togheter till the end trophy question

pieroV_86

hi boys & girls!!

i have a question about this trophy. currently i don't have a second ps3 controller, so instead to buy a new one, i want to try with my ps4 controller.

does it  will work?? and if i change the controller during the game (for example: controller 1 to jodi and controller 2 to aiden => controller 2 jodie and controller 1 aiden) will i take the trophy at the end of the game??

thanks for the answers and sorry for my bad english :D

cheers!

I don't think PS4 controllers will work on the PS3, however there is a method to do this with only 1 controller. I have taken this from the trophy guide on playstationtrophies.org:

Now, to all those who don't have a 2nd controller of any kind. You'll be glad to know that you can trick the game into thinking you're playing in Duo Mode with 2 controllers when you're really just playing with 1. Follow these steps below:

1. At the main menu go into Game Mode, select Duo settings, and press Cross18x18.png to confirm.
  2. Hold psbutton.png, select Controller Settings, reassign the controller 1 into 2, press Cross18x18.png to confirm and back out by pressing psbutton.png. Now select Aiden and press Cross18x18.png to confirm.
  3. Hold psbutton.png, select Controller Settings, reassign the controller 2 into 1, press Cross18x18.png to confirm and back out by pressing psbutton.png. Now select Jodie and press Cross18x18.png to confirm.
  4. Start a new game.
  5. When you start a new game you may or may not be prompted to return to the main menu (due to no 2nd controller). If you're prompted then press circle18x18.png and return back to the main menu. Then reassign the controllers over again and continue the game. Sometimes, you might lose control of Aiden and he's just floating in the air. If so, you'll need to back out to the main menu and reassign the controllers to re-enable playing as Aiden with one controller, then continue the game.

To check if this worked or not. You should have two difficulty settings for both Jodie and Aiden which is only possible when playing in Duo mode. To check this, go into Options from the StartButton.png menu and Difficulty. It should read that both Jodie and Aiden are playing on "I play video games often". This is a sign that your game is in Duo Mode despite the fact you're playing with only one controller. The duo mode trophies should unlock as normal. If you take a break or continue the story later on always make sure to check your difficultly settings to see if you have two or not. If you have one, then you had reverted back to Solo mode which you don't want happening.

There is also some information on the guide here on this site, which I'll link you to:

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/910-Beyond-Two-Souls-Trophy-Guide#Together-Till-the-End

• Like 1

I don't think PS4 controllers will work on the PS3, however there is a method to do this with only 1 controller. I have taken this from the trophy guide on playstationtrophies.org:

They will if connected by USB and you're also supposed to be able to do it wirelessly by connecting it as a generic bluetooth device - though that's only worked intermittently for me.

They will if connected by USB and you're also supposed to be able to do it wirelessly by connecting it as a generic bluetooth device - though that's only worked intermittently for me.

Ah well, looks like I was misinformed about that then. I don't own a PS4 so I didn't know for certain. Thanks for correcting me.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I did get them mixed up. It's the PS3 controllers that don't work on the PS4, not the other way around. (Hopefully I got it right this time, lol)

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 1

Ah well, looks like I was misinformed about that then. I don't own a PS4 so I didn't know for certain. Thanks for correcting me.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I did get them mixed up. It's the PS3 controllers that don't work on the PS4, not the other way around. (Hopefully I got it right this time, lol)

yes, with the usb i can use the controller of ps4. the problem is that with it i can't use the "moving" (i don't know how to say it, when you must push down the controller... :huh: ); so if i change the setting during the game will i  obtain the trophy??  :rolleyes:

yes, with the usb i can use the controller of ps4. the problem is that with it i can't use the "moving" (i don't know how to say it, when you must push down the controller... :huh: ); so if i change the setting during the game will i  obtain the trophy??  :rolleyes:

Sorry, I actually don't know for certain as I haven't played the game myself yet, I'm basically just going by what the guides say. I'm sure as long as the game thinks you've played the whole thing with 2 players then you'll get the trophy. Changing the settings should be fine as long as you don't progress the story while the game thinks there is only 1 player playing.

• 2 years later...