Edited by Warlord149

I have never been able to get the "sharing is caring" trophy.  Tried for a couple months and gave up as the events would never show up.  I'm done with AC games and their dumb glitches...

I've completed Black Flag just yesterday. I know the trouble the trophy can give, but even though PSN was down for most of the time I've played, I still managed to find 3 chests, 3 convoys and 1 whale, all on my own. I dont think it is that hard to get by now.

• 3 years later...

I got the "System Update" notification popup and it forced me offline, then I attempted Siren Song and it didn't pop, I did it a few more times and still no pop.Then I updated, went online, synced and tried again still no pop.  Any suggestions aside from starting a new game, It'll look stupid being the second last trophy. Right Warlord149.

Edited by pbjent

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
1 hour ago, freddie1989 said:

Save doing a new topic. I had the trophy for the present day mission 3 'Getting Weird Around Here' not pop. This is a story related one. Can it be replayed or am i starting over? Cheers

You're able to replay story missions through the pause menu. But whether or not that will unlock it, can't really say. 

• 9 months later...